The Force Awakens Millennium Falcon Projects

Cmon! This isn't real... is it? Why would they take a step backwards? The one from the last movie was great!

Lets see... a MF that preceeds the one from Ep. IV. Why couldn't it have something mounted on the F1 boxes? Is it even Han Solo's ship at that time? Probably is, but nothing says he couldn't have extras on board that he later removed, right?

Ever look at a picture of the "junk yard jumble" that has grown up on the exterior of the Mir spacestation over the years? ;^P

R/ RoBeRt

Lets see... a MF that preceeds the one from Ep. IV. Why couldn't it have something mounted on the F1 boxes? Is it even Han Solo's ship at that time? Probably is, but nothing says he couldn't have extras on board that he later removed, right?

Ever look at a picture of the "junk yard jumble" that has grown up on the exterior of the Mir spacestation over the years? ;^P

R/ RoBeRt
Keep in mind the person who posted this said episode 8. It's not the F1 boxes that bother me, it's jaw boxes!

Episode VIII (rogue one) is supposed to happen prior to Ep. 4 in the story arc, right? Problem is, they goofed and used the Ep. 7 rectenna... not the "military grade" round one!

Hope they fixed it in post-production.

R/ Robert

hey guys,

saw these today, and thought they might be of interest to you all.

episode 8 set images.

View attachment 663549
View attachment 663548
View attachment 663547

notice the F1 boxes have been changed!

Relax,....they were there on TFA Full size set....(well one......they filled in the portside with CG)

en%20Shot%202016-09-13%20at%2022.30.27_zpsadekdizd.png

en%20Shot%202016-09-13%20at%2022.33.21_zpssqwjhw5h.png

bah... the jawboxes are too fat/tall...

<DUCKS FOR COVER>

Jedi Dade

....& it's interesting to see that they thinned the jaw on the CG tweaked image on TFA,.....when you compare it to the set on Greenham common

J

Last edited:
Is it just me, or does the TFA Falcon exterior shell look slightly larger than the OT ones?

Its still too small for the interior sets but it looks like it might be closer to them. The TFA shell's cockpit tube looks larger than before when you see actors standing around below it.

Is it just me, or does the TFA Falcon exterior shell look slightly larger than the OT ones?

Its still too small for the interior sets but it looks like it might be closer to them. The TFA shell's cockpit tube looks larger than before when you see actors standing around below it.

Yep it's full scale now,....brilliant

J

Yep it's full scale now,....brilliant

I know that was implied a lot during the run-up to the movie, but was it ever confirmed? It didn't look quite as big as I expected. I wondered if they might have split the difference or something.

On the other hand we mostly saw the shell in outdoor settings this time as opposed to soundstages. That probably shrinks it a bit visually.

Last edited:
The photos of the guys who broke into the set, took photos of the inside of the ship & cockpit,.....looks 1:1 to me

J

The falcon is supposed to be about 114 feet. Well, the theatre I run has a stage space of 120ft by 70ft.

There is no way that falcon set is as big as my stage.

But I REALLY hope we get some CAD files of that thing

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Figure out the diameter of the cockpit tube. That gives it away.

I think the interior sets are like 9 feet across. The soundstage exterior shells in the OT were closer to 6 feet.

I wonder if the exterior shell in TFA might have been in between those two sizes.

Does anybody have 2D .dwg files of the falcon? I would love to have a look that that in CAD

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back