Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

My heart aces for you my friend, it really does. These shoes have been my goal, my dream, and my obsession for 4 years. I still have old sketches for a barbaric self lacing system somewhere around here. I'm praying everything goes smoothly when I order mine. Hopefully the wiring issue doesn't get any worse to where it doesn't even work anymore! As for questions, I have 2. 1: Does the green mark do anything? Is there even a button in there? and 2: Do they blink while charging?

the only thing that is worrying me is the left shoe will only lace if the upper is bent inward. When at normal resting position it will not lace, however the lights still work. I'm guessing it must have something to do with a contact not being met or a possible wire issue. I guess I'll just deal with it being they are for display anyway. I've included a short video below demonstrating what I mean.

While you are dealing with this like a champ, THIS is the reason why I will NEVER buy these. They are filled with $1.50 worth of Chinese electronics. NOPE NOPE and NOPE...

While you are dealing with this like a champ, THIS is the reason why I will NEVER buy these. They are filled with $1.50 worth of Chinese electronics. NOPE NOPE and NOPE...

And I have to agree with you 100%.

Not only is it disappointing that they shipped these knowing they don't work, but knowing that these will be even more fragile than the standard shoe makes me want to pass as well. I had actually considered buying my US7s (1:1 display pair) as V4, but not now. I'd rather buy an OPPO UHD203. Still made in China but you get full customer support with that.

My heart aces for you my friend, it really does. These shoes have been my goal, my dream, and my obsession for 4 years. I still have old sketches for a barbaric self lacing system somewhere around here. I'm praying everything goes smoothly when I order mine. Hopefully the wiring issue doesn't get any worse to where it doesn't even work anymore! As for questions, I have 2. 1: Does the green mark do anything? Is there even a button in there? and 2: Do they blink while charging?

Thanks man, as much as I hoped they would be perfect I just knew that something would be wrong. I wish at least they took better care of not dirtying up the uppers and avoiding the glue marks. They probably should have double boxed them too while shipping.

As for your questions 1. The green mark has no button underneath it. The red button seems to lace one way upon first press then the other way upon a second press. 2. If the shoes lights are turned on while charging then all the lights blink, EL / LEDs / Strap together. When the charge is complete the lights stay solid again. I guess this is good just to know when they are done charging if you turn them on while plugged in. My original V3's are a cleaner nicer looking display pair because they lack the slight fabric creases on the side where the auto laces run and the slight bulge at the mid toe where the last lace ends. On a positive note my first pair of V3's still fully charge even though I haven't charged them in 6 months, I thought for sure they would be dead.

I agree, even though I was always planning on getting them regardless. I just think its absurd they are pricing them more than retail hyperadapts. V3's should not be more than $300 and these should not be more than $500. The reason why these can never really be worn is because now there are so many points of failure. You can see where the wiring runs through the uppers, if too much stress goes on that area there goes your controls. So now you have sensitive uppers, lowers and mid toe where the laces are looped through.

Last edited:
As for your questions 1. The green mark has no button underneath it. The red button seems to go one way until it is complete and then when another press will go the other way till that is complete. 2. If the shoes lights are turned on while charging then all the lights blink, EL / LEDs / Strap together. When the charge is complete the lights stay solid again. I guess this is good just to know when they are done charging if you turn them on while plugged in.

Holy s***! They actually blink!I never thought that they'd actually put that in! As for the green button, that dosent really bother me. Would it be possible if you could post a video of them charging?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Alright, I know that I said I was only paying $1000, but I had to cut my losses. Best I was able to get was $1050. My check should be deposited on December 3rd, I'll place my order then

Thanks man, as much as I hoped they would be perfect I just knew that something would be wrong. I wish at least they took better care of not dirtying up the uppers and avoiding the glue marks. They probably should have double boxed them too while shipping.

As for your questions 1. The green mark has no button underneath it. The red button seems to go one way until it is complete and then with another press will go the other way till that is complete. 2. If the shoes lights are turned on while charging then all the lights blink, EL / LEDs / Strap together. When the charge is complete the lights stay solid again. I guess this is good just to know when they are done charging if you turn them on while plugged in. My original V3's are a cleaner nicer looking display pair because they lack the slight fabric creases on the side where the auto laces run and the slight bulge at the mid toe where the last lace ends. On a positive note my first pair of V3's still fully charge even though I haven't charged them in 6 months, I thought for sure they would be dead.

I agree, even though I was always planning on getting them regardless. I just think its absurd they are pricing them more than retail hyperadapts. V3's should not be more than $300 and these should not be more than $500. The reason why these can never really be worn is because now there are so many points of failure. You can see where the wiring runs through the uppers, if too much stress goes on that area there goes your controls. So now you have sensitive uppers, lowers and mid toe where the laces are looped through.

