Best Star Wars Reference Books?

VanOaksProps

Sr Member
Over the past few years I've accumulated a small collection of the SW Visual Dictionaries and The Art of Star Wars books, but was wondering if there are better reference books out there?

I've seen mention of the French "Objets du Mythe" book, is that as good as it gets right now? Trying to determine where I want to spend my cash.

I bought each one of the visual dictionary books but those suck to be honest. I have another book over George's creations and movies but forgot the name. That's a good one.

Honestly, the best reference images and I go is on these forums. You could maybe print out info you find helpful and store them in file folders. Tis what I do but I also have like 100 starwars reference books

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I don't have any as of yet, but I've got one on the way and a couple that I'm very interested in.

The one that's on the way is the Lucasfilm Archive book, it's pretty cheap used and I've heard it's pretty good.

The two that I'm interested in are:
1. Objets du Mythe
2. Star Wars Chronicles Episodes IV, V and VI Vehicles (only in Japanese)

I've heard good things about both.

I don't have any as of yet, but I've got one on the way and a couple that I'm very interested in.

The one that's on the way is the Lucasfilm Archive book, it's pretty cheap used and I've heard it's pretty good.

The two that I'm interested in are:
1. Objets du Mythe
2. Star Wars Chronicles Episodes IV, V and VI Vehicles (only in Japanese)

I've heard good things about both.
The LucasFilm Archives! That's what it's called! That was a very good one!

There are so much great books out there.

-Star Wars Chronicles
-Sculpting a Galaxy

..only 2 that are very nice to have.

Star Wars The Blueprints limited edition, deluxe dressing a Galaxy and deluxe Sculpting a Galaxy are all must haves as far as my list goes. In the case of the galaxy books there is significant extra content justifying the extra price for the limited versions. Not so the blueprints book but the limited version is just nicer. The Allinger book is also very nice and well worth the money. It's one of the best value out there. The making of the original trilogy books are beyond cool.

The Japanese book looks lovely.

The Making of Star Wars Trilogy, both Chronicles (the old one, and the new about studio scale one from Japan), Sculpting a Galaxy, SW Costumes, SW Archives, Objets Du Mythe, The visual Dictionary OT, and maybe Blueprints and Storyboards

Hey Gang! Could someone with the Chronicles book with the Obi-Wan Kenobi Lightsaber pics in it please check to see who the photos are credited to?

Also, how big are the photos in the book?

Driving myself nuts looking at transistors for the last 6 hours, I just have to find the photographer and ask them for a copy of the pic.

Here is the page. Did not see a photo credit anywhere in the book unfortunately.

IMG_1230.JPG

Thank you for looking Remote People !

I was hoping it would be in the bibliography at the end. Too bad. I sent an email to Chronicles Publishing, I hope they are able to either send me the photographer's contact information or higher resolution copies of the photos. Maybe I'll be able to figure out what the brand and model of the transistors are if I can get hold of the original photos and share the info with y'all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I'm reviving this threads because I'm wondering if the Magic of the Myth book is connected to the MoM exhibition ? Or is there an interest to buy it ?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back