Tomenosuke get worldwide Blaster rights

You got a way better finish than when I did mine(damned German efficiency) :lol
I'm too scared at the moment to attempt the barrel upgrade.
Well done so far sir.

No reason not to start over. Just sand your redone finish off with increasingly finer grits, polish it to a shine with steel wool and go from there! You'll get there. We're all newbies at this until we're not. (p.s. I am scared of the barrel upgrade too, but I'm sure it'll be great once I work myself up to do it.)

Well said bruv, I know what you're saying it's the whole fun o' the game isn't it just like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop. :thumbsup

Hi Guys, almost done modding my Tomen, will post some pics later.

Now, questions...does someone here know where to get hold of a Replacement Steel Mag Cylinder, I can at the moment only find one seller, and he sells both the barrel and the mag as a combo, as I already have the barrel it’s not really what I am looking for, ideas?

Cheers Guys

Dam it, was just gonna start bluing and it hit me like a rock!...I forgot to saw the old barrel off :p
Said and done, and at this stage I did not care and just went for it. took me about 4 min to saw it off and another 10 min to file the metal piece that is stuck to to cold cast down to fit.
fullsizeoutput_4ac.jpeg

I think I will call it a day and get on with the rest in the morn :(

Cheers Guys

Hi Guys, almost done modding my Tomen, will post some pics later.

Now, questions...does someone here know where to get hold of a Replacement Steel Mag Cylinder, I can at the moment only find one seller, and he sells both the barrel and the mag as a combo, as I already have the barrel it’s not really what I am looking for, ideas?

Cheers Guys

I don't remember the name of the seller and can't check on Facebook because I deactivated my account there due to family drama, but there's a guy on Prop Summit who makes and sells them for about $50. Don't go with the $400 for the pair scam on eBay!

Dam it, was just gonna start bluing and it hit me like a rock!...I forgot to saw the old barrel off :p
Said and done, and at this stage I did not care and just went for it. took me about 4 min to saw it off and another 10 min to file the metal piece that is stuck to to cold cast down to fit.
View attachment 806930

I think I will call it a day and get on with the rest in the morn :(

Cheers Guys

How did you treat the triggers and the trigger guard?
Just sanding and steel wool or vinegar bath before that as well?
Did you have to take the trigger mechanism apart?

I don't remember the name of the seller and can't check on Facebook because I deactivated my account there due to family drama, but there's a guy on Prop Summit who makes and sells them for about $50. Don't go with the $400 for the pair scam on eBay!

This is correct. Track down Don Parker over at PropSummit. He does great work! About $50 per cylinder.

Don posted a few days ago on thepropsummint saying he no longer makes them.

Basically he said he didn’t want to get a whole new set of tools just to make a cylinder every now and again. Totally makes sense imo.

Hi Guys

Don posted a few days ago on thepropsummint saying he no longer makes them.

Basically he said he didn’t want to get a whole new set of tools just to make a cylinder every now and again. Totally makes sense imo.

Yea, read that over at the PS :(

There is one guy called Michelle/comparobe that does the Cylinder in Alloy Metal apparently, he supposedly worked with Sarednab and Siderio that made the Sidkit blaster, not sure as its not steel. I think I will keep my eyes peeled a bit longer, maybe something pops up.

How did you treat the triggers and the trigger guard?
Just sanding and steel wool or vinegar bath before that as well?
Did you have to take the trigger mechanism apart?

I sanded, steelwooled and blued the Finger Guard and the The Triggers mounted to the Frame, thought I would take it all apart but then I thought I try to do it like this and the result is not to bad in my opinion. I might redo them later on.

Finished with bluing yesterday and I think it came out ok...but it was a sort a strange ride :p

B9Wvv8IdRTuV%0VgI5RFKw.jpg
Starting with the Bluing I thought "this is sooo Fuk.ed" I remembered what nusilver said about "rainbow colors" and simply did another layer and another and so on.

Vu1S7%zVSxyVlQVnhxUSMg.jpg
Finally it sorta started to look ok...but completely different then I expected, super Matt and almost dirty and gritty (pic is showing the Receiver still wet from Bluing Liquid).

Anyhow, I went over the finished piece gently with some 0000 Steelwool, blending and polishing the bluing and then slowly things started to happen!
This was the key moment for me, it started to look like it should, WOW!

As I have the complete kit from Birchwood it had some Barricade Rust Protection Wipes (basically paper wipes drenched in Weapon Oil) used that to wipe down all the blued parts (should sort a fixate the Bluing), as I said, I think it didn't come out to bad, that said I still have another bottle of Perma Blue and Barricade Rust Protection on the way and I might go back and touch some parts up later.

