Official V3 Nike MAG Replica Thread - V3 Discussion Thread

So I know that you are all professionals in this matter. I plan on getting some V3.1s. I don't care for the original Air Mags box since I have a rotating display they will go on. It seems like Porfessor Sneakers is the best buy for me then at $350? Likewise I do want a case for travel though. Should I get the Air Mags Plutonium case or when will this footwear bag come out?

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

It would appear that he is the best price-wise & if you’re based in the US at least you’re not going to have to worry about customs fees or the shoes potentially being seized.

As long as you’re comfortable lugging around a genuine flight-case, (because that’s what the Swanflight case is) then currently that would be my choice. I don’t know what cavx is estimating as a time-frame for completion on his FOOTWEAR bag, however the case will most certainly protect your Mags & has room for all the necessary peripherals. It’s robust, secure but will be heavy! ...-ish.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would appear that he is the best price-wise & if you’re based in the US at least you’re not going to have to worry about customs fees or the shoes potentially being seized.

As long as you’re comfortable lugging around a genuine flight-case, (because that’s what the Swanflight case is) then currently that would be my choice. I don’t know what @cavx is estimating as a time-frame for completion on his FOOTWEAR bag, however the case will most certainly protect your Mags & has room for all the necessary peripherals. It’s robust, secure but will be heavy! ...-ish.
Ok thank you very much for the feedback.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I’d have to disagree dude. Personally, for me the biggest giveaway is the ribs of the V3 material, they’re far more pronounced than those of the RD. That along with the shape of the toe box & the angle at which it meets the front lip of the sole. The ‘lean’ of the V3 would never be noticed on foot.

To the unsuspecting the difference would probably never be spotted, but to someone who knows the RD’s inside & out the differences are huge. That’s not to say that the V3 isn’t still awesome, it’s just a shame that they highly overpriced considering the shoddy manufacturing.

Generally when we use the term "ribs", we are referring to the part where the elastic runs down the sides of the shoes, not the grain or weave of the material. The comments were about the V2 and then later the Gen 1 HC having d massive "ribs" in comparison to the V3. HC later released "smooth sides" which had no ribs at all. Whist you can use an iron to flatten these out, there is nothing we can do about the grain structure of the cloth.

Nike actually had their cloth made up especially for the 2011 shoes.

I don’t know what @cavx is estimating as a time-frame for completion on his FOOTWEAR bag, however the case will most certainly protect your Mags & has room for all the necessary peripherals. It’s robust, secure but will be heavy! ...-ish.

Weight is of a concern here, so why I am looking to change out the materials.
No there is no time frame. I work on this when ever I have time and funds.

I bought the materials for the new frame work for the vacuum former and will get that welded up (why does aluminium welding have to be a special price?) on Monday, finish the flume and add the gas heating element and we are good for a test run.

Had a little time to kill today, so I decided to illustrate one of the other alt Air Mag designs. There were some requests after I posted the first one, so here it is!

8a725f2b7e38679a1da9d3953e9bc646.jpg

Here’s the side by side:

23d0d5b705f0a7079f8ab6651c892242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Generally when we use the term "ribs", we are referring to the part where the elastic runs down the sides of the shoes, not the grain or weave of the material. The comments were about the V2 and then later the Gen 1 HC having d massive "ribs" in comparison to the V3. HC later released "smooth sides" which had no ribs at all. Whist you can use an iron to flatten these out, there is nothing we can do about the grain structure of the cloth.

Nike actually had their cloth made up especially for the 2011 shoes.

Ahhhhh of course, I think I’ve blocked the V2’s out of my mind. I remember having to iron those ‘ribs’ flatter! In which case I’ll rephrase, it’s the grain or weave of the material is the biggest giveaway for me.

Yeah, I was aware of Nike manufacturing their own material for the Mag, it wouldn’t make sense not to. I did actually learn a few other facts regarding the RD the other day as a friend had a brief chat with Tiffany Beers regarding materials & components that hasn’t been included in press information or other interviews.. Some very interesting stuff.

Good luck with the tube, I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I dispair to think of the time & money you put into it already! :thumbsup

Ahhhhh of course, I think I’ve blocked the V2’s out of my mind. I remember having to iron those ‘ribs’ flatter! In which case I’ll rephrase, it’s the grain or weave of the material is the biggest giveaway for me.

Thanks to Facebook's reminders, I am constantly seeing images of my pair of V2s.

Because most MAG images are taken from over 1.5m, it is hard to see the grain or weave if the photo is taken with a phone or similar device. So I look for the shape of the midsole just above the front EL dome. That part is clearly defined on the real shoes and yet seems to be subtle on the V3s. Even the V2 has a better shape here.

Yeah, I was aware of Nike manufacturing their own material for the Mag, it wouldn’t make sense not to. I did actually learn a few other facts regarding the RD the other day as a friend had a brief chat with Tiffany Beers regarding materials & components that hasn’t been included in press information or other interviews.. Some very interesting stuff.

Good luck with the tube, I’m looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I dispair to think of the time & money you put into it already! :thumbsup

Thanks man. Close to $3k now? Anyway, I am sure I will get there soon.

What I would like to know is what that MAG fabric was in the later part of the 1980s. It must have been a 'found' item back then. But because it was so long ago, they could not find it and ended up contracting a fabric company to make it for them.

cavx Hey man, it's been a while since I've checked my pm messages. I just saw your YouTube video. I appreciate the shout out

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PSA
Not sure if anyone's touched upon this or not, but David has left sneakerahead.ru to work on his own brand. I believe that's why the prices have jumped up so much on the site; it's a new person running it

PSA
Not sure if anyone's touched upon this or not, but David has left sneakerahead.ru to work on his own brand. I believe that's why the prices have jumped up so much on the site; it's a new person running it

Ahhh that would make sense. So the broken v3s he sells are just via his personal brand then?

Ahhh that would make sense. So the broken v3s he sells are just via his personal brand then?

Nah, more then likely the broken v3s are just the ones that broke before they could be put up for sale

Nah, more then likely the broken v3s are just the ones that broke before they could be put up for sale

Yeah I meant of he's left sneaker ahead then he must be seeking then individually

I've shifted over to AirMagMan at this point. Lower prices, I've never seen really bad posted about him, just people being cautious. And I work with him to sell my DVDs. Why pay the $720 though sneakerahead, when airmagman is in Canada and has less trouble with customs, has a lower price at $500, and he does QC photos?

I've sifted over to @AirMagMan at this point. Lower prices, I've never seen really bad posted about him, just people being cautious. And I work with him to sell my DVDs. Why pay the $720 though sneakerahead, when airmagman is in Canada and has less trouble with customs, has a lower price at $500, and he does QC photos?

Do you know his policy regarding replacement pairs for immediate malfunctions or those seized by customs? If he is indeed now the best source, it would seem best to add his name to page 1 as an alternate source.

Do you know his policy regarding replacement pairs for immediate malfunctions or those seized by customs? If he is indeed now the best source, it would seem best to add his name to page 1 as an alternate source.
I know for sure that he replaces pairs seized by customs. Idk about the immediate malfunctions, I'll have to ask him. Speaking of malfunctions, my tax return just came in, ordered my new motors for my v4's. Hopefully I'll have them fixed for my birthday

Do his come with box and that?

I wonder where he gets if from.

I really need a friend from America that can sort me out something unrelated.

Nike.com sell things I can't get in the UK and it's super annoying.

Want some toddler shoes but they won't send them over. Annoying or what.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back