Rogue One Rebel Soldier Helmet

Can definitely see that the 'armour' is contiguous and runs around the whole of the 'M1'.

Also can see that the right hand shoulder patch is the same style as those worn by Rebel troopers on Hoth - sorry the last is an observation not meant to derail the helmet focus.

Yeah I think those patches must be a Rank Identification of sorts. One more question to everyone: Are we sure that box on the strap on the poster helmet is an E-11 clip? It looks to straight to be a cut down sterling magazine

Yeah I think those patches must be a Rank Identification of sorts. One more question to everyone: Are we sure that box on the strap on the poster helmet is an E-11 clip? It looks to straight to be a cut down sterling magazine

i also believe it's some kind of magazine. u can see one side has a indented half moon shape, and the other side has a extended halfmoon shape like the bottom of the mag

i am willing to bet the cylinder under the mag is a flash light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm also thinking that the box is a magazine, and the cylinder is a flash light. The bands around the helmet remind me of the rubber bands used by the US Marines in Vietnam.

The rubber bands reminded me on the rubberbands from the endcaps of our MILAN - anti tank guided missile.

Those of us that fired a real one kept the bands for our helmets. :cool

Not convinced it is a Sterling (E-11) mag either.
elr02k - those patches are discussed in the Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy book - the three columns are supposed to represent - Division / Brigade / Regiment - according to John Mollo the costume designer for ESB.

Last edited by a moderator:
I threw together a rough sketch of the side and front of this thing to get a better understanding of the shape of the armor plating. I noticed that the rectangular cutouts on the forehead are only on the lefthand side, which makes me wonder if this whole piece isn't custom made. I've never seen a skateboard/action sports helmet with those cutouts only on one side...

View attachment 670097

Nice sketch! Some cold weather helmets don't have front vent holes. You could start with one of those and cut your own custom ones in.

http://www.tactics.com/a/7oox/9/anon-endure-snowboard-helmet-black.jpg

helmet 1.jpg

I'm only seeing the helmet on one soldier. The dreariness of the poster makes you think twice about whether or not he'll make it

I'm liking the idea of this as well... but man, real helmets are friggin expensive here.

At the very least need to know EXACTLY what kind before dishing out any money.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back