Spider-man Costume

orhadar

Hey guys, I'm kinda new to this costume-making bussiness, I've made me pattern:
9qb9c0.png

kinda combined everything i like in a spider-man costume...
few questions...
1. do any of you know a place that can get it printed and ships Internationale?
2. I've heard that when it's printed it gets darker, what colors shold i use if i want it to come out like in the pictures?
tanx.

I'm still looking for a place to get my costume printed... So when it comes to that, I can't help you. The print looks nice though. I'd check if it's on CMYK..

1:The colors need to defo be CMYK settings. If the colors are in RGB when you change them to CMYK the color will fade out, ALOT, so you have to go and change the colors again to make them darker.
2:international shipping/printing can be done through fabric on demand (Custom Printed Fabric - Fabric on Demand)
3: Save your file as a Tiff file, this way it condenses the file down and allows for an easier upload to the printers.
4:Awesome file :)

Good luck.

Tanx guys!
I still don't quit understand how to work with the colors, when I change it to CMYK the reds appear to be more pink but not over-all brighter, what do i need to do so it'll look like the file once printed?

To make the colors darker do this:
1: click on the layer which has the red on it
2: click IMAGE, ADJUSTMENTS and then SELECTIVE COLOR. Make sure the red is showing and just adjust the differences to achieve the darker reds.

Tanx for the help, brightened it up a bit, do you think it will come out good if the file's like this:
x6aof8.png

also, started working on the lenses, I'll post pictures later when i can upload them.

Depends on what your going for. Personally I think the red is too orange and the blue too light. But like I said, depends on what your going for.
Looks good though!

Ok! finished one lens, but i can't seem to find a way to connect the frame.
the frame is made of silicone, the lens is plastic, i tried superglue but it didn't work.
does anybody have any good solution?
photo0014cv.jpg

photo0015rp.jpg

Those are pretty cool! I went with more of an original design, the idea of my costume is to have my favorite features of spidey in 1 costume....like the classic spider in the back,the honey-comb pattern,plastic lenses.

some updates:
detailn.png

some arm details..tell me what you think.

and I have a question for all of those a made a costume, should I make the size a bit smaller so it'll stretch? my arm curve is lets say 25 cm, so in the print i made it 23, Will it be good?

Tanx guys!
I improved the muscle detail a bit....hard work but I'm not gonna print a suit that's not perfect...
spiderabs.png

left one is the new version, Right one is the old one.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back