Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

How come whenever a background character / agent gets killed there's no mourning from the main cast?

Yes I know they're just extras/fillers..but they're Shield agents...and the main cast don't seem affected whenever a unknown agent in background or extra gets killed

Last edited:
I had a neat idea today about how they could save Phil and the world. I doubt the show will do it like this, but a cool thought. In season 3, they had a inhuman that could melt metal by touching it. He was in a few episodes, then disappeared. Since from what I understand, this gravitonium is a type of metal. What if the one inhuman could melt Talbot by touching him. Then the centipede serum could be used on Phil.

I think that guy was around this year and was absorbed by talbot. He didn't melt metal he could take the form of any metal or material.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that guy was around this year and was absorbed by talbot. He didn't melt metal he could take the form of any metal or material.

No, different guy, you are talking about Crusher Creel (the absorbing man). JediM was talking about Joey.

I assumed Joey was dead, thought he was killed by Hive or Lash, but I guess he's still alive somewhere. The problem is Gravitonium already looks pretty fluid so instead of melting it he'd have to boil it. Also it's sentient metal that can look like flesh, it can probably control its state of matter heat be damned. I also question the use of centipede serum on him, does he even have 'cell structure' to augment at this point?

No, different guy, you are talking about Crusher Creel (the absorbing man). JediM was talking about Joey.

I assumed Joey was dead, thought he was killed by Hive or Lash, but I guess he's still alive somewhere. The problem is Gravitonium already looks pretty fluid so instead of melting it he'd have to boil it. Also it's sentient metal that can look like flesh, it can probably control its state of matter heat be damned. I also question the use of centipede serum on him, does he even have 'cell structure' to augment at this point?

Yeah, it was Joey. Not sure what happened to him, but I don't think hes dead. I suppose if the writers decided that he could kill Talbot, then they would make it work. But guess we'll see in two days.

So, will the season end with some of the cast going poof or when it returns next summer will characters say dumb things about people mysteriously turning to ash and then reappearing?

Oh, good grief: that is how Coulson gets saved. He is going to disappear at the end of the show and when everyone is resurrected in the Infinity War sequel he will be cured.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

What did I just watch? Coulson and May almost literally walked off into the sunset. I was going to complain about Fitz until I remembered the one who died was in suspended animation into the future and then travelled back in time with the gang. The one on ice is going to be pissed when he gets there and Gemma is in her 60's and it was a one way trip. I also noticed Deke disappeared at the end.

So it looks like they are going with a goofy "that was crazy how after we dropped Coulson and May off on Tahiti half of us turned to ash and then returned a little while later". I know the movie people probably wanted to keep the ending of Infinity War a secret but it's been three weeks, surely the show could have brought a few of the cast in to film them turning.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Does that explain the non-funeral at the end?

He died, but there's a version of him in suspended animation out there that doesn't need to go to the future so they can find him and he's back??

Watched it. Loved it. I was on the edge on my seat the whole time. Although, I wish Daisy and Talbot had more of a fight before she launched him into space. Still cool how it was all done. I wonder if the next season will have them finding Fitz from his sleep and debriefing him on everything thats happened.

That last episode would've made a FANTASTIC series finale. It's gonna be weird having them come back now. Not that I won't watch, but I'm curious to see how they'll handle it.

Does that explain the non-funeral at the end?

He died, but there's a version of him in suspended animation out there that doesn't need to go to the future so they can find him and he's back??
Yes, which is kind of weird. He was still a Fitz. I can't imagine how they will get the one on ice back early since he is probably the only one who could modify the Zephyr to go that far. And they are out of gravitonium.

When did Deke disappear? I never saw a trace of him after he talked to Daisy. I'm assuming Talbot is going to come back and cause trouble at some point. Next season they will probably be finding Fitz. I can't see them waiting around when they have a space worthy plane. Oh, also are Daisy's powers permanently jacked now or was that a temporary boost? I think that Mac was a great choice for team leader also. Way better than Daisy.

They just never showed deke after him hoarding.

So it can be inferred via Marty's photograph that you change the future you change the reason behind his existence therefore negating that existence.

When did Deke disappear? I never saw a trace of him after he talked to Daisy.

It was deliberately left ambiguous if he disappeared or just left to explore the world.

Oh, also are Daisy's powers permanently jacked now or was that a temporary boost?

Unknown, Dialogue says it should be a temporary boost, but there is nothing stopping the writers from having some lasting effects.

I'm confused. How come Agent Piper, Agent Davis and other agents in background around Zephyr One and Lighthouse didn't say bye to Coulson?

A few of them did, not sure about them all. Most were just there for a random kill.

I always thought weird how Shield was pretty much hiding from the world, yet there at times were endless amounts of agents around.....to be killed.

And yet the main cast doesn't get emotionally affected...like they don't matter.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back