Luke ROTJ V2 lightsaber

Unfortunately, a lever on a clamp doesn't offer provenance - a shot of the same lever on its original object/installation is really needed. My guess is the lever was a replica.

U know... I am pretty sure a few weeks ago a romans clamp and Roys lever were listed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my Starkiller v2 3 piece today from his recent junkyard sale and am thankful for the work in this thread. Wish the stencils were still around but I'll make do.

OK...

Taking another look at this amazing picture, it is clear that not only is there worn away copper paint over black paint on the windvane section of the saber, but there is also worn away copper paint over black paint on the grenade section between the rings.

This would make complete sense since this was meant to originally replicate Kenobi's hero lightsaber grenade section.

I'll be adding this detail to mine as well.

But Ben's ANH hero didn't have any copper or brass on it.:unsure
I have a feeling some of the grenade neck shone through, at least on the upper neck (where they had to weld or glue the emitter on)

Given that the V2 has some color on it, I mean :lol whatever it is :facepalm

Attachments

• grenade2-vi.jpg
    grenade2-vi.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 170
It looks more like dirt and dust to my eyes, although I wouldn't rule out a brownish paint that would match a rusty grenade, either.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I agree, it may just be dust/dirt. On the other hand, it could have been an attempt to give that area a little bronze tone, which would be in line with the ANH grenade.

Man, I've got to make one of these someday.

It's just dirt and grime

OK, I'll go along with the consensus of the group on this one...besides, it saves me from more painting.

Although--this prop seems to be causing very iterative builds that we are constantly revisiting / redoing as new discoveries are made--fun stuff. :)

Last edited:
Looking at that facebook picture, using Pantone /Solid Matte
Pantone-SolidMatte-ColorGuide2005-300x227.jpg

my girlfriend and I guessed at 7407 M

It's a goldenrod matte color, pretty close to this.
8a189c5f546849b01a307dae0856fdb9.jpg

(couldnt find 7407 online..)

granted that picture is of a dirty prop, at not great resolution, and there's a ton of reflection on the surface..

On the Obi Wan ANH shot, we tried to correct the gray-ness of the photo to bring the booster to a more normal black and the robe to the right brown color. We kept seeing things like 4705M and 4715M on the neck. Which are browns.
obi2.jpg

and the emitter is definitely something like dark gray in that photo...completely different to the booster. Maybe the shared stunt had a different original paint job, and thats not the V2 Alec is holding?

I suspect that they both had similar paint jobs. The brass and gray/gunmetal paint could have darkened due to handling and hand dirt. I've cleaned enough musical instruments to know how filthy hand oils combined with environmental dirt can make things. I can see brass paint turning dark brown and dark gray turning almost black over 6 years (on and off) of handling and being sweated on.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I'd also imagine the grey color, if it's there anyway, would be almost indistinguishable from the black paint had it been worn off to the extent that it is on the current V2. I have this color added to my Starkiller V2 and I often forget it's there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back