ANOVOS issues (ANOVOS ONLY discussion)

I was able to do it and it worked!

I can see why people that may not be familiar with the non symmetrical nature of this helmet would be surprised. I have the Hasbro Stormtrooper helmet and this is shaped much differently! I actually had to do the turn it sideways trick to get it on my head. Inside is not cushioned like the Shoretrooper but it does come with the stick on padding you can put where you need.

a47W5fc.jpg

NIzAghq.jpg
DcRFK8S.jpg

Jf7720S.jpg

aUc5x2V.jpg

But it maybe I just bought the wrong thing at the wrong time, other helmets have been clearly shipping faster and anovos has said they are using a new system and old orders aren't being filled using this new system. The old system just takes 2+ years to complete. For a customer, it just seems like a garbage excuse to sell higher value items and forget old orders.

Yeah it sucks those original kits are so far behind. I look at it like any other company that has stock or production issues. I actually got a refund for my OT TK helmet last year but I have buying stuff they have in stock. At least they ARE shipping items out throughout the year.

one of my last communications with the Anovos chat said that the item I ordered (helmet kit) was produced and they were waiting for the finished product to be delivered. However the update on the shipping calendar site seems to indicate that the kits haven't even been finished yet, much less left production. I also remember others talking about a "large container" shippment of helmets, but who knows. For a company in the manufacturing and shipping businesss, they seem to not have a handle on the stage of production at all.

But it maybe I just bought the wrong thing at the wrong time, other helmets have been clearly shipping faster and anovos has said they are using a new system and old orders aren't being filled using this new system. The old system just takes 2+ years to complete. For a customer, it just seems like a garbage excuse to sell higher value items and forget old orders.
The "finishing stages of production" comment appears to be pretty standard for "it's close but not quite ready to ship". They may even be on a ship soon if not already. Someone indicated it takes about a month to get to California after the shipment is put on a ship.

As far as I know none of the OT helmet kits have shipped yet. There hasn't been a better time to order those.

I can understand the other products like the fiberglass helmets get delivered on a different schedule than the stormtrooper/shadowtrooper products because the production is most likely done in different factories.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah, getting annoyed at the parts they should be using for my OT helmet kit going into completed shock trooper and commander helmets. Oh look another delay, surprise surprise.

\

I have the belt at another location so I can't look at it right now but I did try and make it as short at possible ... I think. I'll have to look at it again and mess with it to be sure. When you put it on the smallest possible configuration did it still end up being that way it is supposed to be? What I mean is I think there are supposed to be a certain number of rivets visible on the belt and if you loop/shorted the best too much you end up curving some of the rivets in too much. I'm not sure exactly how it should end up looking. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Yes, I end up with one rivet on each side showing. If you look at the ANOVOS page for the belt, in some pics it shows two rivets on the left of the back of the belt and then three on the right, then sometimes two. Check it out. Also, how low did the actual holster hang down your leg for you? Is the adjustable leg strap too big?

- - - Updated - - -

Got my Anovos Han Solo Holster Rig today and I have the same scratch too! By the way, I have seen on Pictures that the original TESB Belt / Holster had also that scratch.
So it should be there!
Anovos did a great Job with the Holster Rig, Tools and Droid Caller! I am very excited about that awesome pieces!

Was it a good fit for you? What size did you order???

Yeah, getting annoyed at the parts they should be using for my OT helmet kit going into completed shock trooper and commander helmets. Oh look another delay, surprise surprise.

Maybe all they are waiting for to get the basic OT helmet out is the flat acetate lenses seeing as the shock trooper has bubbled lenses. :p

Ben

Yes, I end up with one rivet on each side showing. If you look at the ANOVOS page for the belt, in some pics it shows two rivets on the left of the back of the belt and then three on the right, then sometimes two. Check it out. Also, how low did the actual holster hang down your leg for you? Is the adjustable leg strap too big?

- - - Updated - - -

Was it a good fit for you? What size did you order???

Yes, it is indeed a very good fit! I ordered Medium! :) Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Alex

Also, how low did the actual holster hang down your leg for you? Is the adjustable leg strap too big?

YES!!!!! It is ridiculously too big! The snap at the smallest setting still leaves the strap about 4 inches too long. I found this very irritating but at least it can be fixed by a decent leather smith. (For those reading this right now. I'm 6'2" and currently 190 lbs. with a 37 inch waist - I bought a medium)

Overall I have to say I wont ever buy any multi sized products from Anovos again. Their sizing is SO WEIRD and delivery times so long with no ability to exchange for another size that I just don't see the point. It's disappointing because the product quality is decent.

