1:1 Millennium Falcon Cockpit Replica - Group Build

Great googly-eyed moogly! Looking good!

Hey T! Thank ya!

- - - Updated - - -

Yay, Nav Chairs! Do you have your Tupperware ready?

Console is looking great. Can't wait to see it finished and lit. Those gauges look cool. I think the red will look better though. Little more pop (as if you needed anymore "pop").

Hey K,

My Tupperware is at the ready and the 3rd lid is on the way! The console is coming along and I did change out the gauges. I think I like the red more. Gives it a nice contrast

- - - Updated - - -

BEYOND AMAZING!!!!!!! Incredible stuff SK! And wow, what an awesome photo log of the progress!! Just in awe of what you are doing here!! Great job!!!

Hey t2s,

Thanks for the all CAPS and EX points! ;) I appreciate the kind words and support!

- - - Updated - - -

you should hide a pressure plate switch just above the door that is connected to all the electronics (or at least a good portion of them) so that they can be cut off and then turn back on my banging that spot just above the door with your fist :lol

Hey N,

WAY ahead of you. We've been planning that very thing for a long while! :)

Looking great! How are you planning to do the cushions?

Thanks Lt W,

The cushions/padding will be done using insulation foam. Not sure whether we'll cover with fiberglass. That's one of those revolving "how to" discussions.

- - - Updated - - -

I honestly can't wait for when you make a thread on building the rest of the Falcon to go with this.:lol

Hey PPP,

Me too! How awesome would it be to start work on the foundation and the ships framing go up! :)

Yeah, red, definitely red.That console is looking beautiful. I never noticed it before but in your last shot, if you were to put a handle with a knob on top into the lower side greeblie you would have an intergalactic slot machine!

Those chair are looking so good. With the headrest on, that side mechanism really looks like it would operate. Very convincing.

Did you burp your Tupperware lid when you were done? Gotta keep things fresh you know.

Yeah, red, definitely red.That console is looking beautiful. I never noticed it before but in your last shot, if you were to put a handle with a knob on top into the lower side greeblie you would have an intergalactic slot machine!

Those chair are looking so good. With the headrest on, that side mechanism really looks like it would operate. Very convincing.

Did you burp your Tupperware lid when you were done? Gotta keep things fresh you know.

Ha ha :lolburp your Tupperware !! I’ve just pi$$ed myself laughing !!!!! My wife tells me to do this with our food containers every time I package food up, I can now say YES just like the nav chairs !!! She won’t know what the hell im talking about.

Looking great! How are you planning to do the cushions?

Hey Lt W,

CORRECTION: I think you were referring to the Nav Chair cushions? I've already picked up some vinyl material and foam. It's just a matter of sitting down and getting everything done. I've done a couple of bar stools and have taken a few other re-upholstery adventures so I'll be sure to take detailed pics of the process.

Sorry for the confusion! :)

Last edited:
Ya gotta do the main hallway. At the least! And if you need someone to clean paint brushes, I'll make the drive.:p

Hey PPP,

I agree! Unfortunately we just dont have the space. The unit next to us became available but we were unable to secure the space. We couldn't find enough people to commit. Once the space is available, I'll DEF build part of the corridor. I thought it would be amazing to look through the canopy, through the main cockpit door and see the familiar corridor padding and lights!

We'll get there! :)

Hey K,

LOL! I never noticed how much it actually looks like a slot machine - too funny! You know me... I'll do it! I'll make a greeblie handle. LOL

Agreed! I really like how the red looks against the entire console. It really pops. I have one more idea for the trim around the gauges and really want to see how it looks - stand by for that! ;)

The nav chairs have been a source of great joy and great PAIN at the same time. The next round of chairs I do I know now what steps to take and those not to take. I love how the headrest turned out. It finally ties all the little mechanical pieces (which will all be metal next time) together.

LOL! I did burp the headrest before finally mounting into place. I actually put it over my shoulder and patted the backside. ;)

@SofaKing01, the nav chair with the wheels on ! Is it just me, but it’s looks to recognisable as a modern computer chair base, or was this what they used ?

Hey B,

The Nav Chair on wheels is nothing more than my having some fun. I've always wanted an office Nav Chair. I found the old vintage chair base on ebay for only 30 bucks. I thought it looked old / retro enough but it has no relation to any SW movie. It's just me having some fun and enjoying. I believe the original chairs (not The Force Awakens version) used a truck wheel hub as the base of the chair. That was then bolted to the floor

Speaking of which... I'm changing/altering the basic box frame I created for the nav chairs so they will swivel. I think the box works really well but I never liked how they were unable to spin. I'm still working that minor detail out.

Hope all that made sense? :)

Has it ever been confirmed that it is some kind of material over foam, whether the chair seats or wall pads? I still think they made molds and cast closed cell foam rubber. Think armpit pads for crutches or Nerf footballs or something. Like that.

Has it ever been confirmed that it is some kind of material over foam, whether the chair seats or wall pads? I still think they made molds and cast closed cell foam rubber. Think armpit pads for crutches or Nerf footballs or something. Like that.

Hey Lt W,

I've been chatting with someone who worked on the sets of EPVII and according to him all the pads, to include the OT sets, were in fact fiberglass - nav chair and corridor padding. The one corner pad the H Ford hits during ESB appears to be an actual foam pad so it's anybody's guess?

Yep, rigid fiberglass...nothing foamy with those;) Great update Sofa, those Nav chairs are really taking shape!:cool

Thank you, Sir! I'm so excited about the Nav Chairs! I'm going to mod the bases this weekend to add a swivel. They DEF need to some life.

oh yeah... nothing flexible. It makes sense for the corridor padding to be fiberglass. They only needed to make a few molds and then pump out a bunch of forms. But again, this is just what I've heard.

Well, foam can be pumped out of a few molds as well. Does the one Han pushes look identical? If so, I would think that suggests they are all "soft". Soft being relative here, I'm not suggesting they were spongey, more like a denser rubber.

Well, foam can be pumped out of a few molds as well. Does the one Han pushes look identical? If so, I would think that suggests they are all "soft". Soft being relative here, I'm not suggesting they were spongey, more like a denser rubber.

That's my thought as well. The door padding might have been a dense closed cell foam (I think I got that right). The interesting thing is that many of the pads in ESB have this crackle finish to them - you can really see when Luke is laying down in med/bed. I dont know if these were fiberglass with a sort of crackle finish or the actual finish naturally cracked. Either way, the finish is really cool looking.

Plus its just a cool set to look at with the all the greeblies ;)

https://starwarsscreencaps.com/star-wars-episode-v-the-empire-strikes-back-1980/77/

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back