Scenes that STILL give you goosebumps

Couple anime scenes:

My Hero Academia, during the Tournament Arc when Izuku/Deku and Todoroki are fighting. Todoroki finally gets over his refusal to use his fire-based powers (having favored ice the entire time before) and just... lights up. He sends a giant swath of ice right at Izuku, who uses his power to jump over it and straight at Todoroki. The moment after this, when Todoroki charges his fire and there's a burst of white light right in front of him, with the clash between hot and cold causing this giant blasting stream where he's standing... It is <i>gorgeously</i> animated, the music is on point, and both the dub and sub have phenomenal voice acting, from Todoroki's honest "Thank you" to Izuku's hot-blooded call for him to come at him with everything he's got. I'd been watching the series out of curiosity for why it was so popular, but that scene sealed it for me.

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works, when Archer and Shirou have been duking it out after a full series of hating on one another. Archer has summoned his Reality Marble and they'd been fighting in it, with Archer constantly ragging on Shirou for his misguided ideals that will someday drag him into literal hell. Shirou's been doing what he can to keep up but he can only do so much. After a quick heal from Saber's Avalon and with renewed resolve, Shirou screams out that his dream isn't a mistake. Cue the music track "EMIYA" with its piano intro repeating with each desperate footstep that Shirou takes as he runs towards Archer. Every time, every footfall, gives me chills down my spine.

Wow, so many for me, Star Wars opening crawl, when I hear the Indiana Jones theme, that Jurassic Park scene when they see the Brontosaurus for the first time, the ending of Gladiator, the final battle scene in Glory, far too many to list. But these three by far stand out for me................

The music at 1:12 and when he says, "Hey Dad, wanna have a catch", gets me every time. I grew up playing baseball.........wish I could have one more catch with my dad.

This one resonates..............

Just watch this one from 1:06 on, one of the greatest movies ever, when the music kicks in around 1:40, so moving................

Last edited by a moderator:
@Mad Professor: awesome clip and great lesson for those punks.Sorry to see they didn't get it until the other guy brought a shotgun.
A lot of youngsters these days could use a week in Sgt. Slaughter's (G.I.Joe) Bootcamp

I'm sure many feel it during this one. The moment he pushes the button and the Wiilliam's score kicks in to a theme of determination.

Last edited by a moderator:
If we are including TV shows, then

Game of Thrones

The Hardhome episode, when Jon is in the boat rowing away from and watching the Night's king walk up, then raise his hand and the dead stand up

When the Dothraki are charging Jamie's army

Blade Runner - The first spinner sequence flying over LA with Vangelis playing.

The Wild Geese - The fighting retreat of the remaining soldiers to the evacuation plane.

Berserk - The rape of Caska, Guts hacks off his own arm with a broken sword in a futile effort to save her.

So many to choose from, can't even think of much right now. Thats sad.
But a good one I like is in Empire, when they finally go into light speed. Really any light speed sequence.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back