Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

from what I can tell, the nipple's radius gets bigger right before it enters the emitter - Dan put this detail on his sabers.

So, yea, its pretty long. The shared stunt has a hole so big because the nipple is missing. you can see the "rod" hole deep within

sharedstuntemitter.jpg

crazy right?

from what I can tell, the nipple's radius gets bigger right before it enters the emitter - Dan put this detail on his sabers.

So, yea, its pretty long. The shared stunt has a hole so big because the nipple is missing. you can see the "rod" hole deep within

View attachment 698064

crazy right?

totally get ya now, the nipple is separate from the emitter. the emitter is held onto the spinning rod by the set screw under the emitters edge, and the nipple is held onto the spinning rod by the 2 set screws on the nipple

totally get ya now, the nipple is separate from the emitter. the emitter is held onto the spinning rod by the set screw under the emitters edge, and the nipple is held onto the spinning rod by the 2 set screws on the nipple

almost-
I think the nipple is held into the emitter with a set screw - it doesn't have to go all the way through to the rod!

The shared stunt has the set screw low on the emitter, the thick section, thats how its held onto the rod.

On the V2, its that little set screw we're talking about

Last edited:

The way these things were built make no sense to me. In another thread, I read from other members that the nipple was actually one long piece, separate from the emitter, and the dueling rod had a sleeve that fit over the nipple piece. Set screw goes in through the emitter into the nipple piece, pressure securing to the emitter to the rod inside; dueling sleeve goes over the nipple and set screws held that onto the nipple and emitter rod (?), the whole thing spins but quickly scrapped because it never worked well. Well, no kidding! From how they made it, it was meant to break!:wacko

The way these things were built make no sense to me. In another thread, I read from other members that the nipple was actually one long piece, separate from the emitter, and the dueling rod had a sleeve that fit over the nipple piece. Set screw goes in through the emitter into the nipple piece, pressure securing to the emitter to the rod inside; dueling sleeve goes over the nipple and set screws held that onto the nipple and emitter rod (?), the whole thing spins but quickly scrapped because it never worked well. Well, no kidding! From how they made it, it was meant to break!:wacko

I've read the same thing and was always under this impression. this makes the most "mechanical" sense to me. though i find it funny the V3 has a mystery hole in the emitter, where we are now thinking this "japan hole" is now.. so weird

curious if brian has found out more about the prop and speak more about it on the show... who is going to screen capture everything!? ill be sitting here waiting for the first updates, im flat out broke as a joke and cant watch the show on the 17th.. heck i may even be back to work by then and wouldnt be able to watch it if i even could afford it

Ever since Chaïm posted that mystery hole, I felt it was a set screw that held the emitter together. Kinda like the obiwan emitter instead of the glue we use for romans

Ever since Chaïm posted that mystery hole, I felt it was a set screw that held the emitter together. Kinda like the obiwan emitter instead of the glue we use for romans

exactly buddy! again they might have tried drilling that hole first and then learned it didnt work or something, God only knows...

one thing i was wondering is, has anyone ID'ed the case Brian uses to store the V2?

exactly buddy! again they might have tried drilling that hole first and then learned it didnt work or something, God only knows...

one thing i was wondering is, has anyone ID'ed the case Brian uses to store the V2?
I do. It's just a flight case, maybe custom sized. There used to be flight case companies that would make any size you wanted.

We do know that the second Starkiller V2 run had the advantage of consulting with Brandon about the way the saber was assembled as well as the grip rings. Not sure what other info he got from him but he mentioned those two things specifically in the 2nd run interest thread. I wonder if he had not fully disassembled the saber at that point or if he for some reason decided to withhold the fact that the nipple is separate.

Personally I think my 2nd run V2 is fine even with these new details as even if the original saber has a separate nipple it would be more of a hassle to reproduce that, especially when it will not matter once assembled. As you pointed out above, it makes little sense for that piece to be separate, even if it is slightly more accurate.

That being said, I know a lot of folks here want it exactly as the original although but that begs the question, will we ever know 100%? Even Brandon said sometime last year that there are things about the prop that he is still trying to figure out and that was around a year after he first showed it publicly. Maybe at that point he had not taken it apart 100% yet or perhaps the prop itself has some things that simply don't make sense.

Also an excellent point, maybe the nipple is one piece and that initial hole didn't work out so they drilled two more at the top. And then again, that doesn't explain the hole on the shared stunt but perhaps that was done later due to a difference in how the blades were mounted for ROTJ. The only way to confirm this is for Brandon to do so publicly and he has already stated he will be very specific about how and when new info and photos are released.

Last edited:
I do. It's just a flight case, maybe custom sized. There used to be flight case companies that would make any size you wanted.

i have been hunting for awhile i believe its "cases by source" aluminum case, its got the same edges, same frame, same legs but there is a black logo on the bottom in between the legs, its missing on brains
cases-by-source-sv1493-smooth-silver-aluminum-case-with-foam-14-25-x-9-x-4-25-17050b77058ccbe78dd8aebcc2beed3e.jpg

__SV1493_F4-NEW-430_330.jpg

im on their site now trying to find if they have a texture option

- - - Updated - - -

BTW, his name is Brandon. I think you've been calling him "Brian" for the last 3 pages.:p

sure enough thats be.... i did something similar last night!! im horrible

i think i found the matching handle to the case... just need to find the louvered skins and round edges
http://www.casesbysource.com/product/smooth-aluminum-case-pkg10

Last edited:
It is a great discussion, one of my favorites here to look back through and is one of the reasons I joined here. This saber has been my favorite OT saber since I was old enough to realize they all had different hilts so it is fascinating to see the evolution of the prop through the 3 films all the way up to this newest video.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back