Solo: A Star Wars Story

Re: Star Wars Anthology (Young Han Solo)

I really do not like the asymmetrical spoiler, and I think the whole thing needs to about a lot longer, it feels comically short and stubby. Still, there's something I can't put my finger on that I like about it...

maybe it just reminds me of this rocket car

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

- - - Updated - - -

It looks like a floating book

J

Yeah, I started to think the same thing. This feels like a first draft design. I think there's something to it, but it needed a bunch more iterations. Hopefully it looks better on film, or we only see it on screen for a very short time...

There is no way on earth that is the final concept design. Its more likely this is just something thrown together to allow the actors and film crew shot the movie in the open.I would bet fairly even odds that they won't risk it being copied at this early stge in such detail, so what you've got is a filler that just helps to match the live action movement and placement in frame with what will be digitally replaced.

There is no way on earth that is the final concept design. Its more likely this is just something thrown together to allow the actors and film crew shot the movie in the open.I would bet fairly even odds that they won't risk it being copied at this early stge in such detail, so what you've got is a filler that just helps to match the live action movement and placement in frame with what will be digitally replaced.
My first thought exactly.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

That speeder wouldn't even win in a fan run online art contest. I liked the flying AT-AT thing, but this is a giant fail. After TFA and this I don't want to hear any bashing of Prequel designs. The speeders in AOTC were awesome.

That speeder wouldn't even win in a fan run online art contest. I liked the flying AT-AT thing, but this is a giant fail. After TFA and this I don't want to hear any bashing of Prequel designs. The speeders in AOTC were awesome.

The speeders in the PT were intentionally high end Art Deco height of the Republic stuff. This is when the outer rim is in poverty. Come on Jason, you know better then that comment. This is entirely keeping with the visual continuity of the films.

Last edited:

The speeders in the PT were intentionally high end Art Deco height of the Republic stuff. This is when the outer rim is in poverty. Come on Jason, you know better then that comment. This is entirely keeping with the visual continuity of the films.

I know exactly why they were styled that way, but this speeder barely looks like SW. Maybe if this is the Yugo of the SW universe, maybe, Like the other designs (apart from RO) this just looks lazy and uninspiring.

All these speeders look like cobbled together junk which is what they are going for I'm sure. Made up of parts that were lying around and not overly designed.

Ben

That blue speeder reminds me of an article in the original WH40K rule book about scratch building. They took a deodorant container & turned it into a tank. I'll see if I can find the pic online anywhere...

Aha, here it is:
grav1.jpg1374254945533.jpg

I like the speeders. They have a boxy 70s vibe. Also, it's something new and not a pastiche of favorite parts mashed together like the ATAT ship we saw.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back