Uma Thurman releases footage of crash on Kill Bill production.

CessnaDriver

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
She was pressured greatly directly by Tarantino to do this scene herself instead of a stunt driver as she requested despite her serious concerns about the vehicle's safety, challenging sand road and speed involved.
Where was his head on this?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/n...l-crash-footage-provided-by-tarantino-1081491

Video is here, also details the sad environment of that time under the Weinstein umbrella...
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/03/...angry.html?mtrref=undefined&assetType=opinion

Sticking to the accident, which in my opinion could have easily ended up fatal given all those trees, speed and lack of any safety gear.
I have to say if my wife or loved one had been pressured into doing something like this on the job and
gotten hurt I might have ended up incarcerated.

Yeah she was VERY lucky, it could have been a lot worse and Tarentino's career could have ended if it had been

The risk seems so obvious looking at it now. A tail-happy KG. A windy sandy road with tree trunks on either side. The director demanding a speed number for cinematic purposes. WTF? She wasn't even facing the camera FFS.

I'm guessing they didn't have a suitable stunt driver lookalike on hand and it would have delayed shooting. That's the only way it even begins to make sense to put Uma in the car.

More importantly, she voiced her concerns and asked for a stunt driver beforehand. That should have ended the conversation right there.

It's easy to believe that this incident may have influenced "Death Proof."

supposedly Tarantino is known for that behavior.. like the hateful 8 scene where he told Kurt Russel to smash that priceless antique guitar...claimed it was an accident...I heard from a couple people that the prop master or one of the prop people were pissed cause Tarantino knew it was the antique guitar and wanted a real reaction out of Jennifer Leigh

I know it's heresy...but believe it to be true...

Wow she really took a hard hit. Looks like blood on her hand. Tarantino may be a great film maker but what an *******.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the name of the book on The Twilight Zone disaster is called The Final Cut, its a fascinating and timely read.

Have you seen or read interviews with Tarantino ? He’s talented, but he’s not 100% right in the head... Also, fall asleep on his set and you may wake up with a large rubber male appendage on your face ...

I dont think anyone who performs and creates at his level is completely right in the head, just comes with the territory. Kubrick wasnt your average bear either.

Great article. I`ll give him kudos for addressing all situations completely. If only the same spotlight was shone on John Landis back then and now.

supposedly Tarantino is known for that behavior.. like the hateful 8 scene where he told Kurt Russel to smash that priceless antique guitar...claimed it was an accident...I heard from a couple people that the prop master or one of the prop people were pissed cause Tarantino knew it was the antique guitar and wanted a real reaction out of Jennifer Leigh

I know it's heresy...but believe it to be true...

I love that movie, but the guitar scene leaves such a pit in my stomach it almost spoils the whole thing for me. Sometimes I wish I didn't know all the behind the scenes stuff...

I love that movie, but the guitar scene leaves such a pit in my stomach it almost spoils the whole thing for me. Sometimes I wish I didn't know all the behind the scenes stuff...

when I heard the owner's story...upset me so much how careless they were with the item..really made me believe the crew member's story...and this part sucks to hear....."To add insult to injury, Boak says the guitar was insured for its purchase price, which doesn’t reflect its value as an irreplaceable museum artifact."

and someone's week just got a whole lot worse...article of story released today "Revealed: Quentin Tarantino's shocking interview defending Roman Polanski for raping 13-year-old girl 'who was down to party"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anski-2003-interview.html?ito=social-facebook

So Tarantino turns out to be a sh*tty person?
xe99typg1aeqdpq2ysky.gif
:rolleyes

It's hard when you admire an artist's work but find them revolting as a person. I love Tarantino movies, Polanski movies, Led Zeppelin songs, Hunter Thompson books, Doug Stanhope comedy, etc. But I know that I would hate the people in real life, find them childish, degenerate, irresponsible, callous. The struggle to seperate the art from the artist is real, and also makes me wonder why I crave art that contradicts or subverts my standards and beliefs. Probably because being a decent, responsible person is incredibly boring, and I'd rather unwind with a little lunacy than watch Mike Pence speeches, I guess. The anarchy, the unleashed id, the lack of accountability is the fantasy that attracts those of us who work, treat women with respect, show concern for the well being of others, pay our bills, tell the truth, take responsibility for our mistakes.

God I hate being a square.

when I heard the owner's story...upset me so much how careless they were with the item..really made me believe the crew member's story...and this part sucks to hear....."To add insult to injury, Boak says the guitar was insured for its purchase price, which doesn’t reflect its value as an irreplaceable museum artifact."

and someone's week just got a whole lot worse...article of story released today "Revealed: Quentin Tarantino's shocking interview defending Roman Polanski for raping 13-year-old girl 'who was down to party"
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...anski-2003-interview.html?ito=social-facebook

To be fair, a LOT of respectable people have defended Polanski, including Meryl Streep.

You know what I can figure out? In all of this #metoo unearthing, how come rock and roll has remain unscathed? Jimmy Page, Ted Nugent, Van Halen, David Bowie have all had a history of statutory rape, yet their legacies have remained in tact.

One question to consider is whether Tarentino also takes such a vested interest in torturing his male actors. Maybe he just demands verisimilitude from all of his actors.
However, one could also argue that all actors, whether female or male, shouldn't be subject to physical abuse either.
Mr Webber I'm always surprised at the danger that Landis subjected Vic Morrow and the two kids to during the TZ movie. astroboy David Bowie? I had no idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully the whole sad thing going public helps improve things.
It just entertainment, nobody should be getting seriously injured or die over it.
And CGI can come to the rescue in many cases now.

@Mr Webber I'm always surprised at the danger that Landis subjected Vic Morrow and the two kids to during the TZ movie. @astroboy David Bowie? I had no idea.

i`m surprised that exact case hasnt received more attention lately.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back