power rangers movie is coming!

It's only a teaser trailer so I honestly can't say much about the arc yet. I've been surprised before. I'm rather interested to see a more serious version of one of my favourite series.

So, What does everyone think of the new Alpha 5?

power-rangers-2017-alpha-5-600x857.jpg

So, What does everyone think of the new Alpha 5?

View attachment 687310

I agree, I don't mind the direction they're taking with the tech at all. They really needed to distance themselves from the low budget cheesy goodness of the series, and this alien tech seems to fit the bill. And unlike some of the 'net, I don't think they're stealing my childhood by changing things!

I sometimes wonder if I would have gotten into power rangers if it and Batman:TAS effectively killed the momentum for the original Turtles series and cancelled it.

This is one thing I don't mind if they 'ruin', as in my mind it can't get more ruined-er ;o).

I sometimes wonder if I would have gotten into power rangers if it and Batman:TAS effectively killed the momentum for the original Turtles series and cancelled it.

This is one thing I don't mind if they 'ruin', as in my mind it can't get more ruined-er ;o).

see neil, power rangers was a big part of my life. having a little brother at the time who was into it as big as me, he kept me into it when i should have moved on. i think i was still watching PR's religiously until 6th grade.

i also have a handicap cousin who LIVED for it, so he also kept me watching and going to the movies. last movie in the theater we went to was turbo. i was really hoping to see them bring this back for the kids of this generation. idk... maybe im over reacting.

If those trees in front of the sabertooth are any indication, that yellow ranger in the cockpit is 30 feet tall, lol

Last edited:
Taking something that was super cheesy and making it serious.....looks like they pulled it off.
I wonder if their movements with still have whoosh sound effects.

I was worried about this movie when I saw the first trailer. Had a very "Twilight" vibe to it. But I gotta say, that last trailer looked great!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back