The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Actually the hardest part imo is still the balance pipe... it’s only through a bit of luck and @teecrooz that we’ve been able to find the last three engines.

The balance pipe was the one piece that I thought was - forever - going to be the replica on my build. :lol But, thanks to teecrooz, that's no longer the case.
Now if I could only find that booster.

Last edited by a moderator:
The balance pipe was the one piece that I thought was - forever - going to be the replica on my build. :lol But, thanks to @teecrooz, that's no longer the case.
Now if I could only find that booster.

Funny, the balance pipe vent was the first thing I acquired - thanks to Edraven99.

Though I was off to the races, did I!

Filling out the rest of the parts list, I find it a bit amazing that the booster turned out to be the giant speed bump.

I mean, people collect guns and WWII stuff, right? Should be a few around.

Who collects sink knobs from the age of Disco?

Besides me, it would seem...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the last few that sold (& they ALL sell .... fast) have sold around $800 - $1,000 & up. Depending on if they were males, converted females, or actual females being a factor.
It's been quite a while since I've seen any come up, so who knows now.
I'm wondering what a booster would go for :facepalm

The Balance Pipe was the final piece for me.

Both the booster and the BP were only possible with help from people on this forum. The booster itself was a wild multi-tiered event involving an arms dealer and other buyers for extra parts. Somebody here warned me to check my sanity at the door on the booster when I started the journey.

There's no doubt that part of the cost baked into these antique oddities is the man hours that go into just finding them.

Its funny, the last few boosters I found are the only parts I didn't find through the RPF. And the Graflex clamp, but those aren't at all rare. I made a friend in the gun collecting community and he's the one who helped me locate the boosters. After the last one I got with his help, even he said they were getting harder and harder to find. But yeah, I always thought the balance pipe would be the one part on my Obi that would be a replica forever. Luckily Roman came through with some awesome converted males. Thats good enough for me.

Actually the hardest part imo is still the balance pipe... it’s only through a bit of luck and @teecrooz that we’ve been able to find the last three engines.

I suppose - and yet most parties here seem to describe a complete saber apart from the booster. I know this is greatly due to the generous hard work of Chris and the incestuous passing around of the components.

We'll probably all be wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone at some point.

I can say I paid more than $1000 for my natural female balance pipe...

Last edited:
I suppose - and yet most parties here seem to describe a complete saber apart from the booster. I know this is greatly due to the generous hard work of Chris and the incestuous passing around of the components.

We'll probably all be wiped out by a virulent disease contracted from a dirty telephone at some point.

I can say I paid more than $1000 for my natural female balance pipe...

I suppose that's around the figure I expected but I was always intrigued to find out for sure!

I would absolutely love a real parts OB1 but it's out of my league price-wise. Also, I think at this stage of game, there are no bargains or lucky finds to make. Anyone who has one of the items needed to make a saber knows what they are worth to a Star Wars collector.

What we see happening now is what I call the 'Star Wars tax' where items have their intrinsic value trippled.

A man can dream though but in the meantime, if anyone finds themself near Manchester UK with a real parts saber in hand, please let me know so i can just hold it for a few moments! :p

I suppose that's around the figure I expected but I was always intrigued to find out for sure!

I would absolutely love a real parts OB1 but it's out of my league price-wise. Also, I think at this stage of game, there are no bargains or lucky finds to make. Anyone who has one of the items needed to make a saber knows what they are worth to a Star Wars collector.

What we see happening now is what I call the 'Star Wars tax' where items have their intrinsic value trippled.

A man can dream though but in the meantime, if anyone finds themself near Manchester UK with a real parts saber in hand, please let me know so i can just hold it for a few moments! :p

You never know! Being in the UK, you’re much closer geographically to where almost all of these items are usually found. Every Hales I’ve had came from the UK. Every handwheel from the UK. The engine I found was in the EU... also over here the MG parts floating around are closely guarded by gun guys, and they can smell out prop nerds from a mile away :p. You might have more luck than you think getting in with the UK/European militaria crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The only pieces I’m missing for mine are the transistors and the white/gray wire. The rest of it took me a WHILE to find and trade for/buy all the original parts. The booster for me? THAT was the single hardest piece to come by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back