Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
I won't go on about what I liked, almost everything. I'll just talk about otherwise since that's a much shorter post.

The bad-guy humor came off really really weird to me. The Poe-Hux phone call joke was super-odd though and was a tad too long during what should have been a very tense moment. Or Hux yell-repeating Kylo's orders and Kylo looking at him like "Woah! Dude." These jokes were like something you'd see in Spaceballs.

Canto-Bight town looked too Earth-like. They really didn't try with that one.

Snoke was a joke. Talked up like he was the next big villain and they just slice him up. I was immediately reminded of how throwaway Phasma was in TFA.

Why did they show Luke's X-wing in the water? Made me think he'd show up in the final battle popping Tie-Fighters and then land for his final scene.

And......
Why didn't they just hyperdrive one of the evacuated support vessels into Snoke's ship like Holdo did with the cruiser?

So hyperspacing is the next weapon. I guess Rogue One and the disabled Star Destroyer wasn't enough, they had to slam a ship head on into a fully shielded one.

Good job showing the space battle at the beginning.

I didn't care for Del Toro's character.

Two non-essential characters....Snoke and Phasma.

I feel like the next episode will have to have quite a few new characters to fill in for the massive casualties they received.

I didn't appreciate an OP force ghost Yoda. He caused a lightning bolt to hit that tree. And he physically touched Luke! WTF!

I didn't like how Luke was strong enough to manifest himself to the entire First Order and trick everyone that badly. But it seems there were small clues that showed he was capable of doing this earlier in the film.

I enjoyed Kylo and Rey teaming up, Finn's suicide run, and a few montage training scenes from Rey.

All in all, I appreciate the idea of wiping the slate clean. But I'm not liking how they utilized the old characters. It was a bad send off for the old characters without any payoff for the new ones.

I not sure how much enjoyment my son got out of it either.
Poe, Rey, and Finn had their small arcs. Poe learned you can't just expect every hair-brained mission to work. Rey learned about how the Jedi order wasn't all that great, and Finn learned about sacrifice and how he shouldn't be doing it for stupid reasons I guess

Last edited:
I think my wife summed it up the best after seeing it tonight. She wondered if Rian Johnson actually grew up a Star Trek fan, and harbored some resentment toward Star Wars since he's clearly trying to ruin it for the rest of us. The kicker is... she's not really a Star Wars fan and just puts up with it for my sake.

-OWK

I didn't appreciate an OP force ghost Yoda. He caused a lightning bolt to hit that tree. And he physically touched Luke! WTF!

I didn't like how Luke was strong enough to manifest himself to the entire First Order and trick everyone that badly. But it seems there were small clues that showed he was capable of doing this earlier in the film.

I rather liked they expanded the lore and capabilities of the Force. Per Obi-Wan " If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can imagine". We finally got to see some of that!

We got to see the power of the Force beyond the narrow definition of the Jedi Knights or Sith.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I rather liked they expanded the lore and capabilities of the Force. Per Obi-Wan " If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can imagine". We finally got to see some of that!

We got to see the power of the Force beyond the narrow definition of the Jedi Knights or Sith.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess we actually get to see how to "cheat death"

I see a lot of people talking about the x wing under water, and that he could have just used that to leave the planet

When I see that scene I look at it as he abandoned the x wing, possibly moved it into the water on purpose for it to be washed away and destroyed by the ocean

We also just learned he used pieces of the s-foil as the door to his hut

I think that x wing is not in working order and hasn’t been in working order since he first landed there on his exile

What is everyone else’s opinion on the sunken x-wing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of people talking about the x wing under water, and that he could have just used that to leave the planet

When I see that scene I look at it as he abandoned the x wing, possibly moved it into the water on purpose for it to be washed away and destroyed by the ocean

I think that x wing is not in working order and hasn’t been in working order since he first landed there on his exile

Scrapped at the bottom.. he had no intention on leaving

He says himself he never planned on leaving and wanted to die on the island. Makes sense he would scuttle the x-wing.

Thanks guys, I just wanted to make sure that I didn’t take it wrong

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back