2++aM9YqRLSq1TyYTUyZXg.jpg9Yxh3klcTxqNIKkZaSQiPg.jpgG1xmZ6opR+OC%b70sCF3XQ.jpg

cNdnfnl%SqyTnY4jwPTc%A.jpgCe6a1lzyTJu3U%lxSDZWMQ.jpgft3WhBJOS5S+gCTT6HxBwQ.jpg

yk65%eaBRiGa1q5pEueiRQ.jpgAvNDQN0gSayXDCC0LfaL7g.jpgHtEcXbjITLqzEJlMepuVYA.jpg

Qi%KYIfQTWuLxPuGeIngmg.jpgAOs8fp2TR7iz0Z5crKZr0A.jpg

Still have to Polish the Metal Parts with some Renaissance Wax and I will get some Brasso for the Grips (thats a Metal polish, right?)

Cheers Guys.

B9Wvv8IdRTuV%0VgI5RFKw.jpg

Vu1S7%zVSxyVlQVnhxUSMg.jpg

2++aM9YqRLSq1TyYTUyZXg.jpg

G1xmZ6opR+OC%b70sCF3XQ.jpg

9Yxh3klcTxqNIKkZaSQiPg.jpg

HtEcXbjITLqzEJlMepuVYA.jpg

AvNDQN0gSayXDCC0LfaL7g.jpg

cNdnfnl%SqyTnY4jwPTc%A.jpg

ft3WhBJOS5S+gCTT6HxBwQ.jpg

Ce6a1lzyTJu3U%lxSDZWMQ.jpg

yk65%eaBRiGa1q5pEueiRQ.jpg

AOs8fp2TR7iz0Z5crKZr0A.jpg

Qi%KYIfQTWuLxPuGeIngmg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Still have to Polish the Metal Parts with some Renaissance Wax and I will get some Brasso for the Grips (thats a Metal polish, right?)

Cheers Guys.

Great job so far! Shame to hear that Don Parker's retired that product. Hopefully he changes his mind in the future. And honestly, you don't really need the Brasso for the grips as they're already in great shape out of the box, *unless* you want to gunk them up by leaving it caked in the knurling. Just my opinion, of course :)

Last edited:
You B@$?&#D I hate you, that looks wicked. :D
I will now have to re-do mine again after I finish the snub nose I'm working on :thumbsup

Hi Guys

Yea, read that over at the PS :(

There is one guy called Michelle/comparobe that does the Cylinder in Alloy Metal apparently, he supposedly worked with Sarednab and Siderio that made the Sidkit blaster, not sure as its not steel. I think I will keep my eyes peeled a bit longer, maybe something pops up.

I sanded, steelwooled and blued the Finger Guard and the The Triggers mounted to the Frame, thought I would take it all apart but then I thought I try to do it like this and the result is not to bad in my opinion. I might redo them later on.

Finished with bluing yesterday and I think it came out ok...but it was a sort a strange ride :p

View attachment 807219
Starting with the Bluing I thought "this is sooo Fuk.ed" I remembered what nusilver said about "rainbow colors" and simply did another layer and another and so on.

View attachment 807220
Finally it sorta started to look ok...but completely different then I expected, super Matt and almost dirty and gritty (pic is showing the Receiver still wet from Bluing Liquid).

Anyhow, I went over the finished piece gently with some 0000 Steelwool, blending and polishing the bluing and then slowly things started to happen!
This was the key moment for me, it started to look like it should, WOW!

As I have the complete kit from Birchwood it had some Barricade Rust Protection Wipes (basically paper wipes drenched in Weapon Oil) used that to wipe down all the blued parts (should sort a fixate the Bluing), as I said, I think it didn't come out to bad, that said I still have another bottle of Perma Blue and Barricade Rust Protection on the way and I might go back and touch some parts up later.

View attachment 807221View attachment 807223View attachment 807222

View attachment 807227View attachment 807229View attachment 807228

View attachment 807230View attachment 807226View attachment 807224

View attachment 807232View attachment 807231

Cheers Guys.

Wow. This is gorgeous! I'm impressed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, has anyone succesfully imported one to Italy? My last payment is up at the end of the month and then it will ship. Italian laws are strict on toy guns (every one should have a bright red, non removable tip, for instance). Do you have any recommendations on how to handle the shipment? Maybe something HCG should do to lower the risks?

Thanks

Hello, has anyone succesfully imported one to Italy? My last payment is up at the end of the month and then it will ship. Italian laws are strict on toy guns (every one should have a bright red, non removable tip, for instance). Do you have any recommendations on how to handle the shipment? Maybe something HCG should do to lower the risks?

Thanks

FWIW I had no problems importing it to Germany.
HCG includes a letter (in English) describing it as harmless toy. HCG send it with UPS so they (UPS) will do the customs stuff for you.
Plus the (plastic) barrel is closed.
So it is fairly obvious that tis is not a real gun.

Good luck.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back