Blade Runner 2049 Joi's Emenator

:lol I actually use an Innokin vaper, been off the smokes for six months. Unfortunately it's not this one, or I could share dimensions. The button on my vaper is very similar to the Joi one, except it's oblong and glows green instead of blue.

I did see a few images of some options that had a "cap" and a round button. They didn't provide dims, but it looked VERY similar.

Done_Test_A2.jpg

Making some serious progress!

DjBlingbling1 and I collaborated when my designer backed out. I think between us, we have nailed a pretty darn good model. We decided to release the design and will not have a run in resin. I think this piece is best 3D printed as it allows for plenty of room for us to add lights and sound. I’m going to order some sample decals to see if they work and if they do I will make them available

Awesome job guys, I just finished printing the V2 out, only thing is Im just wondering about the overall length of it, maybe a tad too long?? the width is nice but it hard to say about the length. This pic (below) was just posted in another BR thread and when i hold mine in hand and compare, it makes me think it is a little too long, keen to get any thoughts
attachment.php

Its possibly its about .5" too long on each end.....once better photos come out I can go back and re-evaluate....its just hard to scale 100% from blurry photos.

Yeah i was thinking its only a tiny bit out but as you say its pretty close for now, I might chop a little section out of mine and see how it goes, I want to get started on its case aswell

I'm guessing that none of the lightsaber soundboard fit in the emanator. Otherwise you could add Peter and the wolf and some of Joi's quotes. Otherwise the sound modules in greeting cards would fit

Yeah originally I hoped a nano biscotte would fit, but it just cant without sacrificing accuracy. A greeting card module might be the answer if you can edit the sound?

Amazon has compact sound modules which can hold a few minutes of audio and come equipped with speakers as well. Certain modules can be activated by exposure to light, which might work when sliding open Joi's emanator. They're around $10. I've never tried one of these though. And I doubt they're as robust as a nano biscotti.

Yeah originally I hoped a nano biscotte would fit, but it just cant without sacrificing accuracy. A greeting card module might be the answer if you can edit the sound?

How are your Joi sticks coming along Sundowner?

I dig your work so I can’t wait to see what you come up with :thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:
Good thread. Glad to see work being done on this piece. :thumbsup

infinity00, those are great shots. Thanks for sharing!

I agree that the Joi logo doesn't look embossed. But in this screenshot, it looks as if it might be very slightly debossed:

Joi Emanator.png

Last edited:
Wanted to share mine :p (Picture 1).
Working on a model that will be able to receive electronics like buttons, lights and would be powered by LR44 button cell (Picture 2). Still having trouble with dimentions and scale but I'm getting there!!

Picture 1
Joi's.PNG
Picture 2
369925338_726.jpg

Wanted to share mine :p (Picture 1).
Working on a model that will be able to receive electronics like buttons, lights and would be powered by LR44 button cell (Picture 2). Still having trouble with dimentions and scale but I'm getting there!!

Picture 1
View attachment 785338
Picture 2
View attachment 785341

Good luck! I wasnt able to get the scale right AND have it large enough for electronics, but im also very primitive with my 3D design and have been hoping someone better skilled would do something better. Are you remixing mine or starting from scratch?

Agree that the logo seems to be slightly raised, cool little prop. Has anyone managed to interpret the smaller icon next to "JOI"? I see an infinity sign, with something similar to a lowercase i before it, but I can't be totally sure what that is.

Just to clarify:

I'm guessing that the logo may be very slightly recessed rather than raised. It's hard to tell from the screenshots, though. We need better reference shots...

Ah hah, fair enough. I can't really make up my mind about it without like you say more reference. It could as easily be either depending on the shot, or possibly simply a different texture (or a combination of the two more likely) and basically flush with the surface, or in that shot I could even be persuaded that JOI is raised and the smaller logo is stamped for example. If it is stamped or raised, it definitely isn't by very much.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back