DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

Here's another photo from the Japanese exhibit. I've attached both the original photo as well as a version that I lightened up.
DSC00351-1024x681 copy.jpgDSC00351-1024x681.jpg

The NOT Thorens disc piece of metal is almost exactly the same thickness as the bracket. I can't put calipers on the real metal in person of course, but what I have in reference (very clear HUGE images, up close) shows them to be nearly identical. 1/8th" stock.

And there's this thicker Thorens disk, which might have been used: (photos enlarged using Perfect Resize)
TD 124 bearing 002a.png

And this thick disk that might have been placed between the pistol and bracket:
TD 124 bearing 003a.png

Perhaps there was zinc plating on the thick disk
(which explains the brass color seen in the framegrabs of Solo firing on the probe droid) that then began to degrade, which leads to the rust color seen in this recent photo:
blaster DL-44 ESB MGC 21eeee ???????????.png

Info from this website:
http://www.soundfountain.com/amb/td124page.html#dd

if the other side is FLAT then it's certainly possible...

The thing people see as a Brass spacer... doesn't look brass to me at all (In fact I can see it very close up and it's NOT brass...but is steel) in my reference... looks stained just like the front disc from glue and rust.

I figured this might be the case but without any real pictures its hard to draw the conclusion. What post are you referencing if you don't mind me asking?

These threads can get very long and it's easy to miss one or two along the way so sorry in advance if I did..
5d2192bcb505559641132a5dfdcb3ca8.png
65fe9220297f913c6a5159f0d3417fb2.png
a8f475e1b523b224ff9f0afc452a141d.png
d5cdfae5aad28748340481c019b15153.png

Going by what you mentioned I did a quick repaint with metallic silver and some rustic paint to see what it would look like..
e30b3c25eb4617e1b400ea61634a986c.jpg
c8f689efa8716479888c9eeffd8c8482.jpg
1c97edaf5c77a3b26f913797e34d1dc9.jpg

I'm not referencing any post, I'm referencing some private images I have been given access to that were taken at LFL Archives. They're not mine to share, so I can't but I can see most details very clearly.

I'm not referencing any post, I'm referencing some private images I have been given access to that were taken at LFL Archives. They're not mine to share, so I can't but I can see most details very clearly.

Oh wow that pretty awesome for you [emoji106]

Always curious as to what LFL actually has on hand and what they don't. Most of these OT blasters (SW & EMPIRE anyhow) were lost to private collectors from my understanding so there isn't much left to draw from.

Thanks for adding this info with regards to the spacer [emoji482]

I am getting started on a Live Fire Luke Hero Bespin build. Does anyone have a better picture or reference for where exactly to place the flash hider on the barrel?
So far this is the best one I could find.

https://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=420925&d=1420173619

I have been over this thread and did not see anything specific on this topic and have not found and really good side views.

Thanks

Basically, mausers have a set barrel length. if you lop off the vertical sight at the tip, you can slide a FH onto the barrel. The barrel tip pokes out about 1/4 inch from the inside surface of the FH cone. Most folks don't need to measure the rear barrel length, instead just sliding it back a little bit from the tip.
DSCN4000.jpg

I just purchased both possible greebles that could be on the side of the Luke ESB blaster for $6.80. Any idea how much they're worth(They are original)? BTW, I'm not thinking of selling them. I'll probably hold onto them until I see a cheap M19 scope pop up somewhere, and then I'll get the mauser, flash hider, and bracket and complete the build.

I'm not really sure of worth. They definitely feel special to me - I saved mine to use on my "live fire Bespin" denix build with a real M19.

That being said, the resin ones are pretty easy to come by and I've heard easy to make (1 part mold) so a lot of people don't spend countless hours searching for a V8 kit.

I accidentally did and have like 1 - 2.1/2 kits :lol

Are there any M19 scopes currently on sale and in decent condition? I have only seen one on eBay, but it didn't come with the mounting screws and the finish was stripped off of it, and it hasn't been re-listed after it timed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Are there any M19 scopes currently on sale and in decent condition? I have only seen one on eBay, but it didn't come with the mounting screws and the finish was stripped off of it, and it hasn't been re-listed after it timed out.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, it is. It doesn't look like it is the size of that small inner area (where the yellow and grey glue marks are) on the disk in that photo. Didn't someone have a theory about it being a knob from stereo equipment.

weird that the disc has paint on it though :behave

It probably snapped over the top of the disk and was slightly larger diameter so the disk wouldn't be seen at all. No way to prove this of course.

weird that the disc has paint on it though :behave

Just because there is black paint on the disk does not mean that the it was added for the sake of the blaster build. It could have been on the found item. Also, there is no evidence to support either way if the mystery cover was originally a complimentary piece to the disk or if it was just another found item that was stuck over the top.

I have also wondered if the gold coloring on the disc is paint or glue remnants.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back