Wonder Woman (Post-release)

I recommend to see this movie, it's the best one since the Dark knight and a nice touch to the DCEU series until now
The plot flow was smooth with enough details in a appropriate time length for even non-fan to understand WW necessary profile details.

I'll definitely watch it again!

Was good... Not great. Everything DC movies have lacked, simple plots, character development, humor, chemistry and emotion can be found in the film. However, the third act is just ehhh.. not good. Editing on it definitely needed some work. Makes me look forward to Justice League now.

Was good... Not great. Everything DC movies have lacked, simple plots, character development, humor, chemistry and emotion can be found in the film. However, the third act is just ehhh.. not good. Editing on it definitely needed some work. Makes me look forward to Justice League now.
Keep in mind Zack Snyder is doing JL not Patty Jenkins. I dont even think Joss can save JL :lol

When you go into a movie with preconceived notions you're bound to be disappointed.
Sorry man, after Man of Steel, and especially Batman v Superman, Zack Snyder used up his passes.
@KhalDrogo Right, thats why I mentioned Joss. You can do a lot of stuff in the editing room, especially considering how many things are shot these days. But youre right, its 90 percent done anyway. WW has to wash the bad taste of BvS and SS out of peoples mouths. I hope it delivers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just came out and I loved it! Had just the right amount of humor and some great scenes that were genuinely touching. The chemistry between Chris Pine and Gal Gadot was super fun to watch as well.

This was a very alright movie. Easily the best of the DCEU, but then that isn't saying much is it?

I think the movie is being graded on a pretty big curve due to the failures of past DCEU films, and other Female led superhero films. It has it's moments and horrible CGI slow mo fight scenes and a few pacing issues a side, it is overall an alright film. It's not a great film and it is certainly not the "best superhero film ever" as some articles claim but for a popcorn movie? Sure, go for it. It was an enjoyable ride.

Spoilers, of course.

Loved it. Not too keen on Ares overall and the third act, but it shouldn't be simplified like that really. Really looking forward to re watching and analysing this like the other films. It was a classic film in a modern age, set in an older era with an always relevant message, some brilliant action scenes - I think if you're invested enough in the story from the start of the film with the adorable era of Diana growing up, the occasional drop in CGI quality doesn't take you out too much later on. It does suffer a little at parts but it didn't ruin anything for me.

It has a Bruce/Martha Rescue scene (ie. badass fight scenes), a Superman/World Engine moment (ie. hero moment beating the odds), it even had some of the fun that parts of Suicide Squad brought to the table. And it had even more unique moments that will forever be etched into young peoples minds who see this now. The acting was great all around, the comedy was almost perfectly balanced - it doesn't shotgun jokes into every scene, its situational humour and genuinely fun, without seeming forced. This will be repeated a lot - but Gal Gadot really is Wonder Woman. She's excellent, and while she has no need to "carry" this film, she elevates it.

Very good experience at the cinemas. Solid 8/10 on first viewing, I expect that to get better over time. (reference for me personally, after many rewatches and knowing the films intimately, MoS 9/10, BVS 8.5/10, SS 5.5/10)

As an aside, as it will be compared inevitably - I love Captain America: TFA, and that film is a 7/10 for me. This somehow did everything TFA did well for me(for a film set in a world war about a superhero), and expanded on it.

Saw it last night at a packed 7pm showing with a pretty enthusiastic crowd. During the scene when she climbs out of the trench pretty much the entire theater cheered. Overall I think this was a pretty good movie. Compared to the other 3 DC movies, its a frickin masterpiece, but outside of that I'd give it a solid B rating. Like a few people have said, the 3rd act fight scene against the big bad was probably the weakest part, but thats my only complaint. Definitely a solid movie. Hopefully WB\DC learn from this and can correct course with the upcoming films.

We just got home from an afternoon viewing and holy ****... I have so many feelings going on right now... I plan to let them settle a little and do a write up for the Talaria Press blog, but man, oh man... I am so ****ing happy with this movie! I loved it. It wasn't perfect, but it was amazing and I would see it again right now if I could.

Just got back. EXCELLENT film.
Wonder Woman didn't disappoint at all.
Very solidly written - I never questioned any of the character's motives, never felt like I was being condescended to, never felt like I must have missed something.
Very well paced - I wasn't bored for an instant. This movie sweeps you up and carries you away, and when it's over you wish it wasn't.

I have a few minor nit-picks, of course, but they're very minor: (No where near the gripe I had with MoS, which was pretty much everything about that dumpster fire...)
Super-slo-mo shots of (AWESOME!) practical stunts that I really wanted to see in real-time, and somewhat questionable CGI stunts shown at hyper-speed that could have and should have been practical stunts.
The casting of Ares was seriously weird. Should have been someone really imposing like Jason Momoa (I know he's Aqua-Man, but that's really too bad, because he would have been an excellent Ares).
I think that's all the nit-picks I have, actually...

I dug the hell out of this movie, and Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman!

Seen it twice already.

Big dumb old me walked in like a nervous wreck during the first time and I walked out a new man on the second.

First things first. I'm SO GLAD the clay origin is still a thing and the whole 'Hippolyte and Zues getting it on' is out the window. I totally don't mind Zeus bringing Diana to life from clay since that's just downsizing the number of gods to one. While I still prefer the many gods giving their gifts to clay Diana origin, I can totally live with what we have here. And Hippolyte wanting to raise Diana as a daughter and not as a weapon is absolutely in character, unlike the disaster of New 52 where Diana was a happy after thought to her and Zues' lustful nights.

And oh, this film was just right. Wonder Woman was no 'Alice' from Resident Evil. She was strong, committed to doing good but ignorant about the world at large. Her moments of weakness didn't diminish her as the hero and her resolve at the end was so gratifying. Really satisfied how this turned out.

If I only had one thing to say about this movie:

Every person in the world who complained about Gal Gadot being cast as Wonder Woman (I was a staunch supporter of it from the moment they announced it) needs to go see this movie ASAP. While BvS let us in on a little preview of her ability to play the role, this movie will sit you down, tie your asses up with the Lasso of Hestia, and MAKE you a believer.

I can only recall the tagline from Superman: The Movie that said "You will believe a man can fly." Well, folks, Wonder Woman brings that same sense of wonder (pun entirely intended) to the screen.

While Man of Steel was a complete waste of celluloid and Batman v Superman had unrealized potential, Wonder Woman knocks it clean out of the park. It had amazing action, wonderful acting all around, and good cinematography.

While there were a few issues with a few dodgy bits of CGI and the third act starting a bit wonkily, the movie overall was utterly fantastic. I went in with somewhat high expectations, and the movie exceeded them.

Solid 9/10

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back