Star Trek: Discovery (2017)

How are you watching Star Trek: Discovery?

• Signed up for CBS All Access before watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Signed up for CBS All Access after watching the premiere

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • Not signing up, but will watch if it's available for free

Votes: 82 57.3%
  • On Netflix (Non-US viewer)

Votes: 35 24.5%

• Total voters
Re: New Star Trek Series (2017)

Actually I just read that Netflix has negotiated a deal to stream the new version of Trek, but only for clients in the rest of the world. They will not be able to stream it to North America - CBS is keeping that for themselves.
Initially, yes. But if CBS All Access fails for any reason, it's likely they'll come to an agreement with Netflix to make the show available in North America. I'm only mildly curious about it anyway, so I don't really care if I ever see it.

Re: Star Trek Discovery (2017)

New series is titled Star Trek: Discovery. The ship is U.S.S. Discovery (NCC-1031).

CoFQe4lWgAA-YYe.jpg

First Look - Test Flight of Star Trek's U.S.S. Discovery - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:

Not a fan of the McQ E design either, makes me think a star destroyer and the Enterprise had a collision,
but I approve of the ship's name greatly.
The music sounds remarkably militaristic, not epic of exploration and adventure... CGI looks like home brewed, but I know it's still
early stuff. But here I am thinking.... WTF is this show going to be about?
I hope it's about.... discovery? That would sure be something for a change.

“We’ve got the arc of the first season entirely written, or arced out,” Fuller recently revealed to Collider, “and we’ve got the first six episodes entirely broken.”
Fuller added at Comic-Con on Saturday, “We’re telling stories in a brand-new way. We’re not so much episodic. There have been 762 episodes of Star Trek television, so we’re going to be telling stories like a novel, chapter by chapter.”

So help me.... I LIKE it! :D

ussdiscovery-underside.jpg

I came to terms with the McQ/Ken Adam Enterprise a long time ago. I like it a lot better than the Abramsprise, anyway...

The surface doesn't look complex enough in the new CG... I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

ussdiscovery-saucer.jpg

I give it my limited-edition, little-known, seldom-used, seal of "benefit o' the doubt." :D

Karl

I see windows, but no huge gigantic bridge window view screen! YES!!!! Freaking sold!

Gotta say, the design is awkward at first, but that shot from beneath sold me. The lighting, the shape, it just works. And I couldn't be happier that they went with a name like Discovery instead of it being another Enterprise. Star Trek can be diverse within itself!

I will choose this over the NX anytime anywhere. Probably Voyager too.

Well it's not "NX", and it's USS before the ship name.
So this implies it is after Enterprise NX series starships.

They said there was no truth to the rumor it was between TOS based films and TNG.

When is this ship?

I think they stole their design idea from the future.

Just as the NX-01 Enterprise took a lot of design cues from the Akira-class starship from the Dominion War era, this ship took cues from the Norway-class.

norway-5views.jpg

Not my favorite ship from Trek, either. I think the Steamrunner was a better design than the Norway...

I hope it's after TNG/DS9/VOY. I don't like any more trips to the past!

Judging by the perfectly round saucer and design of the front of the nacelles, I do believe your hopes are going to be dashed. That's very clearly TOS era tech.

Well it's not "NX", and it's USS before the ship name.
So this implies it is after Enterprise NX series starships.

They said there was no truth to the rumor it was between TOS based films and TNG.

When is this ship?
It looks like it might be set during the earlier entries of the original six films. Like after TMP but before TWOK. The deflector array is lit which would make it being a pre-TOS setting unlikely (Even the NX design acknowledged that much). If you stop and look at the time between TMP and TWOK, it's almost a decade!

Given the look and design of the ship, 90% certain that this new series will not continue Star Trek post-Nemesis which bums me out horribly. But we've got great talent involved and no Rick Berman! I'm in.

So help me.... I LIKE it! :D

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19949348/hostedimages/ussdiscovery-underside.jpg

I came to terms with the McQ/Ken Adam Enterprise a long time ago. I like it a lot better than the Abramsprise, anyway...

The surface doesn't look complex enough in the new CG... I guess we'll have to wait and see on that.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/19949348/hostedimages/ussdiscovery-saucer.jpg

I give it my limited-edition, little-known, seldom-used, seal of "benefit o' the doubt." :D

Karl
That's quite the endorsement.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh thank goodness.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back