Zvezda 1/2700 Imperial Star Destroyer – WIP

Crap! I just checked my replacement engine bells I bought when Gus first put them up for sale and they are really warped. Dang it.

Chris

Looks good gt! And for the top of the bridge for the globe bases, not much more to describe & show as to what I already posted up. The resultant surface is flush with the kit piece. Wondering what to use as an adhesive to attach the 3D piece to the styrene plastic with.

hey, just thought I'd chime in on your lighting apprehensions...as long as you're using the prewired pigtails that have the built in resistor for 9V, you're all good. it wasn't long ago I was just starting with lighting and I was doing it the hard way...figuring out resistors, how many lights, power source...my old supplier had told me you can use about 10 or 12 LED pigtails with one 9V battery...I just did a 31" Disney Nautilus and have 30 of them in there off one 9V. it works just fine. May have to swap in new battery more often, but when you think about it, you only switch it on every now and then and not for very long anyway. Just wire them together, use solder though, stuff comes untwisted and butt connectors are too big and unreliable. use a short, black plastic tube, maybe an inch long, that has the i.d. the same as the LED o.d., glue it on, then stuff the tube full of fiber optics. there are even flashing and flickering pigtails out there in multiple colors available. if you get LED's that are domed or round on the tip, you can gently file them flat and re-polish the flat end with fine sandpaper or emery cloth. that way you don't get past the tip of the LED where the light feed is. Another thing you can do if you want color and all you have it white, take red emery cloth and sand the LED all around roughing it up, wipe it good, then apply color with Sharpies, and the color will soak into the sanded surface and stay. If the color isn't dark enough to suit you, let it dry for a few minutes, then hit it again till its where you want it, but test it with a battery each time so you know where you're at with it. The switch part is easy too, but you probably know that part already. Dive into it, lighting is the bomb dude. heck I think everything I build from now on will be lit. :thumbsup

I want to say thanks for the detailed info. I am continuing to watch your build and when you get to the lighting I may have a few questions. I'm in Bandai Model heaven right now with a lot of builds happening.. When the frost is on the pumpkin it's build season for me.. Hope to break this out some day for myself.
Thanks again and keep up the progress looking great.

got the things to stand up straight. the center piece at the top, once it was in place it pushed the sides down and that brought the shield generators straight...who knew? and, I just used the super gel to hold them on, all good

If you take a real close look at the Imperator Class command module, the domes are not exactly parallel. They are slightly splayed out from one another:

ZIv7xrV.jpg

They are more vertical on other ships though.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back