Cheap PKD (Water Gun)

Haven't decided what to do with mine yet. Enjoying all your builds for inspiration, but here's a size comparison with my Coyle v4 blaster.

IMG_20170927_220030.jpg

Yep, it's always better to start from scratch than transforming already built props...but this thread shows the community at work and it's great fun to see the results:cool

what is the reason for the blue grips. are they in the new 2049 movie, original movie or reference to something in BR?
can't find any blaster with blue gripes, unless I'm not searching right

My new grips came out great. Very happy with these. The mold really makes a difference!
I'll probably do another set and try and get them darker, richer in color.

Attachments

• 1003171655.jpg
    1003171655.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 249
A big "thank you" to wayouteast, thanks to your detailed worklog I finished my BR Blaster. I don't think I can say anything new that hasn't been said before, so here are some pics:

IMG_20170924_135112.jpg

So it was already "cracked" at some place when it arrived, stress marks on plastic but it kinda made it easier to cut it in half with a scalpel

IMG_20170925_202811.jpg

Electrical schematic to wire all the LED was already made by wayouteast but it required an additional switch (and a recommended separate power supply) for the green LED and I was to lazy to install it so I just made the red LED functional. I initially wanted to install a magnet inside the handle to hold the 9V battery but instead stuffed some sponge. A friend of mine painted it and he missed to paint the small "clap" that covers the barrel in metallic. No weights - I didn't want it to break even harder due to more weight added in case it falls.

IMG_20171005_085448.jpg

And of course I just had to make all the rest of the props... not that there are many. Paper unicorn thanks to this video tutorial. Fish scale is just a thin translucent peace of paper. I found the original Zhora picture and Photoshopped it into a Polaroid frame then printed it on some heavy slick paper.

IMG_20171001_235809.jpg

ID cards were found online using Google images and I have a plastic ID maker machine for laminating.

22251187_10210025098565957_678666568_o.jpg

We had a photoshoot yesterday night... and tonight is the prepremiere night! Free tickets with compliments from the theater for making promo event pics. And yeah - that's me in the photo :)

Overpaid for one of these (not too badly though). Not sure why really. The box is neat.

FC.png

I think I have a problem

FC2.png

What isn't in the pic is the other Fullcock, 2 resin kits (one with clear grips/blue LED's for a ghost), one RR snub kit, the fully painted resin kit on my wall, and the assembled 2049 tomen on the way from HCG.

Has anyone thought about adding some faux head casings to the cylinder? They can still be seen when the clyinder is closed, would give that extra authenticity.
Capture.PNG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back