Battle starship

Very interesting solution to the smaller thrusters, they look great. I'm always learning something new here at the RPF.

Your daughter is extremely talented and creative. The dress is beautiful and I hope whoever ends up with it appreciates all that hard work!

Is this the same daughter who also sculpts amazingly well? I remember you had a thread about that a few years back and everyone was blown away.

Stunning work by you both, the dress is stunning , your daughter should work with movie wardrobe .

a local saying when your child has the same traits as a parent ,
They didn't lick it off the stones

she should be proud of herself, fantastic work
YOU both together should make a METAL TWIKI from buck Roger's with your skills combined it would be easy :lol
View attachment 727782

Wwoow, that's some old show.
How old are you anyway?:lol

Thanks!!

Thank you for the kind words...but it was your photos of the flowering trees that mirrored the thrusters and reminded of "blooms"

Anyway, I absolutely love the new smaller thrusters and the curved look. Your "simple tools" approach and metal working are cool to watch. I've never tried it before..... The other nice development is that once you start adding the smaller details....piping, thrusters, lights, scribes, etc...the entire project will start to come together and start to lose the basic appearance.That's the exciting part, when the details start to take shape and finalize your vision of the project. The DETAILS ! It's always in the DETAILS !

As for your daughter, well, UNBELIEVABLE ! I can't even begin to think about the time and dedication to detail that she invests in her work ! It looks like it should be worn on a movie set or on display at a museum. If I ever wore a dress....it it have to be THAT ONE ! :lol

Looking forward to your next update !

Thank you very much for the comment every time. Yeah, I will add more details as much as mountains.
And thank you very much for your kind words for mu daughters work.
She is really happy now!!

The engines are coming along nicely. Looking forward to more

And that sure is a beautiful dress!

Thank you very much!
blaken1-san ! I will post some more soon.

Very interesting solution to the smaller thrusters, they look great. I'm always learning something new here at the RPF.

Your daughter is extremely talented and creative. The dress is beautiful and I hope whoever ends up with it appreciates all that hard work!

Is this the same daughter who also sculpts amazingly well? I remember you had a thread about that a few years back and everyone was blown away.

Thank you very much for the kind comment, Dem Bones-san. I appreciate all the time.

The one who made that zombie is taller one with no eyeglasses.
Now she is living alone in a distant place.

The dress is absolutely gorgeous!

Thank you so much, Axlot-san.

Beautiful dress(y)cool:thumbsup

Thank you very much for looking her dress!

katsu

Stunning work by you both, the dress is stunning , your daughter should work with movie wardrobe .

a local saying when your child has the same traits as a parent,
They didn't lick it off the stones

Thanking you so much always, Vacformedhero-san
You've just gave her a very pleasing word.

Gentlemen,
Thank you very much for the kind words for me and my daughter.
She has read all the comments of you again and again.
At this moment, about 42 ballet dresses are in her inventory and she continue to make day by day.
She looks little tired but those words from the creative people are her very honor and cast her high.
She told me to send her best regards to you all together with her big kisses.

Thank you very much!!

Katsuhiko and Yuki Fujihira

The engines are amazing - they look like you're copying from some already existing rocket. (On second thought, real world rockets rarely look that good.)

Your daughter's dress is beautiful. I can barely operate a sewing machine to make a straight stitch. I know you're proud of both your daughters' creative skills.

Maybe some teamwork: a little zombie wearing a beautiful dress... :lol

And I'm envious of the meals you're making for your lucky wife. I know my lunch won't be nearly as good...

Hooray! Yuki-kisses! :love

What about mine?

The engines are amazing - they look like you're copying from some already existing rocket. (On second thought, real world rockets rarely look that good.)

Your daughter's dress is beautiful. I can barely operate a sewing machine to make a straight stitch. I know you're proud of both your daughters' creative skills.

Maybe some teamwork: a little zombie wearing a beautiful dress... :lol

And I'm envious of the meals you're making for your lucky wife. I know my lunch won't be nearly as good...

Hi! Tom-san.

Thanks for the comment about the thruster.
I may add a few more details there and go for the engineering section.

And thank you for the kind words to my daughter's work.

This is her work room. Five sewing machines. I don't even know which one for what.
You can handle a sewing machine. That's something I have to try.

These are tiaras

Some of her inventory.

Although we have to endure for the long and cold winter , May is one of the best season here in this place.

