Doctor Who opinions

New trailer! This looks like it could be the best season of nuwho yet!
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-series-10-trailer-83421.htm

Not loving the return of "Shabby Doctor."

The costumes you mean? Personally, I love them. I feel like they've found the balance between formal and all out space hobo, like in the Magicians apprentice.

Last edited:
New trailer! This looks like it could be the best season of nuwho yet!
http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/new-series-10-trailer-83421.htm

The costumes you mean? Personally, I love them. I feel like they've found the balance between formal and all out space hobo, like in the Magicians apprentice.

I liked Capaldi's first costume. This one:

file_114012_0_12thDoctor.jpg

Not a fan of the hoodie Doctor look. That said, it's the least of my gripes in Moffat's era, which I'm just ready to have come to a close.

Poor Dan I don't know what you're going to do when Moffat is gone. Also just what I have seen so far I really hope they "Kill Bill"...soon.

When Moffat's gone, I'll reevaluate the series under new leadership. I do hope it's good. Hell, I hope Moffat doesn't disappoint this season, I just have very little faith in his abilities.

When Moffat's gone, I'll reevaluate the series under new leadership. I do hope it's good. Hell, I hope Moffat doesn't disappoint this season, I just have very little faith in his abilities.

Same here. I will never watch another episode with Moffat in charge. Once he's gone, I'll give it a shot again. If it is better, I'll keep watching, if it is not, I won't.

Hurrrrrahhhhhh- Easter wasn't the only reason to celebrate a resurrection this weekend!!!!
The "new and rebooted" Dr Who was a surprisingly strong return to form.Not only was it fun, contained some excellent and subtle nods to the previous series and incarnations, had a clean and simple plot, some great and snappy character dialogue and was a tad creepy as well (Puddle girl) but Capaldi really came into his own as a Doctor this time. Mr Moffat, well done and thank you, you successfully completed a regeneration (if not a little early).
Also I note, with rather wry amusement, that because the new companion is a black lesbian Moffat has been critized by feminists for pandering to male fantasy!!!!
The only thing I thought was how she was about a thousand times more interesting, honest and less irritating than Clara.

Last edited:
That was pretty great. Although I hope the adventures this season are largely offworld. But considering the vault, I tend to think we'll see a lot of the University

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

We certainly need a break from Earth-based stories, and thankfully the 'coming soon' trailer suggests alien planets and space-stations.
I really enjoyed this, more so than a lot of season 9. One point, though... I'm a little surprised/disappointed that, after having Bill point out the Sc-Fi tropes, they didn't put in a joke about how her first alien planet looks like a quarry, especially considering this one was filmed in a quarry! :lol

I like the cup of sonic's on the desk along with pics of Susan and River. However, weren't some of those (or most) a single sonic, but destroyed as well?

We certainly need a break from Earth-based stories, and thankfully the 'coming soon' trailer suggests alien planets and space-stations.
I really enjoyed this, more so than a lot of season 9. One point, though... I'm a little surprised/disappointed that, after having Bill point out the Sc-Fi tropes, they didn't put in a joke about how her first alien planet looks like a quarry, especially considering this one was filmed in a quarry! [emoji38]
Be of the things I love about the Davies era is that it had this "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" feel to it. Absurd locations around the universe. That's what I want to see

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I like the cup of sonic's on the desk along with pics of Susan and River. However, weren't some of those (or most) a single sonic, but destroyed as well?

I think the cup of sonics is meant to indicate all the iterations of the Doctor that were using the office at the university. Those were 'their' sonics, placed in the cup while they were off doing something else on earth/around campus - as if that office was a nexus where they all crossed paths in some way. This would explain why even the ones we've seen destroyed were present, as they hadn't been destroyed - yet.

Bill remarks, something to the effect, that "the Doctor" has been lecturing there "for fifty years or something." This would fit with all of them coming and going in and out of this timeline as they 'travel'.

It seems likely, as all versions were present (even the Eccleston/Tennant variants) - except 12's (he's got it on him) and the War Doctor's, who would not have visited the university.

That was 5's sonic as it had the white tape / Paint on it.
I thought it was interesting but one thing bugged me and I am surprised none of you pointed it out.
Didn't this creature thing remind you of the water creatures on Mars?

I loved the cup of Sonics, I wonder how long it will take until someone makes this for themselves, and yes the first thing I thought of when I saw the creature was the water creatures on Mars.

I liked this episode and hope the rest of the season is as good.

Last edited:
First episode was okay- it felt more like an hour long trailer then anything. Which isn't necessarily bad, it set up Bill nicely. Did anyone else have trouble understanding her? I mean, I'm American, but I watch a lot of British shows and things, but something about her accent is just difficult to understand.

LOVED IT! The space hobo wardrobe is pretty much what I look like on a daily basis, so I'm totally cool with it. Can't wait for more!

I enjoyed it. It was an entertaining episode that definately felt like a return to form. I'm betting that Capaldi's intention with his last season as The Doctor is just to have a lot of fun. I certainly hope so.

And hey, that "next time" preview looked fantastic. Looks like they will be doing some interesting things with The Master and The Doctor.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back