Rat-Mod lightsaber primer.

Hey @CrazyCraig ! Yeah, that Banjo one's for 2" pipe, it'd make one GIGANTIC lightsaber!! :D If I had the tools, I'd totally come up with a flip out D-Ring idea for lightsaber pommels.

Here's a chart I found for the Male Version of the connector style you used in your Faubi Won that will make it easier for folks to make sense of all the different sizes for these in case they'd like to emulate your great idea...

PHILMAC - POLY METRIC END CONNECTOR - MALE - DIMENSIONS - 01.jpg

PHILMAC - POLY METRIC END CONNECTOR - MALE - 01.jpg
I think that's it anyway, there's lots of them out there. I just saved 11 images for future reference.

The inside of this one would also make an interesting emitter mouth...

PHILMAC - POLY END CONNECTOR - MI 25mm 3-4in x 3-4in - 701-1034 - 01.png

These must be wildly popular down in Australia since most of the images are from Australian Farm Supply stores! The rest are from the UK.

I found a neat looking PVC connector from Waldom / AMP (743-8 Cable Clamp) at the local electronics shop last year that I thought would make an interesting lightsaber speaker chamber....

WALDOM - AMP CABLE CLAMP - 743-8 - 01.jpg

You just never know when something will present itself as a lightsaber part! ;)

I found for the Male Version of the connector style you used in your Faubi Won

View attachment 749730
! ;)
Great work Ridire. That is the male one used in Faubi Wan and the En Faucer (1st). The En Faucer (with all the tap-ware) has a different shaped cap. There are those two styles I;ve found at Bunnings so far. In the in-production photos you can see it with the thread stripped off the male end and a piece of aluminium pipe over the exterior.

The inside of this one would also make an interesting emitter mouth...

View attachment 749731
These must be wildly popular down in Australia since most of the images are from Australian Farm Supply stores! The rest are from the UK.

I found a neat looking PVC connector from Waldom / AMP (743-8 Cable Clamp) at the local electronics shop last year that I thought would make an interesting lightsaber speaker chamber....

You just never know when something will present itself as a lightsaber part! ;)
You're right about being able to use it as an emitter too. Soon I'll upload some photos of the innards you get with the connectors. The Waldom connector does look usefull also as you say.
I did intend to put up some of this info myself, but I started making lightsabers...and made more lightsabers.... and forgot. Plus initially I wasn't sure how well this Rat-Mod style of mine would be received or if mixing media like this would be liked by the traditional sabre maker. Most of the great sabres made here tend to be true to the originals, which I admire and respect, but I'm a creative type and like creating variations and originals.

Here is an image of the innards of the poly connectors. The brown caps indicate connection to copper, they have different internals to the black (no threading, blue bit). This brown cap is larger, 25 mm I think, see the black 20 next to it in the top corner. The metal washers/flanges are separate from the plastic, 20 mm on right side of pic.
View attachment 750553
This pic shows the slightly different internal end of the copper joiner as opposed to the standard that Ridire posted.
njOIWm63.jpg

Last edited:
One of the good things about these poly-caps is the ease with which you can attach an end to take a D-ring. It can be as simple as a nut and bolt with a hole drilled to take the ring, as in the first sabre in the thread - En Faucer. You just add a washer the diameter of the hole in the cap end and another larger diameter on the inside, then tighten.
View attachment 750570

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back