Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

Hey MrFusion I ordered a few weeks ago and arrived with no issues to UK. However, it is gamble as cavx states because one look from customs with big Nike swoosh and it’s a write off! Guess you have to decide whether you want to take that risk with UK Customs as I did..

Last edited by a moderator:
@cavx - how do I go about getting the GITD pieces for each side? Could you help source or make? Your's and @Jedifyfe videos have been awesome viewing and I guess when my lights breaks - I will doing this to keep the effect of the shoes the same.

Last edited:
@cavx - how do I go about getting the GITD pieces for each side? Could you help source or make? Your's and @Jedifyfe videos have been awesome viewing and I guess when my lights breaks - I will doing this to keep the effect of the shoes the same.
Send me a PM. I can make these to order.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Man I would love to do this! My only fear is getting the old soles off without damage. I tried it with the V2s, got them off but it wasn't pretty.

Well, I was able to remove them with the help of a fan heater to soften the glue without melting anything - but while I was removing it, I pulled at it for a while until it didn't want to come off, then put the shoe back in front of the heater to re-warm. That way it didn't rip the grey foam. The right shoe (which I was able to remove the sole from last night) was glued a little better, and took longer. But got there without tearing chunks out of the foam, so all good. You just have to let it take as much time as it needs. I think fan heaters are pretty cheap if you don't have one. It spreads the heat over a bigger area - better than a hairdryer which applies more 'point heat'.

Edit - for those who might not know, a "heat gun" bought from hardware shops generally heats to a much higher temperature than a hairdryer or box fan heater. If anyone wants to use one of these, just be very careful you don't get too close, or leave the heat in one spot too long as it can deform soft materials easily. (I've used them in my previous job to remove windows licence stickers from broken computers so I could have valid licences when I built them new ones - it deformed one plastic case I was removing the licence sticker from) Because it has a higher temperature, it might be better for hard-to-remove glue like maybe 2-part epoxy but I don't have one at home so can't comment on their use for the MAGs.

Last edited:
@DragonGalvy Have you given them a full charge yet?

I was able to put the right one I'm working on today in the sun (for only a couple of minutes)
IMG_20171031_131633.jpg
and this is the result:
IMG_20171031_131710.jpg IMG_20171031_131757.jpg

Since our problem lies in the EL panel and not the actual wiring................ I wonder if there would be a way to fit a small blacklight behind the GITD to keep them charged while the shoe is "on"........... or if it would charge the GITD evenly even if it could be done.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBSMSV8FQSx/?hl=en&taken-by=cavx01

Once fully charged, they are as bright as EL. The problem is, that they loose brightness quickly. They glow (dimly) for at least 6 hours.

- - - Updated - - -

The risk is the same no matter where you live. Most pairs go through, but every now and then, customs snag a pair.

Since our problem lies in the EL panel and not the actual wiring................ I wonder if there would be a way to fit a small blacklight behind the GITD to keep them charged while the shoe is "on"........... or if it would charge the GITD evenly even if it could be done.
My initial problem was a bad battery. In the end it was most certainly wiring. They had worn down to the bear copper and shorted in one shoe and plain broke in the other shoe.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

anybody here already ordered theirs?

So I ordered my V4's 2 weeks ago from David. Before I ordered I asked if they were ready to ship and he told me yes. Now of course he's saying the factory is making updates to the box and they won't be ready to go till sometime in November. Every time I order from them it usually takes me 4-6 weeks till I actually get the product for some reason or another. Paying by WU just makes me a little more skittish.

I told him I hopped they made the lights stronger for these being my last 3 pairs pretty much broke in different ways after just a couple wears. He tried telling me that even the real mags break. I told him I owned the real mags and never had a problem in 6 years with the electronics. He of course didn't care.

These V4's will definitley be display only. The only thing that scares me is not charging the battery for a while, then the whole shoe just dies.

Last edited:
Has anyone done a 9 volt switch over on the V3's like I had seen a few do on the V2's? Did a search, couldn't find anything.

I looked into this but there is just no room. You have the area (footprint) for a 9V, but not the depth. The key difference between a V2 and V3 mid-sole is the thickness where the V3 is about 1/2 the height at the back under the heel cup.

- - - Updated - - -

So I ordered my V4's 2 weeks ago from David. Before I ordered I asked if they were ready to ship and he told me yes. Now of course he's saying the factory is making updates to the box and they won't be ready to go till sometime in November. Every time I order from them it usually takes me 4-6 weeks till I actually get the product for some reason or another. Paying by WU just makes me a little more skittish.

I told him I hopped they made the lights stronger for these being my last 3 pairs pretty much broke in different ways after just a couple wears. He tried telling me that even the real mags break. I told him I owned the real mags and never had a problem in 6 years with the electronics. He of course didn't care.

These V4's will definitley be display only. The only thing that scares me is not charging the battery for a while, then the whole shoe just dies.

I think you have to make charging them a regular thing. I do my display pair every 2 weeks for a few hours (normally a bit over 2) while I watch a movie in my cinema. They seem to last a few hours but I have not drained them flat. These V4s will be the same.

so its preorders than
what size are you? maybe they have to make yours as they go.
for this crazy amount of money shipping should be done by plane

I was skeptical about the v4s not being ready to ship as well and dishing out 1000$ for them and waiting wasn't appealing, so I order v3.1 and after just one wear for Halloween one of the lights already failed and broke partially...
a5fcd12fdeb09f5695e1f9c3a22323a5.jpg
bdb4901eb8f2fff4c5d02ff54e4a4b8e.jpg
42a494b2b0c514f2f39baf3067317e82.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so its preorders than
what size are you? maybe they have to make yours as they go.
for this crazy amount of money shipping should be done by plane

I'm a size 11, which I think is pretty common. Once they ship its very fast, but in my experience it just takes them a long time to actually ship me the shoes due to some excuse. Ijust hope these V4s don't take too long to get out, hate having $1000 just out there and not getting updates.

- - - Updated - - -

I was skeptical about the v4s not being ready to ship as well and dishing out 1000$ for them and waiting wasn't appealing, so I order v3.1 and after just one wear for Halloween one of the lights already failed and broke partially...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that stinks and is what i'm talking about. I don't think I've seen that kind of defect before, its such a bummer for the money paid.

TBH it's happen to every pair I've had that I've worn (4/8 pairs I wore) I thought thats what the v3.1 & v4 were for? Stronger support on the lights & dimmer lights, I do admit the battery life is much longer, I've charged them once and it's lasted over 3 hours and they still have juice in them but the lights just seem too sensitive if that happens even after 1-2 wears.

SneakerGrinch That black out part on the sole is due to when these are made, the workers get glue behind the EL panel. The EL then tries to move freely but delaminates itself because of the glue.

Jedifyfe This seems to be a very common issue as in all of my wear pairs I've had over the past year eventually after 2-3 wears this would happen, then I would just end up getting another pair. Maybe in the V4s this is fixed? or will we have to wait for the v4.1s? Or should we even be wearing them at all?! lol since even Nike says the rds where inteneded for display only...

Well its like one guy said, even payless shoes with lights on the soles last years. This is just a factory defect that no seller seems to care or adress since they know we will buy

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back