Torchwood: Jack's coat?

Here are the shoes I use for my Jack costume:

2822580020_603b9f3241.jpg

Can you get the group captain rank slides from Surplus and outdoors? Also, are there any other little add-ons you would need to make the coat a little more screen accurate?
Thanks!

Can you get the group captain rank slides from Surplus and outdoors? Also, are there any other little add-ons you would need to make the coat a little more screen accurate?
Thanks!

I actually bought modern RAF rank slides and refit them to the shoulders. The only other thing you need for screen accurate are the Kings Crown brass buttons.

I recently ordered the replica of Captain Jack's coat from Sanjar Suri of Replicaters. I must say it came out perfectly, apart from missing the Captain Shoulder Insignia, but those can be easily made. If you want pictures, let me know. The measurements were perfect and it fits very well. It's very heavy though, coming out at about 6 pounds. It makes an excellent coat for a replica, as well as to wear around in the cold weather.

I tried looking randomly at UK shoe vendors, but that didn't get me far.

I'd love to know the style too. My payless brown shoes aren't exactly crying out "accurate".

The boots that John wears in Torchwood & Doctor Who as Captain Jack are made by Caterpillar, and the exact style is called "Luke".

I own both the lighter brown color (shown below), and the darker brown ones used more often on the show.

Picture3-1.png

Picture3-1.png

Hi all,

When John Barrowman was doing a book tour for the first of his two books, various aspects of his costume came up in a Q & A session he did. The boots are indeed Caterpillar ones as his Dad used to work for them, so it was as a nod to him. This book signing was in January 2009 and he mentioned that the particular style was out of production even then.

The cufflinks he wore were of spitfires that were genuine issue to the RAF and used to belong to his grandfather.

Hope this is of interest

i have also noticed all of the coat son ebay are no way near as long as jacks

Reading this older thread, I want to add...to my knowledge Jack wore an authentic coat in his first appearance, then they made the replicas. Not all are the same length. The "hero" coat is longer and lighter to flow for action shots. Not having actually seen a good enough shot close up of Jacks coat, I would Think they were Queens Crown buttons considering the time frame of WWII.
That said, I got an authentic RAF WWII Officer greatcoat on eBay UK. Yes it was very expensive to ship to the US. It's circa 1942 and has Queens Crown buttons. The Wool is high quality and quite smooth. I was lucky enough to find my general size in a Long. I had the sleeves taken in at the shoulder (quite expensive again) to preserve the cuffs and I left it very long. Looks like this: RAF WWII Greatcoat.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back