The Definitive Peter Quill/Star-Lord Costume Thread

as far as more comfortably, I cut the bottom connector off of the nose. it fits much better with that alone. other than that, padding. but padding will make it hot

Well, I placed an order 2 days ago from hjackets and haven't heard anything from them and can't seem to contact them. The Vol. 2 jacket looks like the version 2 jacket that was on USAJacket, but its not shown on that site anymore. It looks like a reasonably accurate jacket for the money. I will keep this thread posted on how the order goes and post pics if/when I get the jacket.

UPDATE: I just got an email response from hjackets confirming they received my order. I asked them to confirm that the jacket I ordered in the picture is the one they are shipping. Another interesting item, the email response I got from them actually came from Black Leather Jacket website. They must be sister sites or the same company with different websites? Will post pics once delivered.

UPDATE2: Great news! The jacket from hjackets.com arrived today. The order was placed on Aug. 9th, so 3 weeks to get it made and shipped from Pakistan. Overall the communication was hit and miss. It took a few days to get confirmation they got the order and was proceeding. I emailed them weekly to check status and I always got a response of some kind. One thing to note, I ordered a 2XL, but they sent me an XL. Lucky for me it actually fit nicely, so I am not upset. For reference, I am 6'4" with a typical sleeve length of 36" and 44" chest.

The review: First of all, it is NOT the masterpiece that Zlurpo created. However, for less than $200 it is a very nice replica jacket for those on a budget(or with wives that make us stay on a budget..haha). I will need to fix a few snaps and make a few modifications, but it is real and very soft sheep leather and canvas with good quality stitching. It has 2 nice sized inside pockets that could easily fit a Zune! Looking at it from the back, it looks like it could be taken in a bit for a better fit...will get it to my seamstress tomorrow. 20170831_181140.jpg20170831_181147.jpg20170831_181154.jpg20170831_181225.jpg20170831_182346.jpg20170831_182400.jpg

UPDATE2: Great news! The jacket from hjackets.com arrived today. The order was placed on Aug. 9th, so 3 weeks to get it made and shipped from Pakistan. Overall the communication was hit and miss. It took a few days to get confirmation they got the order and was proceeding. I emailed them weekly to check status and I always got a response of some kind. One thing to note, I ordered a 2XL, but they sent me an XL. Lucky for me it actually fit nicely, so I am not upset. For reference, I am 6'4" with a typical sleeve length of 36" and 44" chest.

The review: First of all, it is NOT the masterpiece that Zlurpo created. However, for less than $200 it is a very nice replica jacket for those on a budget(or with wives that make us stay on a budget..haha). I will need to fix a few snaps and make a few modifications, but it is real and very soft sheep leather and canvas with good quality stitching. It has 2 nice sized inside pockets that could easily fit a Zune! Looking at it from the back, it looks like it could be taken in a bit for a better fit...will get it to my seamstress tomorrow.View attachment 755648View attachment 755649View attachment 755650View attachment 755651View attachment 755652View attachment 755653

How less than 200? I'm pretty sure some Ebay jackets are a little nicer for less, still. Overall, I don't dislike the look at all, apart from the weird, isolated black patches on the sleeves.

Never heard of hjacks.com before. I've always used southbeachleather if I need something, typically custom.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm sure there is better out there for less. I paid $179 shipped, but its not custom. The "black patches" are nylon webbing. I can easily paint it to blend with the jacket.

Hey everyone thought I would post some of my progress, built the areo-rig from scratch with very limited pictures I could find, took around 2 months on and off few days a week to finish, I don't know much about electronics so that part was rather tough to figure out personally but happy I got it to work! I can post more pictures and pictures taken along the way if anyone else is interested! thanks!

21389338_10159330716165215_1566727360_o.jpg21392882_10159330716585215_1694328916_o.jpgaero rig.png

Anyone have any tips for making the hip pads? Not sure what type of leather I need or how to press in the padding.

Or does anyone know anyone selling screen accurate pads?

Anyone have any tips for making the hip pads? Not sure what type of leather I need or how to press in the padding.

Or does anyone know anyone selling screen accurate pads?

Take a look in the classifieds section of this site. There is the "Project Run" section and you could also post in the "Want to buy" section.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Was more angling for somebody who would do it on commission. I'm awful with both taking things apart (more putting them back together really) and even worse with paints!!

hye Jack i wanted to reply to your PM but you blocked messages " Jack0990 has chosen not to receive messages or may not be allowed to receive messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Hmmm, that's odd. Could you try again mate?

- - - Updated - - -

hye Jack i wanted to reply to your PM but you blocked messages " Jack0990 has chosen not to receive messages or may not be allowed to receive messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her."

Hmmm, that's odd. Could you try again please mate?

Anyone have any suggestions for the boots used in Vol2? I got a pair with the DFYM costume but these are super loose around the calf and the leg guards/spats fall down
I had the same problem... so I added a strip of EVA high density foam to the inside front of the boot proper and the inside of the back wrap around spats. I also removed the useless clips that were attached and glued in some slightly bigger (more accurate) clips. I actually ran a bead of glue up one side of the boot and permanently attached the spats to one side. Works a treat..!
image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Oh yeah... here's a pic of my set up so far (DFYM threads)...
21761441_10155211896679317_6301774870704373005_n.jpg

Last edited:
I had the same problem... so I added a strip of EVA high density foam to the inside front of the boot proper and the inside of the back wrap around spats. I also removed the useless clips that were attached and glued in some slightly bigger (more accurate) clips. I actually ran a bead of glue up one side of the boot and permanently attached the spats to one side. Works a treat..!
View attachment 759751View attachment 759752

Oh yeah... here's a pic of my set up so far (DFYM threads)...
View attachment 759753

Good Idea. I'm down to the wire with my costume to get it together so I will grab some eva foam. Did you have any issue with the superglue on the foam?

Does anybody on this forum have any measurements/a pattern for the Vol. 2 spats? I'm putting together a Star Lord cosplay from the end of Vol. 2 and that's just about the only thing I have left to make. Thanks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back