Finally... pics of my prop collection ... a bittersweet swan song

dirtyharriet

Well even though my join date shows only March, 2014... I lurked the RPF for many years before I joined. I have collected props off and on for around a decade. I have wanted to post pics of my collection for quite some time but was waiting for it to get more complete. My collection is very humble compared to many of the massive and stunning collections many members have here on this site. I never quite finished my prop collecting goals but got most of the items I wanted before I stopped buying.

I will paste in a few pics of my main office display... It holds around 75% of my prop collection. In the coming days and weeks I will be putting most of my collection up for sale in the junkyard. It is kinda sad that I will be letting it go but I simply have too many hobbies and not enough time, space and money to go around to do them all. I will however be keeping my lifesize 1.1 Terminator statue though. I named him "Grouchy" and he has kept me company for years in my office area and has sorta become a member of the family. He will be my one remaining treasure to remind me of the many fond memories of my time spent in this hobby.

I will be hanging around here off and on I'm sure for a while longer but I must say it has been a privilege and a pleasure to hang out with the greatest prop collectors in the world. The knowledge and skill shown on this site every day is nothing short of amazing. I truly wish all of you the best... dirtyharriet

P.S... the straight on picture of the shelves was taken in 2 pictures and cropped together... it makes the top 2 shelves look angled. You can see on the angled picture that they are straight and not crooked... just wanted to spell this out before I get 10,000 replies telling me the shelves are screwed up... lol.

Prop Collection front.jpgProp Collection angle.jpgProp Collection Terminator Statue.jpg

Awesome collection, sorry to see you go but I also have the same problem. I will be keeping an eye for your pred stuff any idea when it will be hitting the junkyard? Thanks for the post and kind words.

Great collection man. Love the Terminator and Hell Boy pieces.

Thanks Mobjack, yeah "Grouchy" is my pride and joy and my most coveted prop of all time for me personally. Way back in my early years of prop collecting when I was into screen used stuff... I had items worth much more but he is and has always been my number one desire. It broke my heart when I missed out on a V1 Terminator statue... I was beyond thrilled when the V2 came out and gave me a 2nd chance to get one. BTW... I am a wo-man... lol. I know prop collecting is pretty much almost an all man's world... but some times us girls just have to crash the party to keep you boys on your toes.

BTW... I am a wo-man... lol. I know prop collecting is pretty much almost an all man's world... but some times us girls just have to crash the party to keep you boys on your toes.
:facepalm
I'm sorry about that. I usually look at the poster's name and that one got by me. And you are correct, we do need you to us on our toes. lol

Awesome collection, sorry to see you go but I also have the same problem. I will be keeping an eye for your pred stuff any idea when it will be hitting the junkyard? Thanks for the post and kind words.

Probably within the next week. If there is something in particular that you are interested in... just PM me.

Humble my butt. It's quality over quantity. I love how you have stuck to certain genres and made them complete. That's harder to do than anything. Reconsider selling everything. I know first hand how hard it is to collect all those individual pieces from various people.

Humble my butt. It's quality over quantity. I love how you have stuck to certain genres and made them complete. That's harder to do than anything. Reconsider selling everything. I know first hand how hard it is to collect all those individual pieces from various people.

ave4uevoli, thanks for the compliment about the quality of my collection. I have however given this much thought and I am at peace with my decision to sell it all but my Terminator statue. I have enjoyed my items for many years now and it is time to send them to new homes for them to be enjoyed all over again by other collectors.

Yeah, sometimes the best photos we take of our props are the ones we use for eBay :(

I've had to sell stuff, usually at a loss, so I feel your pain.

-MJ

Yeah, sometimes the best photos we take of our props are the ones we use for eBay :(

I've had to sell stuff, usually at a loss, so I feel your pain.

-MJ

So sad but true Mike J... but I am not feeling sad. Just hearing the excitement of the people who have already purchased some of my items lets me know they are going to a good home and will be appreciated. That in itself right there makes this whole process much easier. I just hope they post updated pics of their collections so I can see them again.

Hi dirtyharriet I just saw your topic here and I was wondering if all is sold by now or that you still have pieces left.
I understand your decision and wish you good luck in your further life and hope you will not be a total stranger on board.
I'm kinda jealous and envy you in a possitive way about your full scale Terminator Statue that is one hell of a heavy and big fellah right and nowadays to expensive especially with shipping costs and custom fees and local taxes.
Kind Regards.
Johnny.

Nocturno, I've sold almost everything by now. The only thing I have left for sale is my lifesize Terminator statue. We are remodeling the house and I just have no where to put him and fear he will get damaged so I will have to let him go to a new home. He will be pick up only though... I got rid of the boxes a long long time ago. The only other major item I have available is the Blue Raja HERO screen worn costume from Mystery Men. Those were my two biggest prizes and I held on to them the longest.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back