This small garden was so miserable a few month ago but now all the flowers are blooming. Thanks to my wife's effort. One of the good point you living in a county far from city is you can buy floweres with reasonable prices.

Today, we are having a Spring rain here.

Last week, my daughter of zombie sculpture came home. (to join that small trip)
She recently successfully changed to a good company.
She said she will have more spare time to do anything much more than before.
Maybe we can see some teamwork...:D

Last edited:
Lovely work by your daughter and a lovely garden

I missed the pics earlier from the Ashikaga Flower Park. That Wysteria is amazing

My wife loves wysteria

We used to have it growing along our fence and over some arches etc.. at our previous house.

We moved a couple years ago and I have been trying to convince her not to replant any. That stuff is really invasive though and tends to just take over everything.

But she recently bought home some. Supposedly this is a different variety that does not take over as much. We'll see

Lovely work by your daughter and a lovely garden

I missed the pics earlier from the Ashikaga Flower Park. That Wysteria is amazing

My wife loves wysteria

We used to have it growing along our fence and over some arches etc.. at our previous house.

We moved a couple years ago and I have been trying to convince her not to replant any. That stuff is really invasive though and tends to just take over everything.

But she recently bought home some. Supposedly this is a different variety that does not take over as much. We'll see

Thank you very much, blaken1-san.

Indeed as you say, wisteria is really invasive and demands a lot of fertilizer.
This little wisteria is the one we bought at the Ashikaga Flower Park on that day.
The park keeper told us that June is the good season to replant it on the ground.
As yo said, we may have to choose the place carefully.
Of course, my wife will order me to build a trellis.

I was trying to be back to workbench yesterday. However, my wife told me to do something on the mailbox which has been wrecked by the strong wind a while ago.

So this is another sidework.
I thought it fixed up funny. So, please have a look.

The mailbox is made of aluminum die casting.

I did a little metal work.
I did a usual little metal work with 0.5mm thick aluminum sheet.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
:lol:lol:lol
The mail box is absolutely brilliant, I gave out a big belly laugh when I saw it, you my friend are a genius, (where are you fittings the lights ? and are you putting boosters on the bottom of it ?!!!

You should really rename this thread to simply: My Wonderful Life. I showed my wife the meals you made for your wife. Bad idea, lol

....and of course you make the best mailbox ever ! Lol

Art deco mailbox. Simply stunning. You and your family are amazing people.

--Alex

Thank you very much always, Alex-san!

:lol:lol:lol
The mail box is absolutely brilliant, I gave out a big belly laugh when I saw it, you my friend are a genius, (where are you fittings the lights ? and are you putting boosters on the bottom of it ?!!!

:lol Thanks! It supposed to have a retractable laser turret.

Awesome mailbox! I need to hide this thread from my wife, otherwise I fear my to do list will grow:lol

Oh, no, my brother.... You have THAT list, too...:facepalm
Thanks!!

You should really rename this thread to simply: My Wonderful Life. I showed my wife the meals you made for your wife. Bad idea, lol

....and of course you make the best mailbox ever ! Lol

:lol:lol Making the Bento box every morning is the superior mission for your beloved wife. Don't think, just do it!! :devil:lol

This is today's one.

"Shake - Bento "

"Grilled salmon and tempura.
This is very typical Bento here.

On tonight's episode of "Pimp my mailbox", we go to the far reaches of Japan.......

Seriously, my friend, you turn everything into art!

:lolOh, I love that show. We can see it only on Hulu here.

Thank you very much.

OK, let's get down to the model.

Here are some progress of today.
I started this from 8 am. and now it's 4 pm.:facepalm

I may add some more detailing here later but now let's see how it's looking.

This is it for today.

And, honest.
Thank you very much for being generous to our little domestic topics every time.
It's just an old man's stuff but you always give me a kind comment. I and my family really appreciate your kindness.

All the best to you all, gentlemen,

Last edited:
Love your work Katsu-San, pleasure and domestic, old mans stuff !!! Ha your not an old man, it an absolute pleasure to see and read what you do, you are inspirational, please keep it up as many of us love to read about your build and family

Very cool! So creative! Food, sign, mailbox, garden, Starship... Thank you for sharing it all.

That F-14 in the background. 1/48 scale? I have a similar kit. Love that plane.

The mailbox, the shake bento, those incredible engines... I feel so lazy!

Speaking of the shake bento, may I ask what these two, small pieces are in the upper left corner of the photo?

Shake_Bento.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back