Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

Who's to say Kylo Ben doesn't have a kid already that's a secret? Say he knocked up a fellow Jedi at Luke's academy. Said knocked up Jedi realized he was going dark so she fled, had the baby in secret somewhere, then went back to save him-- but he killed her along with everybody else.

Tell me that kid hitting 20 and searching out an old Rey to teach him the ways of the Force isn't straight up Star Wars.

Sorry, semi disconnected rant:

I just am extremely dissatisfied with the entire sequel trilogy designs for... everything really. It all just looks exactly like it is: OT, PT, and JJ Trek designs exaggerated, thrown in a blender, and left in the sun to fade. It just doesn't have the interest of the original or prequel trilogies. It's okay while you're watching it, but it's just...unremarkable.

Sorry, semi disconnected rant:

I just am extremely dissatisfied with the entire sequel trilogy designs for... everything really. It all just looks exactly like it is: OT, PT, and JJ Trek designs exaggerated, thrown in a blender, and left in the sun to fade. It just doesn't have the interest of the original or prequel trilogies. It's okay while you're watching it, but it's just...unremarkable.

Frankly, it SHOULD look fairly OT. It's 2017, compare vehicle/plane/truck designs from 1987 to today. Not a whole lot different visually. Same with the police or military. You could stick one of each from '87 and '17 next to each other and while you may see a difference, it's not huge.

Frankly, it SHOULD look fairly OT. It's 2017, compare vehicle/plane/truck designs from 1987 to today. Not a whole lot different visually. Same with the police or military. You could stick one of each from '87 and '17 next to each other and while you may see a difference, it's not huge.

And when you're talking about a society where benchmark achievements like FTL travel, hovering cars, and energy weapons have been commonplace for thousands of years, there's not a ton of room for change.

The only tech that seemed to advance over the course of the films is cybernetics. In the PT, all cyber-body parts were robot-like, but in the OT Luke had flesh on his new hand.

Yeah, I agree. I re read my post and it sounds like I was meaning that it shouldn't. This is just my opinion of course, but there should have been somewhat of a return to the elegance of the prequel era, rather than making everything so boxy (not to mention all the visible buckles and things). That's not to say there's nothing good about the designs. Kylos entire TFA costume is excellent, and the FO stormtroopers are a good, logical progression from the ot to a sleeker style. Now again, this is just my opinion, but both the OT and PT have distinct, iconic styles, while so far the majority of the designs for TFA and TLJ are just bland and unimpressive. I honestly wish they had used the majority of the undeveloped concept pieces as the actual designs for this trilogy. The submerged death star wreckage, the red four pointed star destroyer, etc.

ATTACH]

Not sure if this has been shared.
Not sure if it even means anything.
Just the fact that Ben is being shown with a new Praetorian Guard and Snooke.
I did hear the 4 figures on the bottom row are to be a 4 pack showing the different eras.
Anyone heard if we might see this old spirit in TLJ?
Robert

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 246
Yand Rey will be seduced to the Dark Side.

Dreaming in Technicolor if you think for one second LFL/Disney will do any such thing with Rey. They won't dare get anywhere near doing anything that takes away from her being anything more than an underwritten collection of positive character traits.

- - - Updated - - -

ATTACH]

I did hear the 4 figures on the bottom row are to be a 4 pack showing the different eras.
Robert
Don't think it means anything. There's also the Vader/Probe Droid and Bespin Han/Leia in the TLJ figure line up.

ATTACH]

Robert

What era is the third from the left on the bottom? Never saw that one onscreen.

Possible reveal in Gamestop's computer?

Preordered the new exclusive GameStop figs today. In the computer they listed the Snoke with his throne as Victor with throne

Possible reveal in Gamestop's computer?

Preordered the new exclusive GameStop figs today. In the computer they listed the Snoke with his throne as Victor with throne

I wonder if it is just the codeword for the figure that has been in their system a long time. I remember when the first Force Friday was coming up, someone looked in the Toys “R” Us computers and they had no character names (other than Kylo Ren for some reason), only the following descriptions: Lead Hero, Sidekick Alien, Lead Villian, Secondary Hero, etc. Maybe that term you found indicates that they used proper names as codewords this time around, rather than a necessarily being an adjective? I.e. “Victor” rather than “the victor”? Either way though, interesting to speculate on.

ATTACH]

Robert

Hasbro releases other era figures in their assortments. So I doubt the Prequel era Senate Guard, Royal Guard, or Obi Wan will be in this. After seeing those Praetorian guards I would never put a picture of the older guards next to them; it just shows how lame they are in comparison.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back