Avengers: Infinity War (Post-release)

What did you think of Avengers: Infinity War?

• Total voters
I really I hate the idea of all of the remaining heroes sacrificing themselves to bring the ones we lost back...I just don't want to lose any of them!

Although, thinking about it, Cap's line "we don't trade lives, Vision" has to be some big-time foreshadowing

- - - Updated - - -

I just realized that Thor may be the only known surviving Asgaardian...!! :eek Would they dare make them extinct?

Of course there could be the random person here and there, but still. Wow.

Thor said to Rocket that Thanos only killed half of the remaining Asgardians. Although after the snap half of them probably died, so now there's only 1/4 of the remaining Asgardians left

I'm still blown away with how well executed this movie was.

Another thing that has struck me hard over the past couple days is that the humor in this movie was actually quite funny. There were a few parts that I actually laughed out loud and couldn't stop laughing. In contrast TLJ had me rolling my eyes the longer the humor would go on.

Thor said to Rocket that Thanos only killed half of the remaining Asgardians. Although after the snap half of them probably died, so now there's only 1/4 of the remaining Asgardians left

I must have missed that line. I have reached the age where frequent bathroom breaks are a must. :D But I remember seeing all the bodies on the floor and then Thanos blew up the ship. So, I thought only Thor survived.

Cmon guys, I think some of these gripes are pretty damn ridiculous. I know we are all nerds here, but JEEZ. Why do the infinity gems change size? Tonys Nanotech bothers you? None of the deaths seem permanent or arent impactful?! Gimme a BREAK. You do know these stories come from comic books right? Why would you want these to be grounded? That defeats the entire point! This movie was incredible, and I cannot WAIT until next summer. If you didnt feel an emotional beat when bucky says "steve" or when Peter was hanging on to Tony before he disappeared, then you have something wrong with you. Thors acting was awesome, Thanos was incredible, the fight scenes were amazing. This movie was so sleek, and well done, its SO hard to find a complaint. My only one is that Adam Warlock wasnt teased in the end. I would have bet my left arm he would have been, so I hope to GOD he is introduced in Captain Marvel.

Damn right. I'm honestly still in disbelief at how they even pulled this off. A project this big shouldn't even work!

Damn right. I'm honestly still in disbelief at how they even pulled this off. A project this big shouldn't even work!
Exactly! If you had told 10 year old me that in the future there will be an Infinity Gauntlet movie I would have laughed at you and thrown my dunkaroos at you. And now look. What a time to be a nerd. Its glorious.

Exactly! If you had told 10 year old me that in the future there will be an Infinity Gauntlet movie I would have laughed at you and thrown my dunkaroos at you. And now look. What a time to be a nerd. Its glorious.

Yeah, a movie with over 20 heroes in it should sound crazy to anyone! What I love the most is how popular the MCU has become to the general public, that nearly everyone is a fan to some extent. Some people just watch these movies because they're fun, others, like myself, live and breath this stuff. What a time to be a nerd indeed!

My only one is that Adam Warlock wasnt teased in the end. I would have bet my left arm he would have been, so I hope to GOD he is introduced in Captain Marvel.

He's been confirmed for Guardians 3 for the next Phase in the MCU after the Infinity storyline is done. So his role in the comic version of the story most likely passes on to Captain Marvel.

I just realized that Thanos never said "one doesn't consider fun when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face" in the movie.

I just realized that Thanos never said "one doesn't consider fun when balancing the universe, but this does put a smile on my face" in the movie.

Had thought about that, but feel it was taken out as it was intentional misdirection. Reason? It would likely have been out of character of the Thanos they put in the movie; he felt he was doing all he was "out of necessity" rather than just being purely evil.

This movie should not have worked!!!!!! WHAT MAGIC DID THEY USE TO MAKE THIS MOVIE WORK!

And I might get a lot of hate for this, but... thank God Joss Whedon was not at the helm of this film. I firmly believe he could not have put together such a cohesive, weighty, well-rounded film. And this humor was infinitely superior to Whedon-esque humor in every realm.

Last edited:
A few things... First, I'm pleased by my suppositions that turned out to be correct. But I am even more pleased by most of my suppositions that turned out to be off. I was right about Thanos being out in space before coming to Earth, but I was wrong about him hitting Wakanda first, then New York. And I completely missed that the bits where he's fighting Tony aren't on Earth at all. Very pleased that I wasn't able to figure out the whole thing from the trailers -- thanks in part to the Russos' deliberate misdirection. My only gripe is a minor niggle about the Soul and Mind stones. It bugs me that it isn't the Soul stone in the big back-of-hand bezel, tying the other five together. Yes, CPTRogers, I was wrong about that, but only because the film-makers were, too. :p I'm no stranger to the taste of crow, even when I don't think I should be wrong. *lol*

I am seriously hoping, due to the easter egg in Ragnarok, Stormbreaker in IW, and the understanding things will be shifting more to the cosmic in Phase 4, that we will see Beta Ray Bill at some point in the early 2020s.