I was going to buy the Han Solo Bespin belt for $60 but the size of that belt is so wacky that I could not place the order. I brought it up here and keep pushing the subject with Darth Maul responding a few times, got agreement that the size was weird and would be fixed on the website. It never was. I never bought the belt. My friend had the same issue. He ended up buying one and it was so far off he couldn't wear it. So he just ordered a second one but was unable to return the first one.

I have to say, I really don't get Anovos' approach to running a successful business.

And just for old times sake, I just looked up the Solo Bespin belt. The sizes are still posted the same. I have a 37 inch waist measured. I buy 36" waist pants. My hips at the absolute largest part are 41". Can someone please tell me which size I'm supposed to get? The 2 x Extra Large? It would be 2" too small for the waist and 11" too big for my hips.. I think this has been like this on their website for a year.

I'm not surprised they are still in stock...

Han Solo Bespin belt sizing as of June 19th 2017

Waist Hip
Small31"36"-38"
Medium32"40"-42"
Large33"44"-46"
Extra Large34"48"-50"
2X-Large35"52"-54"

Last edited:

I've been wondering if this is actually legal. They took money for one product and did not deliver it at the time they said they would - multiple times, dating being pushed back - have yet to deliver it, and now they are selling the same product, repackaged, to new customers.

I think this this has been covered before, Anovos didn't promise you anything or guarantee a delivery date. It doesn't seem that customers have any case against Anovos for any delay in delivery. Customers may be frustrated, but there is anothing you can do about it. Anovos offers you a refund at any time so if you don't like it, you can get a refund. This is how Anovos operates. I have heard that they make great products with many happy customers.

I've been wondering if this is actually legal. They took money for one product and did not deliver it at the time they said they would - multiple times, dating being pushed back - have yet to deliver it, and now they are selling the same product, repackaged, to new customers.

The products that have been delivered use mostly the same parts, but they are not the same product. We don't know if the delay is with some particular part like the lenses, packaging, approvals, etc.

The shipping calendar is always just estimates, not guaranteed time frames.

I think this this has been covered before, Anovos didn't promise you anything or guarantee a delivery date. It doesn't seem that customers have any case against Anovos for any delay in delivery. Customers may be frustrated, but there is anothing you can do about it. Anovos offers you a refund at any time so if you don't like it, you can get a refund. This is how Anovos operates. I have heard that they make great products with many happy customers.

While what you said may be true it is a little on the nose in this case.

The products that have been delivered use mostly the same parts, but they are not the same product. We don't know if the delay is with some particular part like the lenses, packaging, approvals, etc.

The shipping calendar is always just estimates, not guaranteed time frames.

Just so people know my post earlier was a joke when I was talking about the lenses. I was being sarcastic.

Honestly I wouldn't pre order anything from either Anovos or EFX. I love both companies products and have the deathtrooper and absolutely love it to bits but nowadays things aren't what they used to be.

Ben

Yes, it is indeed a very good fit! I ordered Medium! :) Hope this helps!

Best regards,

Alex

Hi... Sorry if this has been discussed earlier but I had a sizing question too.

You ordered a medium you say? What size pants waist do you wear? I ask because the numbers given for medium are either that big or measurements taken over the hips with pants on...

Thanks for your help.

Steve

While what you said may be true it is a little on the nose in this case.

Just so people know my post earlier was a joke when I was talking about the lenses. I was being sarcastic.

Honestly I wouldn't pre order anything from either Anovos or EFX. I love both companies products and have the deathtrooper and absolutely love it to bits but nowadays things aren't what they used to be.

Ben
There have been previous cases where they had most of an item ready to go and it was delayed because of certain piece(s) that had to arrive from another manufacturer. That is less likely with the OT stormtrooper/Shadowtrooper kits because of the low number of parts involved.

At this point I wouldn't hesitate with preorders from Anovos. The products with the extremely long wait times are the first Star Wars products they put up for sale. The wait time for more recent products has been much better, especially for helmets. Complete costumes can take longer because of parts coming from multiple factories in different parts of the world.

Hi Steve,

my measurements taken over the hips with pants on are 41/42 inches, my Pants waist is 38 inches.
That measurements are taken with my Anovos Han Pants in Large.

The Holster Rig Set fits perfect! Sorry to hear about the Problems with the belts and Rigs!

Hope this helps and have a nice day! :)

Best regards,

Alex

Last edited:
Hi Steve,

my measurements taken over the hips with pants on are 41/42 inches, my Pants waist is 38 inches.
That measurements are taken with my Anovos Han Pants in Large.

The Holster Rig Set fits perfect! Sorry to hear about the Problems with the belts and Rigs!

Hope this helps and have a nice day! :)

Best regards,

Alex

Thanks, Alex.

I'm a 32 to 33 inch waist so it looks like i need to wait for a small. Weird. It seems like the starting point for small is pretty big.

Cheers
Steve

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back