OR/ KR Sabers V2 build/modify thread- all are welcomed!

Joek3rr

Master Member
I thought since @halliwax has a thread going for working on the Anakin Starkiller V2. I'd get a KR Sabers V2 thread going. So if anyone wants to share their building/modifying/weathering progress/hints/tips/tricks feel free to put them here!

I'll start!

I just got the anodizing removed off of mine!
2.jpg

I noticed the oven cleaner changed the sheen a little, so I might do the rest of the parts, so they match. On a side note, I'm wondering what it would do to a Graflex clamp:unsure

1.jpg

Next up physical damage, *gulp*

U can always polish it back if you don’t like the oven clean burn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought since @halliwax has a thread going for working on the Anakin Starkiller V2. I'd get a KR Sabers V2 thread going. So if anyone wants to share their building/modifying/weathering progress/hints/tips/tricks feel free to put them here!

I'll start!

I just got the anodizing removed off of mine!
View attachment 845238

I noticed the oven cleaner changed the sheen a little, so I might do the rest of the parts, so they match. On a side note, I'm wondering what it would do to a Graflex clamp:unsure

View attachment 845239

Next up physical damage, *gulp*

Likely a stupid question, but can I ask how you used the oven cleaner? Did you dip the hilt or did you spray it on?

Likely a stupid question, but can I ask how you used the oven cleaner? Did you dip the hilt or did you spray it on?

I had two cans. One with warm soapy water to rinse with, and another for the oven cleaner.

I took each piece and stuck in a can, sprayed the oven cleaner, so it covers the part. Then scrubbed the parts with an old toothbrush. Rinse it with the soapy water than fresh water from a garden hose. Repeat as needed.

I ended up doing every piece except the vented pommel, so the sheen would match.

Hope that helps!

I had two cans. One with warm soapy water to rinse with, and another for the oven cleaner.

I took each piece and stuck in a can, sprayed the oven cleaner, so it covers the part. Then scrubbed the parts with an old toothbrush. Rinse it with the soapy water than fresh water from a garden hose. Repeat as needed.

I ended up doing every piece except the vented pommel, so the sheen would match.

Hope that helps!

It does, thank you. I am debating getting one of these, the only issue is the weathering. Want to do things right, not ruin it. Same process on all pieces is a good idea. I plan on dipping with aluminum black, not sure if hitting with oven cleaner first hurts that plan or makes no difference.

Very new to “weathering”. Any info helps, thanks again.

So I've been off the RPF for a long time. With various things gobbling up my time. But I'm finally getting around to posting some updates!

Firstly the physical damage.
I did this by using various sharp and blunt objects. To ding and scratch, following halliwax's guide. I had a few mess ups and boo-boos. But I'm happy with my first attempt at a V2. Then I took a bucket of pea-sized gravel we had to do some general random wear. I dropped the saber in the bucket, I poured the gravel on top, I then took handfuls that I mashed and ground against the hit. The end result was amazing.

v2 a.jpg
v2 b.jpg
v2 c.jpg
v2 d.jpg
v2 e.jpg

Then I used bleach to age the saber. Unfortunately I neglected to use distilled water. So the mineral in my water left the saber splotchy looking. So I'm planning to use some steel wool on it, and then let age one more time. In hopes of evening it out a bit.

v2 F.jpg
V2 G.jpg
V2 H.jpg
V2 I.jpg
V2 J.jpg

Some steel wool will definitely help take the splotchiness down. Some places are a little harder to get to that others, but with enough elbow grease you should be able to get it pretty even

Nice dents! That is much harder to dent then any of starkillers runs

Don’t only is the Kr x Or emitter harder to dent.. it’s also harder to hold..

I have been holding back posting because I want to do a big reveal, and mine isn’t done quite yet

But I really enjoy following your progress

Nice dents! That is much harder to dent then any of starkillers runs

Don’t only is the Kr x Or emitter harder to dent.. it’s also harder to hold..

I have been holding back posting because I want to do a big reveal, and mine isn’t done quite yet

But I really enjoy following your progress

Thanks! It's been fun following your tutorial, while adapting it to work with my version of the saber.

I used a stack of washers, but your right it's hard to hold. They want to slide around a lot.

Thanks! It's been fun following your tutorial, while adapting it to work with my version of the saber.

I used a stack of washers, but your right it's hard to hold. They want to slide around a lot.

I didn’t use any washers for The KR, I only clamped it in a vise, and used some plates I have for my mini mill to protect the hilt from being damaged

It was really tricky trying to hit it, so I had to really lock it in the vise, I couldn’t believe how much heat it had to take to get it to dent

8ABBC2F3-AF40-4307-9693-E0FE2741A8F1.jpeg

I didn’t use any washers for The KR, I only clamped it in a vise, and used some plates I have for my mini mill to protect the hilt from being damaged

It was really tricky trying to hit it, so I had to really lock it in the vise, I couldn’t believe how much heat it had to take to get it to dent

View attachment 942438

Oh wow! Yikes! I wouldn't be brave enough to try that method.

I so afraid that I would end warping the threaded section, and it would never be able turn again. Can you still screws yours off?

Oh wow! Yikes! I wouldn't be brave enough to try that method.

I so afraid that I would end warping the threaded section, and it would never be able turn again. Can you still screws yours off?

Oh yeah with ease, the solos hold emitter is the same way, and we dent that the same exact way

Plus I don’t think the emitter plate needs to ever screw off? I haven’t FX’ed yet so I don’t know, but logically looking at it I don’t think I need to remove it when fXing?

I removed it on my unboxing and had a b8txh of a time re aligning it.. don’t want to do that again lol

Oh yeah with ease, the solos hold emitter is the same way, and we dent that the same exact way

Plus I don’t think the emitter plate needs to ever screw off? I haven’t FX’ed yet so I don’t know, but logically looking at it I don’t think I need to remove it when fXing?

I removed it on my unboxing and had a b8txh of a time re aligning it.. don’t want to do that again lol

That's good to know.
When I FX mine I'll take that off, so it's not in the way.

Finished my KR. Happy overall but just cannot get the windvayne right. Tried the tutorial multiple times but just get a mud-ish color. Maybe I'm not giving the first leather brown coat time enough to dry. Went with dark brown and flat black testors. On a positive note- first time using aluminum black and love the finish. Followed the steps and it came out great. Really like the depth it adds around the pommel.

IMG_1045.jpg IMG_1048.jpg IMG_1049.jpg IMG_1050.jpg

Finished my KR. Happy overall but just cannot get the windvayne right. Tried the tutorial multiple times but just get a mud-ish color. Maybe I'm not giving the first leather brown coat time enough to dry. Went with dark brown and flat black testors. On a positive note- first time using aluminum black and love the finish. Followed the steps and it came out great. Really like the depth it adds around the pommel.

View attachment 944239 View attachment 944240 View attachment 944241 View attachment 944242

Beautiful!

Well, after many many distractions :p I finally got my V2 a second dunk in bleach and water. After buffing it down, it looks pretty good. Some splotches and spots still, but I figure it adds something unique in the weathering. Next up stencils *gulp*

20200518_115905.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back