Star Lord's new scanner

Good! But... not screen acurate... you need to cut off the top part of the display, i mean just the writing.
o8w6ki.jpg

Your welcome!

fullsizeoutput_1561.jpeg

This is my work in progress. On the left is the "Classic Football" re-release in y2000. The one on the right is the original 1977 "Electronic Football" I couldn't bear to destroy.

I obviously still need to add on the switches and everything but what's the general consensus on buttons/ circuit board visible etc? It would appear that there's a few different methods people here have used.

Actually on this episode the scanner was made by the actor playing star lord and they have cut ties with jim logan entirely according to a convo I had with the actors. They haven't used jim in the last 4 episodes due to some issues.

I have to say this thread is a brilliant example of the masses working together to make better and better props available by pooling knowledge. Congrats to all. I'm eager to try the retro pi version.

and they have cut ties with jim logan entirely according to a convo I had with the actors. They haven't used jim in the last 4 episodes due to some issues.

Have a look at this.

http://www.ilikecomicstoo.com/jim-logan-props/

Scroll on down to the section dated 5/28/17.

Basically they made a similar claim in 2014. That they made the actors aware and would stop buying from him. But did not stop doing business with him.

And that Star-Lord outfit they used in the video. The helmet is an xcoser with the logo ground off. Which this Jim Logan guy recently got caught doing in this topic.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=184584&page=71

And is currently selling raw cast of on ebay.

Just letting you guys know that you can get those football games at Urban Outfitters if there is one near you and you don't want to order one.

Just letting you guys know that you can get those football games at Urban Outfitters if there is one near you and you don't want to order one.

It's not the right model. Too many direction buttons. I'm sure these will make fine scanners if the correct one dries up.

If you'd like to get a screen accurate one, it's the Mattel Electronic Football from the year 2000.

It's not the right model. Too many direction buttons. I'm sure these will make fine scanners if the correct one dries up.

If you'd like to get a screen accurate one, it's the Mattel Electronic Football from the year 2000.

I don't think the supply will ever dry up, at least the '77 model won't. Not sure how many of the 2000 model were made, but back in the day they were manufacturing and selling them hand over fist.

"By early 1978, sales reached 500,000 per week."

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the supply will ever dry up, at least the '77 model won't. Not sure how many of the 2000 model were made, but back in the day they were manufacturing and selling them hand over fist.

"By early 1978, sales reached 500,000 per week."
I don't know if I have the heart to tear into an electronic older than I am, especially if it works. I feel better about doing this to the reproduction.

I've finished my build. I went for the circuit board visible route. I suppose it's my own interpretation really

19665183_10159476123245643_330934557661332474_n.jpg

I was a little bored last night so I made a few improvements to my abilisk scanner. I've no idea if this is screen accurate or not but I added a little "VHS glitch" type effect to the tracking portion of the video. I thought it was cool and in keeping with the retro theme of the franchise and wanted to share a quick video showing it off.

I use an app on Android called Gravity Screen On/Off. I paid to unlock the "pro" features which allows me to turn the screen off when the device is upside down or laying flat but then wake up as soon as its lifted. The video is playing in the background using the VLC app which means as soon as the screen wakes the video is there. Using this method I can get the video running and screw it into my prop in the morning and the battery will last the entire day at a con so no need to keep turning it off during the day to conserve power.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back