Now on base and with a figure:

f1_h_race_car8_zpsfyj7pwg4.jpg

f1_h_race_car7_zpsoibpo9p1.jpg

f1_h_race_car6_zpsamsaf0od.jpg

f1_h_race_car5_zps7c1u33rx.jpg

f1_h_race_car4_zpstfpopfbx.jpg

f1_h_race_car_zpsnzjnjsls.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this. Very original and excellent execution. What did you use for that metal look on the front fins? That's probably the best raw metal paint I've seen.

I love this. Very original and excellent execution. What did you use for that metal look on the front fins? That's probably the best raw metal paint I've seen.

Glad you like the results. I used Citadel leadbelcher, if I got the spelling and my memory is correct.

Love your work sir....It's unique in that it has a futuristic "Mad Max" feel where you can see what the vehicle was before it was transformed into something entirely new. As usual, your paint jobs are top notch.

Brilliant work, looks awesome!!......I have only one issue....F1 cars are always pristine and super shiny, your beast is weathered. Maybe it's from the F1 race held in the mad Max universe?.;)..maybe in the future the sponsors don't mind a bit of dirt:D....not a criticism, just a personal observation...still looks great though, well done!

Brilliant work, looks awesome!!......I have only one issue....F1 cars are always pristine and super shiny, your beast is weathered. Maybe it's from the F1 race held in the mad Max universe?.;)..maybe in the future the sponsors don't mind a bit of dirt:D....not a criticism, just a personal observation...still looks great though, well done!

Thank you for your comment. I know it is more weathered ghan necessary. I got carried away. :)

- - - Updated - - -

Outstanding!

And I agree that Citadel's metallic paint line is excellent (though I don't care for their other colors.)

--Alex

I use colors that is similar to the Vallejo line as much as possible when I have the chance. I just think their colors flows better on the models.

I use colors that is similar to the Vallejo line as much as possible when I have the chance. I just think their colors flows better on the models.

Yeah, I like Vallejo, too. I also have a ton of Reaper's paints (Master Series Paints) which work pretty well.

Honestly I get a lot of mileage from cheap craft store acrylic. But for fine detail stuff, I break out the gaming model paint.

--Alex

Never used the Reapers series. I try and use what works for me. Man! I have to get me an air brush one of these days.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back