Skywalker/Rey Ep. 8 Saber seen at the end of TLJ

Collectorchris

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Though I was not a huge fan of some of the things occuring in TLJ, I am a saber fan. As soon as I saw what happens to the iconic Skywalker saber, I knew I had to have at least a representation of it. I did not go for screen accurate as I have not found great pics, but I put my personal ideas into it. I am by no means as artistic and creative as many of you, but I had to try.

I started with a 3D print I got from Kassi's Cosplay Etsy store. Used my Dremil to open up the inside of each, create the damage and melted look. Some custom paint, brass tube, wire, spring, and a glass crystal (though I plan to replace this with a colored quartz I forgot I had), and here it is! It is still a work in progress and I need to tone down the scratches with brass showing, but I was proud of how it turned out.

IMG_2545.JPG

IMG_2548.JPG

IMG_2549.JPG

Last edited:
Re: So I took a stab at the LS/Rey Ep. 8 Saber seen at the end of TLJ

Very well done! 3D printing this saber makes much more sense than destroying a Roman's or 2.0

Very well done! 3D printing this saber makes much more sense than destroying a Roman's or 2.0

Thanks, and I agree, $40 + paints and material is much cheaper than ruining an original or a nice replica. Though a metal one would be nice, this is a sufficient place holder for this saber IMHO.

Maybe just add a crystal sticking out and I think it makes a fun representation!

Thanks. It has a blue glass crystal in it that just didn't show up well in the pictures. I do have a nice piece of quartz that will look better, but I epoxied the glass in place. Not sure how to break it free without damaging the piece.

I think I need to do a re-paint on this. I used a flat aluminum, but I think a metallic silver would make it pop a bit more. I just finished my Anakin AOTC saber last night, I will have to snap some pics of it and share as well.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back