Ikea detolf display case- weight limit?

2% of all glass will fail, doesn't matter who makes it. If you twist it, you're increasing the chance of spontaneous breakage. I've had the door of a Detolf fall 3 feet to the floor while bouncing off the wall and hitting the side of another Detolf cabinet hard. The damage suffered: a gouge in the wall, a gouge in the floor and a scuff in the second cabinet's glass.

All Ikea cabinets use quality glass - don't let the prices fool you.

Throw a tiny piece of ceramic from a broken spark plug at any car window sometime if you want to see cool glass breakage. :)

The spark plug always amazed me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow this has been an informative thread! Wanted a detolf but that gap there always said "dust" to me... Ikea here I come!

Love the upright stands but he only sells to US, what a bummer!

I do advise putting another cabinet under Detolfs (bolted together, whole thing secured to the wall behind). That is, unless you want to film the bottom shelf with a shoe-cam. :)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/8/7365/12209529106_58d6ef87be_c.jpg
Ok you pot stirrer, you now have my full attention. :lol

I'm a vintage star wars collector myself. Can you share a close up of those toys. And what do have have going on with the bottom shelf. Is that a batman collection I see?

I need to case my collection in the worst way.

I can get u exact measurements once I get home. My hasbro trooper helmet fits perfectly in it.

The inner dimensions of a Detolf are about 13 inches depth x 15 inches width x 15 inches height per shelf.

I have an Anovos OT Stormtrooper, FO Stormtrooper, FO TIE, Phasma, and Ren helmets displayed in them. The depth is a little tight for some of the helmets, but they do fit.

Detolf.jpg

Here is a picture of the hasbro helmet, plenty of room.

I don't know how high the Vader helmet sits...

Plus it's only 12-3/4" deep so I don't know if his helmet will clear
49f77811722e0181cdf769ed68148c2d.jpg

My ESB Darth Ugly fit, but the door wouldn't close all the way with the door in front, I had to shift the entire cabinet 90* for that. Wasn't too big of a deal to me, but it did alter my display options for the rest of my stuff.

My ESB Darth Ugly fit, but the door wouldn't close all the way with the door in front, I had to shift the entire cabinet 90* for that. Wasn't too big of a deal to me, but it did alter my display options for the rest of my stuff.
Does the Vader need to be almost completely sideways to fit? Would closer to a 45 degree angle work?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Dang I didn't realize Vader was that much larger

It's probably because the flare of the dome and the protruding snout with the tusks make the Vader helmet longer than other helmets.

Too bad we can't get Ikea to make the Detolf a little bigger for SW collectors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back