Best Graflex Replica

Im not trying to start a flame war, but a lot of vintage graflex's especially the early ones have had the same "alignment" issue. Even the graflex shop saber is going to come with a hex head screw for the bunny ears, last i read. TGS will have hex-less screws to replace the hex headed one

the reasoning behind the hex head screw on the roman's and TGS was to easily remove the ears to install the blade holder. have you ever tried to remove a original rivet in the bunny ears? it can be a scary thing lol i know it was for me! i was shaking in my boots

i have also heard romans bunny ears are longer but never seen a side by side comparison. i would really love to see a pic of how much different they are. If its that big of a deal, i believe TGS sells his bunny ears for 30 bucks, you could always swap the romans ears for the graflex shop ears

again, i in no way mean this post to come off aggressive, but i recently learned other vintage flashes didnt line up perfecting in the charge holes

I’ve had several original Graflex’s and when I got my hands on a Roman’s Graflex Replica it had to be the most amazingly accurate replica I’ve seen. The only problem I found was the screw holding in the bunny ears but as Danny said, the original rivets will have you struggling like hell plus your scared of ruining the piece lol. The un-even bunny ears is a very common thing because the bent ends on the bass of the bunny ears are always mis-aligned just so the rivet can slide in.

Are there electronics and a blade that you can put into a roman? Sorry I am absolutely brand new to this.

Can it be done? Yes. Anything you can do to a vintage you can do to Roman's.

Is there an all-in-one kit to easily drop it in? No.

I'm sure there's sabersmiths selling converted Roman sabers, but you'd have to google for them. Otherwise, it's the same process as a vintage, you'll have to compare the variety of parts and chassis made by third parties and go with what strikes your fancy.

It hasn't Beas for graflex saber smiths there is only one man for me, and that's scottjua

Check out his YouTube he's done vintages, romans, and verything else

The guy is a true metal artist, and the only smith I would go to if I needed a graflex converted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back