Claptrap modified replica

Briciius

Hi everybody,

the new borderlands game is coming and to celebrate that, i've decide to make a decorative claptrap ! for my gaming room ;)

The finish claptrap will mesured 70 cm.

I'm using MDF ( wood also call "medium" ) to make the structure and some details.

I have forgot to take pic of the first steps : making plans, cutting parts etc

So now pics :

i glue the wood and use PVC screw to consolidate the assembly

here you can see the beginning of the arms and next the weel that will go under the claptrap

The build is not 100% accurate because i like to change things and make my own design ;)

Hope you like it

Last edited:
Anybody can make an exact replica, because the original had already worked out the handwork, when you make it your own, you enter into art, as long as you don't blow it ;) great job so far! I have all of the official claptraps as of this typing so with a new game maybe more clptrps keep up the good work

the most awesome borderland's claptrap/replica i've ever seen , keep up the good work i can't wait to see it finished! :)

thanks !! i've just seen 2 or 3 claptrap build on the net so i don't really know how mine look like compared to the others but anyway i think can say my clap trap kick ass !!

Anybody can make an exact replica, because the original had already worked out the handwork, when you make it your own, you enter into art, as long as you don't blow it ;) great job so far! I have all of the official claptraps as of this typing so with a new game maybe more clptrps keep up the good work

i've always think that i can't make exact replica is a weakness because i don't have enouth talent to be 100% accurate xD i like your the way you see things

Looks great! Keep at it.

Thanks,

I just add 1 pics because i'm happy to show you that my claptrap can now stand alone xD

View attachment 379110

Was going to comment before that the asymmetrical parts riveted on reminded me of the bandit-hacked claptrap from the first game a little. I always like seeing people put their own ideas into a design instead of fussing over making it exact, plus there are already more than a few variants in the games so it's not too far-fetched to make different parts. Looks even better with the paint! He's been through a lot, it looks like. : )

After two games I still can't decide if I like claptrap or not, and I probably won't buy the pre-sequel. But it's easy to say I like this build! Looks real good, you going to make the eye light up?

Was going to comment before that the asymmetrical parts riveted on reminded me of the bandit-hacked claptrap from the first game a little. I always like seeing people put their own ideas into a design instead of fussing over making it exact, plus there are already more than a few variants in the games so it's not too far-fetched to make different parts. Looks even better with the paint! He's been through a lot, it looks like. : )

Thx and indeed he's been trought a lot !!!!! ( actually it"s the paint render i am the best in so i always make old pieces ^^ )

After two games I still can't decide if I like claptrap or not, and I probably won't buy the pre-sequel. But it's easy to say I like this build! Looks real good, you going to make the eye light up?

I'm not going to put light just paint a false "oeil" and in fact i've already did it ^^

PICS :

And so he is done, i just have to place it in my room and take good pics ^^

In one of the pictures above your post there is a shot that has a metal rod that connects the robot to the base I hope this helps ;)

yep that pretty much covers it! you have obviously done a good job hiding it as i didn't notice it the first, second and third times i drooled over your work! keep going! *Thumbs Up*

Regards, The

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back