Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Here's my finished gun using @Candykiller's build as inspiration. Aside of the paint job, it was filled with hydrocal for weight, added non functioning LEDs, and the screws were replaced on the handle. It's not as advanced as some of the awesome builds on this thread, but it does the trick for me. Blade Runner wasn't a huge influence growing up but I couldn't pass up a $20 PKD.

Looks good I like the LEDs I was just going to paint them red and green but I like the idea of adding real ones even if they dont function.

Great solution for that barrel avagoyamug :thumbsup

I had a gap that I couldn't figure out how to fix(well I had an idea or two). But I really like your solution. That issue had been holding me off from finishing mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
avagoyamug, nice work on that front receiver. Going to send the file to SW for printing. Still going to try to fabricate one for one of the two blasters I have in my own primitive way.
If someone can 3D design and upload the file for that pointy finial thing so we can send to shapeways it would be greatly appreciated. :)

came across a great tip from 'phase pistol' to brighten up those grips. hopefully it works on these water guns too
https://www.flickr.com/photos/karltate/5466324927/in/album-72157625742155935/
1023-zoom.jpg

Okay folks, since a couple of people asked me - and since shipping from my place all over the world makes absolutely no sense for that small a part:

I reworked it a bit (mainly increased the polycount, so the "steps" in round shape disappear and also chamfered the hard edge of the outer ring) and uploaded in my Shapeways Shop. I set it up to print correct and in right size, so you don't have to worry about that.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/H...bit-m2019?optionId=63569770&li=shop-inventory

Have fun and make shure to let me see a pic, if you use it in your build! Looking forward!

Okay folks, since a couple of people asked me - and since shipping from my place all over the world makes absolutely no sense for that small a part:

I reworked it a bit (mainly increased the polycount, so the "steps" in round shape disappear and also chamfered the hard edge of the outer ring) and uploaded in my Shapeways Shop. I set it up to print correct and in right size, so you don't have to worry about that.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/H...bit-m2019?optionId=63569770&li=shop-inventory

Have fun and make shure to let me see a pic, if you use it in your build! Looking forward!

Thank you sir! I don't suppose you could upload this new file to dropbox as well for those of us who would still like to print at home? I see that your original link is dead.

Anyone else's come with a stuck trigger ? I don't really care as this is just a display piece but I feel like it might break if I force it. . .

Check the back of the main trigger if there's any flash obstructing it from sliding into the frame. And if you try and force it, use both triggers to pressure on each is halved and keep your fingers as high up as possible.

very cool, saves me time from making one from scratch where I honestly didn't know the exact specs and didn't want to dig through many boxes to make one

thanks a bunch for this, will buy 5

Thanks a bunch avagoyamug. I got your PM last night and i'm glad I waited to upload to SW. Now that you have it in your shop I can just get there. Might as well get two since I have both the clear black and blue versions.
In the immortal words of Gaff: "You've done a man's job, sir."

Edit:
Would it be possible to have it in the choice of FUD or would that be overstepping a request.

Last edited:
A quick question for other folks that have their water gun blasters in hand, does anyone know the sizes of any of the real world equivalent screws and bolts? I'd like to replace some of the moulded in bolts with real ones, especially the ones in the amber grips. I've got my blaster on the way from japan so it would be great to know a few of the bolt sizes so I could order some in and have them here for when the gun arrives so I can get straight to modding instead of starting to measure them all up once it arrives!

Loving what everyone else has done so far :) I haven't started modifying my two water pistols (one into Deckard's version, the other into a standard police issue) as I'm waiting on just a few more parts to come in so I can really do it right.

This is my first opportunity to own a Blade Runner pistol, so until such time as I can somehow obtain a higher-end replica, I want this one to fill that spot in my collection more than adequately.

I'm also going to be getting a custom display stand done up at the place where I work so I'll have something to show this off in all its glory, using the Tomenosuke Blaster Prop Display Stand as designed by David Goldberg as a template:

DISPLAY-STAND_SO_01.png

EDIT: I'll be getting an MR-style plaque done up to go with it.

Last edited:
A quick question for other folks that have their water gun blasters in hand, does anyone know the sizes of any of the real world equivalent screws and bolts? I'd like to replace some of the moulded in bolts with real ones, especially the ones in the amber grips. I've got my blaster on the way from japan so it would be great to know a few of the bolt sizes so I could order some in and have them here for when the gun arrives so I can get straight to modding instead of starting to measure them all up once it arrives!

I used 4mm grub screws and an M4 (7.5mm head size 4mm thread size) button head hex bolt in the top of the receiver. I couldn't work out whether the big bolt in the circular recess at the bottom front of the magazine was an M4 or an M5 hex bolt (in the end I used the bigger size). For all the other smaller hex bolts that I replaced or added on mine I used M2 (3.8mm head size 2mm thread size) socket cap hex bolts) and recessed them inside a 6mm diameter styrene tube.

That said, I haven't actually replaced any of the moulded in bolts on the main body of the gun, which look to my eye to be slightly bigger than M2 (M2.5? M3 maybe?) and seem to be a mix of socket cap hex bolts and button head hex bolts.

I have no idea those sizes are accurate to the original - as I say I eyeballed it for the most part - but it may help!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back