Black Series Darth Vader reveal helmet coming...? Hasbrocon

i completely agree guys, this isn't a perfect replica, this is a toy. just like all the other black series stuff, im not hurt over it being nasty looking. if i wanted a accurate reveal helmet i would just build one from off here. this is a great toy though

i completely agree guys, this isn't a perfect replica, this is a toy. just like all the other black series stuff, im not hurt over it being nasty looking. if i wanted a accurate reveal helmet i would just build one from off here. this is a great toy though

I feel completely the same way. I think it'll look great broken down into pieces for what it costs. Plus, this is a Vader helmet I can actually let my 2 year old play with :p

Hey for 100 bucks you can play a little bit with it.:lol

I think its possible to make it a lot better.The grooves on the nose can be made thinner,the sides of the mouth straight with putty,the eyeholes also better,some better accurate revealparts...and a complete repaint.:)

A little bit played with paint...

32072829ls.jpg

Last edited:
Looking to get this bucket when it comes out. Looks good.

I'd like to see them come out with a Shoretrooper, a Deathtrooper helmet, and an ANH X-Wing pilot helmet next.

If anyone is in the Portland, Oregon area, StarWarsStore in Clackamas got some of these helmets in. They also have the full first wave of the 6" Solo movie figures.

...Yeah, we have a store devoted to Star Wars here. It's incredibly bad for my wallet. :p
https://www.facebook.com/thestarwarstore/

I'm going to be heading over there today I think. I'll let y'all know if I see anything of interest. Can't afford the helmet right now but if I see one I'll try to take a good old look at it.

Last edited:
If anyone is in the Portland, Oregon area, StarWarsStore in Clackamas got some of these helmets in. They also have the full first wave of the 6" Solo movie figures.

...Yeah, we have a store devoted to Star Wars here. It's incredibly bad for my wallet. :p
https://www.facebook.com/thestarwarstore/

I'm going to be heading over there today I think. I'll let y'all know if I see anything of interest. Can't afford the helmet right now but if I see one I'll try to take a good old look at it.

If they have one on display try and get photos! Still waiting to see this in normal lighting...

If they have one on display try and get photos! Still waiting to see this in normal lighting...

They had it out on display but I don't have a smart phone so I couldn't take any pictures. I did pick it up and fiddle around with it a bit. It's fairly hefty, which kind of surprised me, but I'm glad it was kind of hefty. But I have to say that I was really rather underwhelmed by the helmet. It's neat and it has some great detailing, but it's just... not quite right. I am by no means an expert on Darth Vader helmets, and I can't say that I've studied them at any great length, but that said, there were some things that even I noticed about it...

The helmet definitely looks to be based more on the Star Wars Rebels version of Darth Vader, and the helmet has that deeper, sharper, more angry-looking frown to it like in Rebels, it also sort of had a somewhat narrower look like the Rebels version, but not quite so exaggerated. But maybe the narrow aspect was just me. Still, the face of it looked pretty good, aside from the neck being short, which the neck didn't really bother me too much. The paint application looked pretty great, too.

The biggest problem I saw with it, though, which kind of wrecked the whole thing, was that the top bell helmet, whatever it's called, the very top helmet part, it's gigantic. It's so big that if the helmet sits on a table it can't sit flat because the top helmet is even longer than the rest of the helmet, even longer than the neck, so it doesn't sit flat and the top helmet gets pushed off. Not a big deal if you don't have it sitting flat but it was still weird. I also noticed that it's really loose, it didn't seem like there was anything holding that top helmet down... When I went to pick it up I was expecting some resistance and the thing just came right off, so if someone wore it and bent over that piece would just slide right off, and I imagine that it might wobble a bit as you walk. Maybe there was a broken latch or something? I didn't see anything that could hold it down, though... Another problem was that the front part of that top helmet came down so low that it covered the frown of the face part and even a bit of the eye lenses... It's like the top helmet was made for a mask twice the size. It almost gives it a bobblehead look. If that top helmet would have been smaller the whole thing would have looked a ton better. One idea is to perhaps add a little bit of foam to the inside of the top helmet to raise it up somewhat so that it doesn't sit so low? It would still look kind of big but it would look better, I think.

I couldn't figure out how to work the electronic functions (I'm not even sure if the helmet had batteries in it or not) so I can't say anything about that, and I didn't try it on, didn't think about it at the time. But I was kind of underwhelmed by the helmet. I mean, it's not terrible, it's certainly better than most of the other mass-produced cheaper Darth Vader helmets out there, but I'm not sure that it's really worth the $100 price tag. I'd like to pick one up, it would make an awesome three piece display, but I'll wait until it goes on sale. It's Darth Vader-ish but it's just not Darth Vader, not really...

But I did get one treasure out of it... :cool
Solo_Movie_Range_Trooper_March23_2018_01.jpg

Last edited:
Blue Leader : Maybe that is why the helmet looked so weird in the first promo pics. Either way, the size issue is really throwing me off. What a pity. Well, maybe Hasbro's strategy is to "reveal" another (accurized) non-reveal-helmet in a few years like they did with the Black Series Vader figure. Just to please the fans (and to take their money twice ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back