In my opinion these are pointless especially for the price.
They dont even autolace. You put your foot in and nothing happens.
You have to push a button.

Its like those kids in part 2 after seeing crackshot marty on wild gunman video game.

"You have to use your hands?"

Exactly.

Now, if they copy the actual hyperadapt and then redo it, then its real autolace.

At this moment in time its push button lace.

Ok so just got my V4's and so far its been a rough ride (as expected). First I noticed customs opened them up but thank god did not seize them this time, no clue why. Secondly DHL delivered them to the wrong house. I got home and saw they weren't where DHL said they were and freaked out. Walk a block down the street and saw they were delivered to another house with a similar address. :sick Anyway they shipped me the shoes in replacement style packaging via DHL and shipped the box separate via EMS. They said this might help getting through customs. So I have the shoes but don't have the box yet. As for the shoes, other than the dirty white uppers and a couple small glue marks the only thing that is worrying me is the left shoe will only lace if the upper is bent inward. When at normal resting position it will not lace, however the lights still work. I'm guessing it must have something to do with a contact not being met or a possible wire issue. I guess I'll just deal with it being they are for display anyway. I've included a short video below demonstrating what I mean.

I already knew there would be risk in ordering these, so while not perfect I guess it could have been much worse. These are still not worth $1000 but maybe i'm just trying to overcompensate with the lose of selling my RD's last year. I'm sure they will break once I put my foot in so hopefully one of the good people here start offering repair services soon :) Let me know if you have any specific questions, I'll post some more pics later.

https://youtu.be/_TblNxkaGWo

That’s annoying [emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airair said:
Its like those kids in part 2 after seeing crackshot marty on wild gunman video game.

"You have to use your hands?"

These are no baby toy :lol

It is not "auto lacing" but it is still "power lacing". This point seems to be blurred by the 'auto' part. If these were actually wearable (like Hyperadapt is), I wouldn't want them to suddenly clamp down on my feet.

Looks like 3V.1 in US7 will be my next purchase of any MAG shoes.

I was also looking at getting some of the older style V2s in black (for work we have to wear black shoes, but they don't care if they are not leather formal or dress shoes and these are half way there with the clean toe and minimal stitching) as they are all now close to the price of the HC MAGs but look way better.

Sooooooo got my V4's Yesterday, Display stand was totally broken, and the right shoe doesn't lace as well as the left, seems to struggle. go figure

I am kinda shocked you guys are actually falling for these V4's. Feel bad for you guys though! BD0722 definitely looks like a simple wiring issue at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
Holy s***! They actually blink!I never thought that they'd actually put that in! As for the green button, that dosent really bother me. Would it be possible if you could post a video of them charging?

Video of shoes charging below:

Also here is a pic comparing the profile of the V4 to the V3. The V3 seems to have a sleeker profile, the V4 has a small hump towards the toe where the laces loop through.

6pube9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Video of shoes charging below:

https://youtu.be/0PWPbZ6GJuI

Also here is a pic comparing the profile of the V4 to the V3. The V3 seems to have a sleeker profile, the V4 has a small hump towards the toe where the laces loop through.

View attachment 776807
Thanks so much man. Tbh I didn't believe David when he said they blink. This will definitely be a huge benifet for me, as I'm always paranoid with the v3's that 1: They're not charging
2: I'm gonna over charge the battery

Sooooooo got my V4's Yesterday, Display stand was totally broken, and the right shoe doesn't lace as well as the left, seems to struggle. go figure

Man I'm sorry to hear about all the issues, I guess it sort of makes me feel less bad about my situation. Let us know what their replacement policy is if you contact them. I'm curious to know how much they will ask for replacement pairs.

I am kinda shocked you guys are actually falling for these V4's. Feel bad for you guys though! @BD0722 definitely looks like a simple wiring issue at least.

I'm with AjiPro, I don't really have any regrets because I expected a less than perfect situation and this is the closest I can get to the 2016 Mags. If you ever start offering repair service for these please let me know :D

wow, this is one of the thing i'd like to see on a v3.2 this small hump wich is on most of the non PL RD.

Agreed. There is a curvature of the lace box on the 2011 MAG that we do not get on the 2016 replica. Note how the V4 sits more upright as well, where the V3 leans back.

I believe the 2011 rd has a similar hump in the curvature towards the end of the laces, I kind of like it, I still can't bring myself to drop 1000 for the v4s...I just got a pair of v3 last month and a hype bought em off my feet...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back