Bent and Corrected ILM Luke Hero ROTJ Lightsaber

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Long story short, this is a 3rd Generation casting of Luke's Hero Lightsaber from Return of the Jedi - post the construction scene - noted by the dual control box rails.

this was black satin rattle can, Rub n Buff and a poorly chosen clear coat. I corrected it by seriously buffing a drop of rub n buff over everything to heat it up and make a proper sealed coating...the neck is flat brass Testors! It's a bit sparkly and the exact dulled brass color I was looking for. The control box has some gold run n buff on it too, but I may dull it somehow...
redbutton and I drilled the D ring hole, emitter nipple and set screw (real one in there that matches another casting I have) and we tapped two cheese head screws into the control box, since the casting had poor detail there.

Yes, I also dropped it, so it now mimics the ANH stunt casting inside R2D2.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.1 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 155
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 143
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 157
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 167
Last edited by a moderator:
Some excellent paint techniques applied ... well done Tom :)

Chaïm

Thank you Chaim!

I actually learned a lot about brushing techniques form you, so double thank you -- testors takes so long to dry! I clear coated that too but it started to run a little. Every prop teaches me new things :D

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back