NEW (OLD) MILLENNIUM FALCON from SOLO the movie

More Ship of Riddles problems are created by having an escape/mission pod at the nose:

1) Access: The main hold area would need a door where we saw Luke practicing with his lightsaber in the first SW. There's support frames and a large black pipe running through there. No room to crawl around. Perhaps the passenger(s) are in the pod during takeoff. I hope they "go" before takeoff, not much room for a toilet.
2) Let's say they cheat and there's a tunnel anyways (probable retcon): The 5 foot model has some type of port tucked in the jaw area:
Nxc2M5Vl.jpg

Based on this shot of Han the access tunnel can be no higher than 3.5 feet. Keep that in mind if we see a character walk upright to get into this thing.
2AqQ7jI.png

3) Why put it there? If you need escape pods there are two debated escape pod/docking hatches. Here's their chance to define at least one as an escape pod. They need to pop those off anyway since they're too small to hide the classic pods.

^ Yep. And the "full size" OT exterior set is about 40% of actual derived size per model scaling, so I side-eye every time I see actors compared against it as argument data points. I agree, though, the saucer rim is way below average full-headroom height. Ditto the "floor-to-ceiling" height in the jawbox. However, gonna wait to see if the craft being entered in the trailer is, in fact, that mini-ship before I start sharpening my pitchfork.

--Jonah

These pics are no different than a movie poster showing a new Xwing. It’s official information....not a plot spoiler.
Some photos of the upcoming toys indicate plot points in the movie, not just the general look of the ships or characters.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

More Ship of Riddles problems are created by having an escape/mission pod at the nose:

1) Access: The main hold area would need a door where we saw Luke practicing with his lightsaber in the first SW. There's support frames and a large black pipe running through there. No room to crawl around. Perhaps the passenger(s) are in the pod during takeoff. I hope they "go" before takeoff, not much room for a toilet.
2) Let's say they cheat and there's a tunnel anyways (probable retcon): The 5 foot model has some type of port tucked in the jaw area:
https://i.imgur.com/Nxc2M5Vl.jpg
Based on this shot of Han the access tunnel can be no higher than 3.5 feet. Keep that in mind if we see a character walk upright to get into this thing.
https://i.imgur.com/2AqQ7jI.png
3) Why put it there? If you need escape pods there are two debated escape pod/docking hatches. Here's their chance to define at least one as an escape pod. They need to pop those off anyway since they're too small to hide the classic pods.
Torpedos came out of there in return of the Jedi

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

A, i don't mind about a hasbro-toy (or the old ertl-toys). They have always been a "toy-interpretation" of the ships in the movies an had a lot of "features" never seen or used in the movies, not a reference for "the real thing". For me these things where always toys and look inaccurate (in never liked them because of this), because little children don't care about a "real scale look".
Nobody would argue about the cockpit-front swiveling open in the movie to get to the pilot-seat, because every one knows, that's just for the toy-figures, or a freight-room right inside the engine-area...
So it's still possible, that there will be no separate ship or escape-pod in this front-area at all... just wait for the movie or pictures from it, then we see...

Torpedos came out of there in return of the Jedi

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
C'mon astroboy, everyone knows it's a cargo access bay, uh... I mean torpedo bay, uh... er... escape pod hatch, or...uhm... whatever the hell we want it to be.

As far as I'm concerned it's now 'The Room of Requirement" located on Hogwarts seventh floor.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I think the internals of the Falcon were heavily modified since the "Lando's era", maybe at that time there was no tubes blocking the way from main hold to the escape pod, maybe later Han dismissed that pod and made modifications that made those tubes necessary.
P.S.: the missile/torpedoes are inside the upper jaw, not in the space between.

Everyone seems to forget the Falcon had an escape pod in the TLJ that ejected somewhere out of the back. Still trying to figure out where that was located. o_O

Even if I hate this movie. If Bandai makes a model of the Solo falcon I would buy it. I woukd just paint it up how I wanted and I would have a cool new freighter of my own imagining in my collection.

I remember there was a discussion about the jaws of the full scale set for TLJ which have been noticed to be too high. As far as I remember, it was agreed that this was a preparation for Solo to reuse the set. So it means that they don't open/close to attach to the cargo module, which aould have been a great solution.

But I do like the new design very much!

holy crap, this actually explains everything about that weird design. This is the same nose shape as on TFA also...how did they know that far in advance?

image4144.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back