The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Spoilers inside!

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - NOT missing rivets!

because blue is so hot right now! :)

I was thinking it was more to do with some sort of CGI rig to hold her clothes out of the way for an under arm shot of the lightsaber handoff.

But you're right, bright blue is the new orange! ;)

Weird that they're withholding Luke's saber by having him hold the GRAFLEX "Skywalker Saber " in the "Little Red Riding Jedi" posters!

Packaging saber debunked!
thank god!!

VF saber debunked too.
2.png1.png4.png3.png

Re: The Last Jedi Graflex Research - Missing rivets in the grips?

Jeez the body isn't even cold and you guys are already fighting over the inheritance.

it's just a toy box photo. An early concept photo for toys that aren't even out yet. The photo on that box is more photoshopped than a Cosmopolitan magizine cover.

You guys kill me. I'll wait for trailers and actual movie footage.

I'm just going to leave this right here.......

I'm pretty sure Daisy is wearing a blue jacket over one shoulder. You can see a hood on it, with white/cream material inside of it.

Aaaah! I see the zipper now too, now that you mention it's a coat! The inside of the removable hood read as the material of her shirt to me on first viewing and the collar as a bag strap.

Good Catch kelli, you are wise in the ways of the Force-d perspective! ;)

I had been thinking it was that there was going to be some sort of need for them to CGI part of her during the handoff of the lightsaber for some reason or other. Now that I see it as a coat, it's Daisy Ridley's coat, not Rey's, and she's probably freezin' cold up there on the top of Skellig Michael.

Looks like they took the fabric wrapped stunt from Force Awakens and went with streamlined greeblies on a real Graflex for The Last Jedi. Those look like flat plastic or black-anodized grips, black screws/rivets, and the antenna is an entire pommel cap. Shine through glass eye as well.

I'm not coming back to this thread until the movie comes out or if the next trailer has a hero shot.

So I'm watching The Accountant on HBO and what pops up on the screen?

IMG_3647.JPG

I had to snap a pic. Too funny.

I'm not coming back to this thread until the movie comes out or if the next trailer has a hero shot.

No, I think you'll come back. Just when you think you're out, they'll pull you back in.

SethS do you have plans to add the TFA/TLJ sabers to the ebook?

Last edited by a moderator:

TFA is in there.
TLJ, yes-- but don't expect it before the blue ray.

So I'm watching The Accountant on HBO and what pops up on the screen?

View attachment 747213

I had to snap a pic. Too funny.

i saw this a few weeks ago, i thought it was great!

- - - Updated - - -

Halliwax did by pointing out that the glass eye on the stunt has a glow...

sorry buddy, my bad :cry

I thought someone was going to " SethS " for sure just to say teeheehee! ;) halliwax did it the hard way by finding something of interest. Way to think of a clever way to Jedi Mind Trick 'im back in here buddy! :D

I was hoping somebody would mention the tip being taped over instead of your typical end cone.

They must have whacked the Force out of that thing if it had one glued in originally (assuming that's really the fighting stunt as Kylash pointed out).

I wonder if the crew had to don protective eyewear during filming of the lightsaber battles for fear of flying endcones? And further, how many times they glued them back in before they gave up and just taped over the tube ends?

Last edited by a moderator:

All the stunt sabers have that end on the blades. The don't do the round or bullet tips that replica builders use.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back