I also feel it'll be something more complex than a one-for-one swap of the currently alive for the currently dead. I can't help but feel the various actors' contracts ending with Avengers 4 is as much a part of the obfuscation of the future of the MCU as everything else. Chris Evans has said he has no plans to do Cap forever, but has no problem with it for the near term, if asked. Chris Hemsworth has already accidentally let slip that he'll be playing Thor past A4. RDJ has said he loves being Tony, and will keep coming back as long as he's able and the stories are good.

Lastly, a passing observation: IW made more its opening weekend than JL did in its entire run. Universe-building and characterization, DC. Learn you some. :p Before DC fans and apologists jump on me for that, tell me things weren't too rushed over there... :p

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
Good job in missing the point.
Unlike some, I wasn’t upset by any character’s ‘death’ in this movie as they aren’t yet dead.

Resorting to sarcasm.....:rolleyes

You claim I missed your point, but you didn't actually make that point in your original post. You just said you did not attach any meaning to the deaths, but do not explain why. And it's basically dirty pool trying to blame others for your own failure to properly communicate your thoughts.

You should watch that RLM review of the movie I posted earlier. Those fine gentlemen, and especially Rich Evans will educate you on how to properly enjoy a fantasy movie where people have fantastical powers and technology and are fighting a giant purple man.

I'm still blown away with how well executed this movie was.

Another thing that has struck me hard over the past couple days is that the humor in this movie was actually quite funny. There were a few parts that I actually laughed out loud and couldn't stop laughing. In contrast TLJ had me rolling my eyes the longer the humor would go on.

Why does TLJ need to mentioned in the this and another post you made reference to compare? These are 2 very different franchises. Owned by the same parent company, but nevertheless they are both not Marvel and they are both not Star Wars.

I would agree Star Wars needs someone like Feige overseeing all aspects of the series of films being produced who really gets it.

Marvel has always had this "tone" where the humor is much more acceptable. Star Wars was never a comedy and the move to be more humorous gets on my nerves at times, but as long as when it's funny that it's an appropriate spot from what's going on i'm okay with it.

Resorting to sarcasm.....:rolleyes

You claim I missed your point, but you didn't actually make that point in your original post. You just said you did not attach any meaning to the deaths, but do not explain why. And it's basically dirty pool trying to blame others for your own failure to properly communicate your thoughts.

You should watch that RLM review of the movie I posted earlier. Those fine gentlemen, and especially Rich Evans will educate you on how to properly enjoy a fantasy movie where people have fantastical powers and technology and are fighting a giant purple man.

Context. If you read the quoted portion above my post it made sense. Their deaths do not resonate, everyone knows they aren’t dead. Sniffling over phantom deaths is not how I’m going to react.
Attempting to define the title Infinity Wars as justification for my comment that the fight scenes go on for too long is at best condescending on your part. Truth, the fight scenes in most comic book movies go on for far too long. The whole Wakanda battle may look cool (but it looked a lot like the Phantom Menace) but it served little purpose and my wife and I just kept waiting for the end to hurry and come.
Not everybody has to looooooove this movie. It’s entertaining enough but didn’t resonate with me. I seriously doubt I’ll watch it again.

So much greatness. Everyone seems to say it gets better with each viewing.

I was afraid GotG characterizations and humor wouldn't carry over but they were very much themselves. Evidently the Russos got assistance from James Gunn for that... of course!
Drax keeps getting better and better.
We got to see Cap and Panther in full sprint keeping pace with each other.
We saw the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak!

Did we just see two Sherlock Holmes' on the screen at the same time?

Context. If you read the quoted portion above my post it made sense. Their deaths do not resonate, everyone knows they aren’t dead. Sniffling over phantom deaths is not how I’m going to react.
Attempting to define the title Infinity Wars as justification for my comment that the fight scenes go on for too long is at best condescending on your part. Truth, the fight scenes in most comic book movies go on for far too long. The whole Wakanda battle may look cool (but it looked a lot like the Phantom Menace) but it served little purpose and my wife and I just kept waiting for the end to hurry and come.
Not everybody has to looooooove this movie. It’s entertaining enough but didn’t resonate with me. I seriously doubt I’ll watch it again.

No. You did not explain your personal interpretation. The communication fault is yours.

Also, trying to equate anyone's reaction to this movie as "sniffling" is truly condescending. Asking you what you expected from a movie called "Infinity War" is not. Your only trying to turn the tables on me for pointing out your undeserved sarcasm.

Your overuse of the letter O there is also just more belittling and condescension of people that choose to like this movie.

And since you do admit that you know superhero movies tend to have long fights. You don't really have a leg to stand on expecting short fights in a movie of this nature.

Last edited:
I’m sorry you have problems comprehending inferred information that is readily apparent to most. If you wish to continue this stupidity take it to pm so everyone else doesn’t have to suffer this drivel any further.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back