Episode 7 SE-44C First Order Blaster Pistol Build

JJ Griffin

Sr Member
c041a7_678504f31d40449fa7cee3e6dad2e0a7.jpg

Introduction
We have begun working on the SE-44C blaster pistol, with the goal of eventually offering them alongside our popular F-11D blaster rifles. Like the F-11D, we're working closely with @JUSTINIAN on this project, so anyone who has seen how our F-11D blaster rifles turned out, you know that Justin and I have great attention to detail and accuracy. This thread is simply to detail the build project, and is not affiliated with any future runs in any way.

Base Model
Here's the base model, created from scratch by the amazingly talented and super-generous @T5H (aka Germain), whom we collaborated on for certain parts of our F-11D as well as Rey's staff. The screws in the render are just for proof of concept; like with our F-11D we will be using real hardware on the finished prop to ensure the greatest amount of detail and screen accuracy.
24148593786_0ee705b29c_c.jpg23546485814_8583304eb7_c.jpg23547904083_96905fa608_c.jpg23806860989_e2190b2f72_c.jpg23806866879_19a77c2c71_c.jpg24066632822_55af36b478_c.jpg24148580266_f08a6c5b17_c.jpg24148587616_7bbc934b0e_c.jpg

Revisions
Germain really went the extra mile for us, investing long hours into quality-of-life improvements to make the Master pistol cheaper and easier to print as well as mold, and also even more accurate! In fact, without giving too much away, we are confident this is going to be the most accurate version of this prop available short of an actual production piece (or cast of one).

An actual Glock was modeled to serve as a new base.
jj_se-10.jpg

The dummy Glock slides into the white frame from the back, and is then secured via the end cap (perhaps "end block" would be more appropriate!).
jj_se-11.jpg

An open cocking channel was added, like on the screen-used pistols, but for simplicity's sake, the slide and cocking lever will be static, just like on our F-11D's. Because this weapon resembles a very commonly-used firearm as well as an aftermarket kit attachment for it, keeping moving parts to a minimum will (hopefully) help avoid hassles as conventions or importing it into countries overseas for international clientele.
jj_se-13.jpg

A battery compartment was added to the end cap, along with other adjustments made to incorporate the same LED kits used in our F-11Ds.
battery compartment.png

Small pegs were added to the rear portion of the frame, to help with aligning the end cap into the rear slot once the Glock is secure inside.
jj_18-14.jpg

The model is printing as we speak, and will hopefully be ready for post processing by the end of the month.

Feedback and comments are always appreciated, as they help us ensure we're on the right track and producing something that meets the rigorous standards of the community. :)

~JJ

That's another one I got to buy, will it ever end, of course not, cause in 10 months we will have Rogue One and a bunch more.
So I guess I got 10 months to finish all of the ones from TFA, job on...

That's another one I got to buy, will it ever end, of course not, cause in 10 months we will have Rogue One and a bunch more.
So I guess I got 10 months to finish all of the ones from TFA, job on...

I know the feeling, mate. There are still a ton of props from TFA that are calling to me from beyond the grave (Han's detonators and explosives...)... A guy could go broke with personal projects if he's not careful!

~JJ

jj, is the Glock a G19?

The weapon is actually something of a Frankenstein's monster, clearly custom-modeled to resemble a bunch of real-life firearms components. As far as we can tell, the base pistol is based off the Glock 17, with the surrounding frame "inspired by" a FAB Defense KPOS carbine conversion kit minus the folding stock. The muzzle device is similar to the DL-44's (which makes sense, as in the canon the DL-44 and SE-44C are both manufactured by the same parent corporation). The sight device on the top is a mix of an AR-15 style front sight and the charging handle/elevation knob area of an M16. Again, all of these components feature minor-to-major deviations from the real-world products.

Hope that helps. I'm by no means a real-life gun expert so hopefully someone with more experience in these matters will chime in if I've made some wrong assertions :)

~JJ

I hope everything is going to fit together well! Just a word of advice I forgot to tell you about: it might be needed to shorten a little the two little tabs coming from underneath the scope and which go inside the slide part of the Glock, so you can assemble these together. I thought better a little too long than too short.

I hope everything is going to fit together well! Just a word of advice I forgot to tell you about: it might be needed to shorten a little the two little tabs coming from underneath the scope and which go inside the slide part of the Glock, so you can assemble these together. I thought better a little too long than too short.

I see... I figured based on the prototype we printed, but it's good to know it wasn't just a flaw in our printer's tolerances :) Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back