Chewie mask WIP

Zaxmon

41355_1436442183309_1000600727_31067539_4963783_n.jpg

35981_1436442583319_1000600727_31067540_4266084_n.jpg

About an hour into it so far... :confused

Great start, is it on a lifecast of your own face?

Don't forget to make the muzzle deep enough to accommodate a whole set of teeth and throat.

Yes, it's on a lifecast of my own face.

The side view looks good, but from head on it looks like the nose is too large and the face too long...hmm... still a lot to do though.

Update:

IMG_3942.JPG

IMG_3943.JPG

I was thinking about using shell shock with fiberglass mat, has anyone tried that before? I was thinking about doing the same for the underskull...

EDIT: Giving credit to DougieFett and Trapjoe for some of their photos in the background.

Last edited:
Looks great! I wrestled with this for awhile before taking a long break. I really need to finish mine.

Looks awesome!

Wow, really? Hmm are my proportions way off? It seems to look correct, but I am beginning to wonder how I am going to fit a tongue in the maw.

Well it looks like you do have enough room from the profile!

Try sticking a lollipop stick or something similar through the mouth until it hits the armature and measure the depth from that.

Well it looks like you do have enough room from the profile!

Try sticking a lollipop stick or something similar through the mouth until it hits the armature and measure the depth from that.

I used a paperclip and it measured 1.5" haha.. I think I'm screwed, but I can't figure it out.

I don't know. I don't want to mold it and have it not all fit.

From the profile, it seems that my lips would reach the corner of chewie's mouth. That would probably be okay for teeth, not sure about a tongue.

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back