The Last Jedi new prop picture SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

So It was pointed out that the pommel cubes are miss aligned with the control box alittle bit...

I’ve talked to a few saber smiths about being able to take the saberforge pommel and mill/lathe it down to the creepy uncle status and they said it wouldn’t be a problem...

I started playing around last night... if they mill the pommel down, the cubes have to go with it... when milling the cubes down to a smaller size, would in turn make the cube not in line with the box anymore...
aa0f3ba8fb4a9c0b8f3f2774ab313e39.jpg

e3b71eaa461737a6255ea97da74150c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been to the Disneyland launchbay many many times. Literally everything is a replica. Their TFA Graflex is well documented and discussed. As decor near the meet and green lines are pretty much every saber ever-- all of them MRs or Disney exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

So It was pointed out that the pommel cubes are miss aligned with the control box alittle bit...

I’ve talked to a few saber smiths about being able to take the saberforge pommel and mill/lathe it down to the creepy uncle status and they said it wouldn’t be a problem...

I started playing around last night... if they mill the pommel down, the cubes have to go with it... when milling the cubes down to a smaller size, would in turn make the cube not in line with the box anymore...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/aa0f3ba8fb4a9c0b8f3f2774ab313e39.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180404/e3b71eaa461737a6255ea97da74150c6.jpg

Great eye... but I still wonder why do all that work when they at the very least had access to the TFA bts if not the ROTJ hero, V3, andvresin Yumas?

I get this feeling that the Awesome-Con/White Glove saber, was 3D printed, then that was used to make a mold from, to produce the resin saber we see now. The box was glued haphazardly on, hence it doesn't align. In some of the pictures, you can make out where some squeezed out from the box. At first, I thought it may have built from Saberforge parts. But a lot of the dimensions don't match. However, some of the basic proportions do. Like the deeper 3rd ring on the emitter. I'm guessing that they just did a Google search for Luke RotJ Lightsaber. And did a kinda of kit bash thing.

I've been to the Disneyland launchbay many many times. Literally everything is a replica. Their TFA Graflex is well documented and discussed. As decor near the meet and green lines are pretty much every saber ever-- all of them MRs or Disney exclusives.

- - - Updated - - -

Great eye... but I still wonder why do all that work when they at the very least had access to the TFA bts if not the ROTJ hero, V3, andvresin Yumas?

This is where it gets confusing... because George Lucas owns a lot of the Props. Like the traveling show that has all the costumes and props, where we have seen the real V1 hero on display

Is that GL or is that Disney’s now? I know George has his own collection aside from what’s in the archives

That fits everything we know about how rushed jobs props usually are. Google "Luke ROTJ Hero", click on first available picture, make one without even zooming on the pic. Done!

I get this feeling that the Awesome-Con/White Glove saber, was 3D printed, then that was used to make a mold from, to produce the resin saber we see now. The box was glued haphazardly on, hence it doesn't align. In some of the pictures, you can make out where some squeezed out from the box. At first, I thought it may have built from Saberforge parts. But a lot of the dimensions don't match. However, some of the basic proportions do. Like the deeper 3rd ring on the emitter. I'm guessing that they just did a Google search for Luke RotJ Lightsaber. And did a kinda of kit bash thing.

Or had one in hand, and 3d scanned it. They used a lot of 3d scanning in TFA... built Rey’s staff, 3d scanned it, shrunk it, and printed it

Just wish we had someone on the inside to talk to....

Let me tell ya, I ever get on the inside I would see no problem coming on here and explaining the history of how it’s built

What’s the big deal with explaining the design?!

The r2 builders have been very helpful with sharing how the new r2’s were built

That fits everything we know about how rushed jobs props usually are. Google "Luke ROTJ Hero", click on first available picture, make one without even zooming on the pic. Done!

Rush job ;) that’s every prop maker

Another problem with inside info: prop builders don't overthink every single detail, so they usually don't remember them at all months or years later. Someone said earlier in the thread that WE know the screen-used props more than they do. That's the absolute truth.

Like this picture of slothfurnace's saber?

FDUVDQWGYZNVV5X.LARGE.jpg

Notice how the pommel isn't aligned? Just like TLJ saber. And the arrows stick out really far. Just like the TLJ saber. And the V-shaped notch in the buttons. Just like the TLJ saber. I think one of the prop guys liked this saber:D

The funniest thing is, to anyone but us, these are 4 pictures of the same saber. :D

Lol! I just tested it on my mother. And she thought there were 2:lol

Does anyone else ever get the "that looks exactly like your last lightsaber you bought!"? And have you to explain to your loved one, that they are indeed 2 totally different lightsabers.:rolleyes

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back