Budget Indy Boots?

PropReplicator2

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys and gals,

Does anyone out there know of some budget Indy boots? Looking for Last Crusade style boots.

Ive heard that Alden 405's are the way to go but I don't have $525 to drop on a single pair of boots right now. Just looking for a temporary way to get out of this predicate right now.

Looking to spend maybe $250 max..

Thanks,
Mike Alex

Hi Alex-

Here is a list of close enough boots (albeit from a couple years ago) from Club Obi Wan/Indy Gear. I lucked out finding a new pair of Alden 403 shoes (not boots though) for $275 recently. Hope this helps.

-Alden 403's -$460
-Eastland Brice
-Wolverine 1000 mile boots (original) -$340
-Red Wing Beckman (9030) -$320
-Rockport Farnum- about $100
-Hawthorne Dress Boot (L.L. Bean) -$195
-Aldo Jeremyah, Diangelo, Rodreguez- $???
-Giant by Georgia Boot Hopper Moc Toe Boot 6- $100
-Crosby Moc Toe Lace-Up Boot- $150
-Crevo Footwear Danziger

Last edited by a moderator:
It might be worth posting on the Club Obi Wan for a pair of used boots. I bought a pair of Alden Indy Boots and have considered selling them but can't quite pull the trigger - very comfortable - I wear them all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks RP! Will definitely look into these. I have my dad's old worn out Alden 8-1/2's but I wear a 13 lol.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Remember that Harrison was a carpenter - and wore those boots daily on the job. I've found them to be a great investment - I get a lot of compliments on them - and I display them next to my IJ items. I've always felt that you get what you pay for with shoes.

b832622c6796a431baef3c13f11a377a.jpg

Hey guys and gals,

Does anyone out there know of some budget Indy boots? Looking for Last Crusade style boots.

Ive heard that Alden 405's are the way to go but I don't have $525 to drop on a single pair of boots right now. Just looking for a temporary way to get out of this predicate right now.

Looking to spend maybe $250 max..

Thanks,
Mike Alex

I own a pair of Alden's and YES they are great but yes very, very expensive.

What you are looking for is the KENTON PACER by J Crew. I have a pair of these as well. J Crew sells Alden's as well as these Kenton pacer boots. J Crew basically designed these boots directly after the Alden design. Alden's leather is what separates the two boots as Alden's fits literally like a glove while these need to be worked in (just as any other boot). The PACER isn't cheap or cheaply made either. They are a great boot themselves, look pretty much identical to the Alden's. I use them if I'm out in the snow or traveling and don't want to scuff up my Alden's to much.

https://www.jcrew.com/r/search/?N=0&Nloc=en&Ntrm=KeNton pacer &Npge=1&Nrpp=60&Nsrt=0

Just know ur size. Alden's for me fit 1 full size smaller than my normal shoes while these Kenton pacer boots fit 1/2 size smaller.

That all being said, I'd wear my Alden's to bed if my wife would let me. Top self pair of boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Alex-

Here is a list of close enough boots (albeit from a couple years ago) from Club Obi Wan/Indy Gear. I lucked out finding a new pair of Alden 403 shoes (not boots though) for $275 recently. Hope this helps.

-Alden 403's -$460
-Eastland Brice
-Wolverine 1000 mile boots (original) -$340
-Red Wing Beckman (9030) -$320
-Rockport Farnum- about $100
-Hawthorne Dress Boot (L.L. Bean) -$195
-Aldo Jeremyah, Diangelo, Rodreguez- $???
-Giant by Georgia Boot Hopper Moc Toe Boot 6- $100
-Crosby Moc Toe Lace-Up Boot- $150
-Crevo Footwear Danziger

I can verify the Eastland Brice Boots are pretty great. I settled on those for my Indy costume until I can afford Aldens.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll also add that the Eastland Brice boots have the smoother sole on the bottom which is more SA if that's a concern. Just depends on your preference!

Took the Eastland Brice boots on a pretty rugged 12 mile round-trip hike out here in Los Angeles. Had to trek through dirt, boulders, forest, scrub brush and some fairly deep river crossings (left the shoes on for those, eventually) and they held up pretty well! I do recommend insoles for added comfort, but other than that, they look a little more naturally weathered and Indy-ish. I'll post photos at some point later today.

Here's a photo of the boots. Got some decent scuffing on the heels and toes. I'll brush 'me off and wash/polish them a bit to brink out the darker tones again.
8fa627d02703f24007af681ab67190f1.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back