thinking of getting an iron man suit from full body armors.com need advice

BEAUTIFUL!!!! suit looks very good on you great proportions, I rarely see a good fitting suit, usually people are too small or short, may I ask how tall you are?

Thank u I'm 1,85m tall but i have 5cm of shoe increases then my finall tall with the suit is 1,90m.

This weekend i've a big con i'll post suit photos if u want :)

Happy to report that my suit should be on it's way now. I will post the unboxing as well as my plan mods when it arrives, colleagues -

Hey Colleagues - Mark 43 Shipping Update - Suit just hit Ohio and is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. James has been great in communication plus received a mammoth set of instructions and web clips on how the suit is assembled (sorry, JARVIS auto suit removal not included) - Very impressed with the instructions and videos he sent. More to come! ....

Hey everyone - suit arrived late last night in a double walled plywood crate (great packaging). The top was screwed down so it was like 'A Christmas Story" when opening lol! I am very impressed with the workmanship and quality. Everything was assembled as promised and the quality is good. Here are a few pics until I get more into assembly -

More to come -

Ben IMG_0131.JPGIMG_0133.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0132.JPG
    IMG_0132.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0134.JPG
    IMG_0134.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0135.JPG
    IMG_0135.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 218
  • IMG_0136.JPG
    IMG_0136.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 197
Not to sound like a complete idiot but the Micro Controller Board in the back piece had come disconnected (1 row of cables) what came unplugged is the wires that run to the helmet and the 4 servo motors for the flaps. Can anyone share what pins that these were plugged into? I attached a pic - thank you for taking the time

-BenIMG_0137.JPG

Congrats, Ben! I'm really excited for you! Thank you so much for the consistent updates and follow through. Can't wait to see the suit assembled. Wear it well, friend.

Yeah, good point GumjanDHL - this is a custom order. I don't prefer the looks of the 43 helmet so I modified the color scheme and reverted to the VI helmet style. LMTXVII, thank you for the compliment, look forward to tweaking this bad boy. Also, want to give props to SuperDave - he responded to my HELP cry and is sharing his trials and tribulations on wiring, motors and shortcuts. Truly great guy to make that kind of effort.

On a side note, the suit has some weak spots as far as the fiberglass material. I have see a few slight cracks and splits that I am reinforcing to prevent a blowout. Nothing show stopping but those that have a suit coming in, reach out and ill share what Ive discovered.

Last edited by a moderator:
So.. my suit reached a week ago. Super excited... even with instructions found some issues (And fixes), Hope James takes this feedback

1. Ab pieces are all separate and require you to screw in 8 of them one by one to the back... 1 of the ab pieces broke at the ends where the screws are... (Hopefully James can connect all the 4 pieces on each side together as 1 flexible piece and either Velcro them or use strong rare earth magnets to the back. James is sending me a new piece.

2. The back calves hurt like a MF... you'll need to wear underneath your spandex **** thick long ankle socks with some padding cause they rub against your ankles and calves

3. Helmet definitely needed more padding, so I added my own from an old bike helmet (more comfy now) speaking of which, the cheeks are kind of hard to align and stick as the Velcro wasn't enough, So I added more "base" Velcro for a bigger surface area (again hoping rare earth magnets could be used in future) I also used aluminium foil to block out the blinding lights for the eye visors without affecting the glow of the eyes outside.

4. Glove buttons... ah... everyone's dream and nightmare. You are super happy to press them to reveal your face from the helmet and show your back flaps... however, it's hard to feel which is the helmet/wing flaps vs the hand blasters... (there are 2 on each side)

5. Servos for the backflaps on one side failed.. James is sending me new ones. Tried putting in borrowed servos but somehow these just won't sync with the working ones... and it's a pain cause sometimes they won't move due to the screws (installed properly but they won't move even though u can see the gears inside moving)

I've also added fans to the insides of the suit, At the chest and back area (life saver).

Besides all this, the suit.... is currently the best looking one where I'm living.

So if you're looking for a suit that is movie authentic looking, James is the most "affordable" around. And even when youve stopped wearing it, it'll be the coolest centre piece in your man cave :)

Update: Taking out the servos and connecting parts was a pain. More respect for those who make their own suits and James for putting it all together.

Last edited:
Another servo malfunction this time with helmet.... sigh.. was doing a show and it happened... any assistance on this?

Tested with multiple new servos at home however problem seems to be either with the hand button that triggers it... or connection.. but checked all connections.. sigh..

did you trouble shoot the hand button? seems like a simple thing to test and rule out.

Basically I'm a noob when it comes to all this but I'm glad I'm learning lots... and also frustrated cause the thing I wanted to most (a working IronMan helmet) isn't working :(

Must thank Super dave and John

Update: Problem was a frayed wire in the left hand. The wire connected to the push button and connector came loose and could see it was exposed, connected it back and sealed it in and around with epoxy. So far so good

Last edited:
Glad to hear you got that working again. These suits like superdave said are a lot of work for how much they cost but I still think they are worth it. The first look of awe on that kids face or adult makes it worth it.

Any pics of you wearing the suit?

So.. my suit reached a week ago. Super excited... even with instructions found some issues (And fixes), Hope James takes this feedback

1. Ab pieces are all separate and require you to screw in 8 of them one by one to the back... 1 of the ab pieces broke at the ends where the screws are... (Hopefully James can connect all the 4 pieces on each side together as 1 flexible piece and either Velcro them or use strong rare earth magnets to the back. James is sending me a new piece.

2. The back calves hurt like a MF... you'll need to wear underneath your spandex **** thick long ankle socks with some padding cause they rub against your ankles and calves

3. Helmet definitely needed more padding, so I added my own from an old bike helmet (more comfy now) speaking of which, the cheeks are kind of hard to align and stick as the Velcro wasn't enough, So I added more "base" Velcro for a bigger surface area (again hoping rare earth magnets could be used in future) I also used aluminium foil to block out the blinding lights for the eye visors without affecting the glow of the eyes outside.

4. Glove buttons... ah... everyone's dream and nightmare. You are super happy to press them to reveal your face from the helmet and show your back flaps... however, it's hard to feel which is the helmet/wing flaps vs the hand blasters... (there are 2 on each side)

5. Servos for the backflaps on one side failed.. James is sending me new ones. Tried putting in borrowed servos but somehow these just won't sync with the working ones... and it's a pain cause sometimes they won't move due to the screws (installed properly but they won't move even though u can see the gears inside moving)

I've also added fans to the insides of the suit, At the chest and back area (life saver).

Besides all this, the suit.... is currently the best looking one where I'm living.

So if you're looking for a suit that is movie authentic looking, James is the most "affordable" around. And even when youve stopped wearing it, it'll be the coolest centre piece in your man cave :)

Update: Taking out the servos and connecting parts was a pain. More respect for those who make their own suits and James for putting it all together.

I'm wondering if the buyfullbodyarmors.com suit would work for a larger frame?
I will ask them, but I wanted impartial input.

5'10" 190 chest 44, waist 36"

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back